Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Prof Chu Chiswick

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    PS, Red,

My eyes are WAY better, too

I noticed when first using Benadryl for food reactions that the lid inflammation and redness and eye irritation would vanish for a few hrs.
    Benadryl was very short acting and crosses the blood-brain barrier but was the only anti-histamine that worked until I started to use the 2 x 20mgs of
    Zyrtec.
    Interestingly enough, I tried numerous anti-histamine eye drops, but had no success

I no longer use any eye drops, compresses etc. Just clean my lids w/Bioderma Micellar water same as I do my face.
    Histamines definitely cause inflammation when released in their allergic cascade.
    My nose is no longer inflamed, red and swollen. I used to get horrific nose flushes that were just the worst and SO painful.
    The Zeobind + Zyrtec have given me my life back.
    I cannot wait to receive the Toxaprevent so I can heal my gut destroyed by antibiotics once and for all.

I hope you find the same success as I have been blessed with

NEVER give up hope,
    Bluedog
    Bluedog how amazing you are recovering. I am over the moon for you that you have found something that works.
    Could you just help explain to me what you are ta
    what is Zyrtec? Is this an antihistamine?
    Does it help with hot room flushes and anxiety flushes (or were you not getting them)?

I agree with you that sometimes upping the dosage even more willl work. Prof Chu wants me to up my clonidine dosage so I could take 12 X 25mcg tablets (I currently take 9 X 25mcg) and he told me to up the MOntelukast to 20mg a night. I suffer from red cheeks when I wake up

Thank you

PS, Red,

I cannot wait to receive the Toxaprevent so I can heal my gut destroyed by antibiotics once and for all.

NEVER give up hope,
    Bluedog
    Hi Bluedog -- I'm SO GLAD to read this!!! I know it was a long road for you. I hope you go out there and do fun things + live life without worrying about flushing or burning anymore. Thank you for always being so optimistic in your posts

PS, Red,

My eyes are WAY better, too

I noticed when first using Benadryl for food reactions that the lid inflammation and redness and eye irritation would vanish for a few hrs.
    Benadryl was very short acting and crosses the blood-brain barrier but was the only anti-histamine that worked until I started to use the 2 x 20mgs of
    Zyrtec.
    Interestingly enough, I tried numerous anti-histamine eye drops, but had no success

I no longer use any eye drops, compresses etc. Just clean my lids w/Bioderma Micellar water same as I do my face.
    Histamines definitely cause inflammation when released in their allergic cascade.
    My nose is no longer inflamed, red and swollen. I used to get horrific nose flushes that were just the worst and SO painful.

NEVER give up hope,
    Bluedog
    Hi Bluedog

Please let us know how you get on with Toxaprevent and if it really does help at all

Thanks
    MD

Last monday, that is, 8 days ago, I upped my Zyrtec dose to 10 mg in the morning and 10 mg in the evening. I felt a burning sensation on my scalp (I have bad psoriasis like scalp problems which my derm suspects is folliculitis decalvans, but I don't know) and a sensation in my body that I'm at the burst of flushing all the time. Weird. Next day I went to my GP and got a prescription for Singulair, so Tuesday 18:00 (last week) I took my first Singulair tablet, alongside with the 10mgx2 Zyrtec I started the day before.

Now, the results were pretty insane. Already the next day, I could see results on my nose. Noticably less red. And it just continued. I've had the most amazing days until Tuesday, with a perfectly white nose. All the visible blood vessels just went away.

BUT, that was until yesterday, 7-8 days after. I woke up, with a slightly red nose. My eye symptoms just went berserk during the day. I could barely keep them open, they were so sore. And my nose got redder. Same red nose this morning.

I really, really wonder what just happened...

EDIT: Monday, the day before the relapse, I fasted. I also changed bed sheets etc. I worked long hours, but did not feel stressed. I had a brilliant night of sleep...
    EDIT2: Other factors that changed. I used cortisone on my inflammed scalp before I went to bed.
    Last edited by rednessator; 14th March 2018 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Last monday, that is, 8 days ago, I upped my Zyrtec dose to 10 mg in the morning and 10 mg in the evening. I felt a burning sensation on my scalp (I have bad psoriasis like scalp problems which my derm suspects is folliculitis decalvans, but I don't know) and a sensation in my body that I'm at the burst of flushing all the time. Weird. Next day I went to my GP and got a prescription for Singulair, so Tuesday 18:00 (last week) I took my first Singulair tablet, alongside with the 10mgx2 Zyrtec I started the day before.

Now, the results were pretty insane. Already the next day, I could see results on my nose. Noticably less red. And it just continued. I've had the most amazing days until Tuesday, with a perfectly white nose. All the visible blood vessels just went away.

BUT, that was until yesterday, 7-8 days after. I woke up, with a slightly red nose. My eye symptoms just went berserk during the day. I could barely keep them open, they were so sore. And my nose got redder. Same red nose this morning.

I really, really wonder what just happened...

