Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just started using a LED mask - good initial results

Quote Originally Posted by ladycappuccino View Post
    So far so good, but - as you say yourself - I have just begun my LED adventure
    Today, for instance, is a very cold day. -10 with a strong wind that feels like -15. No warm room flush. A very slight stinging/burning though. But no increased redness. I can drink hot beverages without my capillaries getting overreactive.
    My face looks normal. It feels normal, although it is still pretty dry.

I am pretty pleased, but also realistic. Many people said that despite promising beginnings, their rosacea got aggravated because of the RLT.
    I will wait and see.

Anything keeping me away from laser is good enough.
    Hi there, I am considering purchasing a red LED device after my vbeam sessions are complete. Would you be willing to post the model you've purchased? I'm wondering if it's the same mask that another user posted and experienced good results with. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pleatherpants View Post
    Hi there, I am considering purchasing a red LED device after my vbeam sessions are complete. Would you be willing to post the model you've purchased? I'm wondering if it's the same mask that another user posted and experienced good results with. Thanks!
    Hi Pleatherpants,
    This one:
    https://www.projectebeauty.com/produ...skin-care-mask

To be honest, I wasn't opting for that particular brand. I wanted Smarterlights, but 1) it was sold out, 2) it requires buying an additional lamp and 3) it was quite expensive.

There's plethora of led masks (which are very comfortable and easy to use). Just choose something that provides at least a one-year warranty.

Good luck!

Hi Pleatherpants,
    This one:
    https://www.projectebeauty.com/produ...skin-care-mask

To be honest, I wasn't opting for that particular brand. I wanted Smarterlights, but 1) it was sold out, 2) it requires buying an additional lamp and 3) it was quite expensive.

There's plethora of led masks (which are very comfortable and easy to use). Just choose something that provides at least a one-year warranty.

Good luck!
    Great! Thank you for the tip!

Default Little update

No major change, although some things become clearer and clearer to me:
    - The green light does me more harm than good. It stimulates my skin more than the red light and I am not quite sure whether it would be beneficial in long term. From now on I will focus on the red as it has more calming effect
    - RLT has no impact whatsoever on the level of moisture of my skin. It is still very very dry
    - It gives me though smaller pores and more even complexion

So much for now. I will give an update in two weeks.

One more thing: it's -25 here. Yep, pretty deadly for a sensitive couperose skin like mine. Difficult not to flush. RLT makes it somehow easier. Yesterday, when I came to my warm house from the "icy" outside, I felt this uncomfortable warmth in my cheeks. Indeed, when I looked in the mirror, I was slightly pink and the pores on my face became larger (oh, how I hate it...). I put the mask for 10 minutes. It stopped the flush and calmed my cheeks down. Today, before going to work and leaving towards -25, I put the mask for 10 minutes as well. No flush on the horizon so far.
    I do not know about any long-term results of this LLLT experiment, but I see already a short-term (immediate) benefit for my skin: it's CALMER.

Over.

One more thing: it's -25 here. Yep, pretty deadly for a sensitive couperose skin like mine. Difficult not to flush. RLT makes it somehow easier. Yesterday, when I came to my warm house from the "icy" outside, I felt this uncomfortable warmth in my cheeks. Indeed, when I looked in the mirror, I was slightly pink and the pores on my face became larger (oh, how I hate it...). I put the mask for 10 minutes. It stopped the flush and calmed my cheeks down. Today, before going to work and leaving towards -25, I put the mask for 10 minutes as well. No flush on the horizon so far.
    I do not know about any long-term results of this LLLT experiment, but I see already a short-term (immediate) benefit for my skin: it's CALMER.

Over.
    Hi LadyCappucino, have you noticed an improvement in the frequency of your flushing (if you had any before?)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pleatherpants View Post
    Hi LadyCappucino, have you noticed an improvement in the frequency of your flushing (if you had any before?)

Thanks!
    Yes. I can't say I have been flushing a lot prior to the commencement of my LED experiment, but I see an improvement. It feels as if now the flush stops halfway through.

Hi Lady Cappucino,
    Are you still using the mask? How have you found it, if you are?
    Are you noticing any positive changes?
    I'm considering buying one.
    Also how long are you using it for each day?

Many thanks from a new member,
    Mindfully Optimistic

Default Update

So, I have been using my LED mask for almost three weeks now.
    Here's what I have found out so far:
    - 25 minutes is too long for one session and causes a small redness
    - the optimal dose is 2x5 minutes (one in the morning and in the evening)
    - the anti-inflammatory effect is incontestable in my case: my face is no longer dry, tight or reactive. To my greatest astonishment, I can rinse it with a tap water without getting red painful patches all over! My face is calm.
    - burning has diminished somewhat
    - flushing has diminished just a little.
    - darker spots on my face are brightened up
    - no impact on broken caps; actually I think I have gotten some new No miracle here. But, on the other hand, winters have always been difficult for my skin.

I am a little worried about what they write about RLT and its effect on creating new capillaries. Nevertheless, I will be carrying on for at least a month.

Over.

So, I have been using my LED mask for almost three weeks now.
    Here's what I have found out so far:
    - 25 minutes is too long for one session and causes a small redness
    - the optimal dose is 2x5 minutes (one in the morning and in the evening)
    - the anti-inflammatory effect is incontestable in my case: my face is no longer dry, tight or reactive. To my greatest astonishment, I can rinse it with a tap water without getting red painful patches all over! My face is calm.
    - burning has diminished somewhat
    - flushing has diminished just a little.
    - darker spots on my face are brightened up
    - no impact on broken caps; actually I think I have gotten some new No miracle here. But, on the other hand, winters have always been difficult for my skin.

I am a little worried about what they write about RLT and its effect on creating new capillaries. Nevertheless, I will be carrying on for at least a month.

Over.
    Thanks so much for your response Lady Cappuccino,
    That's really useful. I hadn't read before about the possibility of creating new capillaries, so that is something I will definitely be keeping an eye out for.
    I'm still researching but leaning towards an Aduro mask - will be $450 AU - not cheap, but given the amount I've spent on roasacea treatments over the years, my desire to come off some (ideally all) of my prescription meds (doxy, aldactone and soolantra) and my preference to avoid lasers, I think I'm just about ready to splash out.
    Thanks again for your reply, much appreciated
    Mindfully Optimistic