Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just started using a LED mask - good initial results

Default Just started using a LED mask - good initial results

Hi,
    After months of hesitation I decided to finally give LLLT a try. I have had no budget to buy some kick-ass device, so I purchased a LED mask advertised for rejuvenation. It has 7 colours in 1. When the delivery arrived, to my dismay I discovered that the mask is very solid and well crafted. I was actually expecting to see something like a gadget for a barbie doll
    Despite the producer warnings against using the mask in case of vascular problems, I decided to take that risk. I have been using the mask for a week now. Mostly in the evenings. I use red light (10 minutes) + green light (5 minutes). With my device it is possible to select the energy range from 1 to 5. I have been using level 3 (the intermediate settings). All in all, I am taking it slow (kind of a foreplay with the LED mask ). I am going to increase the settings after two weeks and use the mask for 25 minutes, not 15.
    So far, so good. The mask does not generate any heat. It is very relaxing. The red light feels neutral on my face. The green light though feels more...how shall I put it....reactive. I can feel that something is going on under the skin surface. I get this tingling feeling in my nerves. But, surprisingly, when I take the mask off, my face is pale, paler than it normally is. It feels calmer. Less irritated. And the general tone of my complexion is more even, prettier.
    Let's see what the future brings, but I am definitely going to continue for a while.

Cool!
    Are there risks of skin cancer with this?
    And would it aggrevate melasma?

I wish I knew the answer to your question...
    I don't think that there are any long-term studies related to this. All that has been established so far is that the light can be used successfully for various medicinal purposes: psoriasis, inflammations of different etiology, eczemas, even depression. Cancers, actually, as well.
    The LED devices we use here do not emit any ultraviolet radiation, therefore I reckon there is no risks of skin cancer/skin damage involved.
    I am not a big fan of putting anything that generates light close to my face. But, well, I just want my old skin back (I don't know if I have rosacea, but it has been definitely a battlefield of some sort). Lasers are much too powerful to my mind, therefore I opted for the LED. The mechanism of how these things work is the same, but the energy output is just so so so so much different.

Oh, you also asked about the melasma.
    Again, I can't say anything for sure. Anyhow, my skin tone is paler and more even. For now. Let's see how my skin will be looking in three months. I will let you know whether any melasma problems occurs.

I see! Thanks!

Could you use it for example only on your nose? I only have nose flushing, you see.

Unfortunately, not. It's a mask.
    But there are lots of other models (panels, handheld lamps etc.).

For the very first time today I have not experienced stinging/burning sensations, which always accompany me at work (my work office is extremely dry). Despite biking 10 km to work in the frost, I came to my warm room and experienced no discomfort (no flushing, no irritation). My face is calm and paler (although really really dry) than usually. I really hope it is not a placebo effect. Anyhow, I will be continuing with the lowlevel light therapy.

Awesome, cheering for you! Keep the updates coming

Hi there,

How are you going with the LED? Something Iím looking at trying. Has this worked for many rosacea sufferers?

Just saw that itís only been a day or so but at least Iím following the thread! Good luck and let us know how you go

So far so good, but - as you say yourself - I have just begun my LED adventure
    Today, for instance, is a very cold day. -10 with a strong wind that feels like -15. No warm room flush. A very slight stinging/burning though. But no increased redness. I can drink hot beverages without my capillaries getting overreactive.
    My face looks normal. It feels normal, although it is still pretty dry.

I am pretty pleased, but also realistic. Many people said that despite promising beginnings, their rosacea got aggravated because of the RLT.
    I will wait and see.

Anything keeping me away from laser is good enough.