Thread: a rosacea suffer

Default a rosacea suffer

hey everyone ! I've had this skin condition for two years and a half now . It s desroying my self confidence and my social life . I used to go the gym and I no longer do this because of my awful redness. I m always afraid of going out and talking to people . I m sepressed and I have social anxiety . this condition ruined my life . I feel like I could be a better person if i didin't get rosacea . I planned to be a successful girl and now I m completly desprate . I can not imagine the rest of my life dealing with skin condition . I m just 20 yo . Family even mom does not understand why I m depressed and the reason of my social anxiey and my ****ty mood . I just wanted to share my feelings with you . Life is just so unfair .

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatered View Post
    hey everyone ! I've had this skin condition for two years and a half now . It s desroying my self confidence and my social life . I used to go the gym and I no longer do this because of my awful redness. I m always afraid of going out and talking to people . I m sepressed and I have social anxiety . this condition ruined my life . I feel like I could be a better person if i didin't get rosacea . I planned to be a successful girl and now I m completly desprate . I can not imagine the rest of my life dealing with skin condition . I m just 20 yo . Family even mom does not understand why I m depressed and the reason of my social anxiey and my ****ty mood . I just wanted to share my feelings with you . Life is just so unfair .
    Hey,

I've been suffering for close to 3 years now, so I know how you feel. I have terrible social anxiety because of it and I always imagine what I would be like if I had 'normal' skin instead. It's more annoying because I'm at university and I don't like pushing myself to meet new people because of it. I think it's important to try and find a 'silver lining' in everything, especially when it comes to this condition. I tell myself that at least it's a benign condition and other people my age are going through much worse conditions and life situations than I am. I know it's hard to look in the mirror sometimes but you have to try and still live your life. Luckily my rosacea does not have many triggers, so it is not limiting my quality of life in that regard. Have you looked at any treatment options? I've tried most topical creams to no avail but something like 'Red Light Therapy' may be worth considering.

Stay strong!

Hey everyone . I Ďve been suffering from redness and flushing for few years now. Iím very shy and always sad when i look in the mirror. My relationship kind of ended because of this , so u can imagine how i feel about rosacea. About 4 years ago i went to a dermatology in chicago and they told me i have rosacea and the only way to get rid of it is ipl . They did a test area on my right cheek and the laser was so strong i looked like i was in a fight and i even had a black eye from it . It was swollen for very long . It took so long to heal, so i decided no to do it on my full face. Its probably good for people who work from home. I was so sad and depressed that i cant do the laser to fix my redness and flushing. I kind if gave up on my face . This year i started to eat more healthy . Lots of Green tea and cucumber . I no longer eat dairy, and i think this helped a bit . I also no longer eat fried food which also helps in my case. I just started red light theraphy. Iíve discovered that natural soap from dr bronners also helps. Anything thats nutural i think might help and if u are consistent it might be a huge help to fight this bi*tch. Now i feel that my face is little bit less red than usual and when i flush its not as bad . Hopefully they rtl will help as well.

Ihatered and Lighfy, welcome to RF. Please read this post. There is a huge amount of posts here to sort through which may seem overwhelming, but if you take an hour or two and just browse subjects or categories that you find may help your skin condition it is worth the effort. You will find invaluable information since we have all experienced what you are going through and have found ways to control our rosacea. You will too.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatered View Post
    Hello,

I just want to tell you to try to be positive i know its not an easy condition and its super annoying to deal with rosacea but i'm sure you will learn to manage it.

I was so depressed at the beginning but few years after i don't want to give up or to be depressed from it, i'm sure there is a cure for each type of Rosacea but until you find yours try to live and be positive and make research here to have an update about what can work.

I'm here if you need or want to talk ( im sorry if my english is a bit bad but i live in France )

Tc

Quote Originally Posted by AyahK View Post
    Hello,

I just want to tell you to try to be positive i know its not an easy condition and its super annoying to deal with rosacea but i'm sure you will learn to manage it.

I was so depressed at the beginning but few years after i don't want to give up or to be depressed from it, i'm sure there is a cure for each type of Rosacea but until you find yours try to live and be positive and make research here to have an update about what can work.

I'm here if you need or want to talk ( im sorry if my english is a bit bad but i live in France )

Tc

I think I also have this symptom after I stop roaccutane and feel depressed a lot as my family and my friends also start to avoid me now