Thread: LLLT/RLT also for KPRF?

Default LLLT/RLT also for KPRF?

Dear Forum Members,

I have KPRF with permanent red cheeks, a swollen face and burning all over it. Everything I tried and every cream I applied, only worsened my condition. So I thought about giving LED Light Therapy a chance. Has anyone got any experience with KPRF and LLLT? What color would be best to calm my face and reduce the redness/flushing/swelling?

Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Dear Forum Members,

I have KPRF with permanent red cheeks, a swollen face and burning all over it. Everything I tried and every cream I applied, only worsened my condition. So I thought about giving LED Light Therapy a chance. Has anyone got any experience with KPRF and LLLT? What color would be best to calm my face and reduce the redness/flushing/swelling?
    Doesn't look like you've had any replies so I thougth i'd chime in.

My situations sounds similar to yours.. flushing, swollen/puffy feeling, permanant redness etc.. There was time when I used Red Light Therapy on a daily basis. It made my face very clear durring and right after use but I wasn't too confident in it being a long term fix. I eventually went on to get Vbeam Perfecta so I no longer use the light unit.

Did you end up trying anythign out?

Thanks for you reply. I bought me one of those LED-masks and tried it with red light therapy. Funny thing is, Im getting really pale while using it, but it only lasts for about a minute and then turns back to the old condition. I havent seen any improvements so far, in fact I think my face is burning a little bit more than before.

Besides that, I already had some IPL treatments, however without any success. The last IPL was a nightmare with a swollen, burning and deep red face for about three weeks, so I stopped the IPL treatments.

Did you have any success with any treatment?

Thanks for you reply. I bought me one of those LED-masks and tried it with red light therapy. Funny thing is, Im getting really pale while using it, but it only lasts for about a minute and then turns back to the old condition. I havent seen any improvements so far, in fact I think my face is burning a little bit more than before.

Besides that, I already had some IPL treatments, however without any success. The last IPL was a nightmare with a swollen, burning and deep red face for about three weeks, so I stopped the IPL treatments.

Did you have any success with any treatment?
    That's what I experienced as well when using red light. It was very soothing and would cause my skin to go very pale.

I've had about 5 or 6 Vbeam Perfecta treatments and i've seen pretty good results. It was a slow process though. I remember being very flushy and sensitive after my 1st and 2nd treamtents.

Have you looked vbeam at all? It's different from IPL, correct?

VBeam seems to be much harsher, as far as Ive understood. IPL is more gentle. However, when I react in such a strong way to the IPL treatment, I guess with VBeam the reaction would be much worse. So Im too afraid of trying it..

Do you still use your red light device, or did you give up on it?

When I had VBeam, I used turmeric and honey as a face mask every night for about 2 weeks after the treatment. I healed very well.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

VBeam seems to be much harsher, as far as Ive understood. IPL is more gentle. However, when I react in such a strong way to the IPL treatment, I guess with VBeam the reaction would be much worse. So Im too afraid of trying it..

Do you still use your red light device, or did you give up on it?
    No, I don't use my redlight device anymore. I still have it though. It's a really nice unit that was built by a member on this forum. I didn't want the redlight to somehow interfere with the vbeam so I stopped using it.

I've always had the non bruising type of vbeam so it didnt' really seem that harsh. I supose eveyone is different though. The longest recovery time I had was definitely after my first session. I'm at the point now where I could have a session done in the morning and look fairly normal by mid afternoon. I'm sure it also has a lot ot do with setting and who's performing the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
    No, I don't use my redlight device anymore. I still have it though. It's a really nice unit that was built by a member on this forum. I didn't want the redlight to somehow interfere with the vbeam so I stopped using it.

I've always had the non bruising type of vbeam so it didnt' really seem that harsh. I supose eveyone is different though. The longest recovery time I had was definitely after my first session. I'm at the point now where I could have a session done in the morning and look fairly normal by mid afternoon. I'm sure it also has a lot ot do with setting and who's performing the procedure.
    Are you saying you have permanently stopped using the red light device? I'm on the cusp of buying one but your comment is cuasing me to rethink it...
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    Are you saying you have permanently stopped using the red light device? I'm on the cusp of buying one but your comment is cuasing me to rethink it...
    I stopped using my decive due to the fact that i've seen pretty good results from Vbeam. Who knows, my redness might be even less if I had continued using RLT between vbeam treatments.

I know there are some members who have had Vbeam and continue to use their device on a daily basis (between treatments)

I wouldn't pass on redlight simply from my comments. I'd actually suggest you try it out and see what kind of results you get. It might do wonders for you! Might as well find out.

I still have the unit sitting in my closet and may take it out again someday.