EDIT: Monday, the day before the relapse, I fasted. I also changed bed sheets etc. I worked long hours, but did not feel stressed. I had a brilliant night of sleep...
    EDIT2: Other factors that changed. I used cortisone on my inflammed scalp before I went to bed.
    Hi Red,

A few thoughts come to mind as I read your post.

Fasting can cause the "die off" of pathogens as the body devotes its digestive energies (approximately 40% of its total energy expenditure) into healing and repair modes.
    From what I have read, the body will try to heal the last disease that it is dealing with and work backwards the longer the fast progresses to the oldest injuries/traumas etc.

Steroid creams are absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream.
    Steroids will interfere with the immune system, I know, I have steroid-induced rosacea.
    Personally, I would avoid all types of steroids as they only treat the symptoms of disease, not the root cause and disrupt the immune system.
    I also have psoriatic arthritis and some psoriasis so I understand and empathize with you
    Diluted ACV used on the scalp has given many relief and is totally natural.
    Avoid any shampoos with SLS as they will irritate your inflamed scalp.
    Find a totally natural shampoo.

Seeing how the anti-histamines gave you great relief for almost a week points to elevated histamine levels in your system.
    This maybe from external forces (high histamine foods, stress, heat/cold, over exercising etc) or internal (from pathogens that release histamine in the digestive tract and/or damage the gut thereby lowering DAO, our natural hormone which breaks down histamine).
    Many have found relief of their psoriasis and eczema by lowering their histamine levels and healing their gut.

Do not be disappointed in your results.
    This is very helpful information that can assist you on your healing journey.
    Instead, use the information learned from your trial and take it to the nest level

I wish you the best in healing,
    Bluedog

Hi Red,

A few thoughts come to mind as I read your post.

Fasting can cause the "die off" of pathogens as the body devotes its digestive energies (approximately 40% of its total energy expenditure) into healing and repair modes.
    From what I have read, the body will try to heal the last disease that it is dealing with and work backwards the longer the fast progresses to the oldest injuries/traumas etc.

Steroid creams are absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream.
    Steroids will interfere with the immune system, I know, I have steroid-induced rosacea.
    Personally, I would avoid all types of steroids as they only treat the symptoms of disease, not the root cause and disrupt the immune system.
    I also have psoriatic arthritis and some psoriasis so I understand and empathize with you
    Diluted ACV used on the scalp has given many relief and is totally natural.
    Avoid any shampoos with SLS as they will irritate your inflamed scalp.
    Find a totally natural shampoo.

Seeing how the anti-histamines gave you great relief for almost a week points to elevated histamine levels in your system.
    This maybe from external forces (high histamine foods, stress, heat/cold, over exercising etc) or internal (from pathogens that release histamine in the digestive tract and/or damage the gut thereby lowering DAO, our natural hormone which breaks down histamine).
    Many have found relief of their psoriasis and eczema by lowering their histamine levels and healing their gut.

Do not be disappointed in your results.
    This is very helpful information that can assist you on your healing journey.
    Instead, use the information learned from your trial and take it to the nest level

I wish you the best in healing,
    Bluedog
    Thanks for the encouragement!

I use steroid cream on my scalp quite often, without having these reactions, so I doubt it was caused by the steroid cream. Sometimes I just have to use it when my scalp is getting real bad.

I have not fasted since I wrote that post. I had another really bad reaction two weeks ago, that came just after a meal - when my red nose symptoms usually comes (so I think indeed my problems are histamine related in some way) and this time again my eyes went into a horrible state.

Anyway, I've used 10mg a day of Montelukast for the last 5 weeks, and apart from the first week, I have not seen any change in symptoms. That first good week could also be due to the fact that I upped my zyrtec dose to 10mg twice a day.

I've had my GP take blood work to test for helicobacter pylori, and he says if that is positive I have to go to the hospital for a breath test. Apparently one could not see if one is currently infected with hp, only if one has ever been infected at one point - the first being a subset of the latter.

Anyway, journey continues, do not think Montelukast was my saviour
    Last edited by rednessator; 15th April 2018 at 11:42 AM.

Hi

hope you don't mind someone else joining the discussion.

i have recently seen professor chu at Chiswick and along with my usual laser I was prescribed singular. The first few days my face was pale but from them on it just looked blotchy = part pale and part red. I would switch in an instant from pale to bright red but my skin felt cool to the touch. I often felt like i was flushing but my face looked quite cool yet if I bent down it went redder than usual. I also felt my broken veins worsened slightly to the point I decided to stop after one month.

So whilst I didn't get any real side effects from singular I felt it's effects were a little erratic for me and overall didn't help enough to keep going.

I am back for more laser soon and will update professor chu on the singular.

Singulair did not help for me

Montelukast (singular) also did not work for me due to side effects. It does seem to have common side effects as well, and there are some concerns about it amongst parents whose children are prescribed it for asthma.

thanks for the tip on toxaprevent - ive been having terrible flushing problems whenever i eat anything ( especially hot food ) - the derm said just to take lots of anti histamine which hasnt worked at all ...

been using the toxaprevent for 3 days now and it seems to be working ! not even flushing with alcohol now and my terrible bloating seems to have reduced a lot - now im certain my problems are gut related ...

thanks again !