Thread: Is this Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea Beginnings?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is this Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea Beginnings?

Hi Everyone, hoping this is the right place to post?

No medical history, no known allergies, no medications, not overweight, sun worshiper. Recent comprehensive panel, allergies panel all within normal limits and negative. Doctor advice to eat healthy and exercise.

I have had odd symptoms on and off that have started over the last year or so. For instance, After drinking coffee I seem to get an intense burning/stinging sensation mainly on my cheeks and neck with discomfort on my nose. I feel like I'm flushing but do not become bright red or sweat. Also, I have noticed this same condition after eating certain types of foods such as pasta, cereal, dairy(mozzarella), peanuts. My nose has also seemed to become sore, like a swelling feeling, but not so obvious as a real swelled up nose, soreness occurring on the inside and outside. I'm also, feeling burning and grittiness in my eyes. Over the course of the last couple years I do recall having a couple of severe flushing events during some stressful times, but most normally do not have a bright red complexion, more like a sort of pink. I've spent a good number of years outside in the sun, but no longer. I do notice that when I do go out in the sun, I can't seem to stay very long without feeling a sensitivity to it. I do not have any acne like symptoms, but do have some little threads that have popped up around/on the nose. I feel like my nose, cheeks and neck are always now more irritated with common daily activities, not too an extreme, but discomfort.

I don't think its allergies, celiac or lactose intolerant as I do not have any nausea, vomiting, etc.

Can anyone recall if this is how their rosacea started?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by imnotsure1; 31st January 2018 at 07:22 PM.