Thread: Pusle Dyed Laser (aka VBeam) helped my Mirvaso-induced skin damage... sort of

Default Pulse Dyed Laser (aka VBeam) helped my Mirvaso-induced skin damage... sort of

I used Mirvaso twice in May 2017. Ever since, my baseline has gone from "porcelain white" to "pinky, ruddy, blotchy, patchy" which even concealer, tined moisturiser and foundation doesn't always cover well.

Anyway, last night, I had one of my regular Mirvaso rebounds. The redness always show up in the exact area I applied the gel, whereas my forehead and chin is perfectly fine.

To rewind a little, I used to have persistent facial flushing. The NHS derm gave me Mirvaso, when she really shouldn't have, since transient erythema cannot benefit from vasoconstriction.

In other words, if you blush/flush but otherwise have a good skin baseline, don't put this rubbish on your face because it will cause your blood vessels to malfunction for possibly a long time.

Here's a video of me cycling through some photos I took last night, withy audio narration and graphical annotation. I also point out that the little laser treatment I had for pre-existing broken blood vessels and lesions actually benefited the surrounding redness.

If I were to have laser on the areas I highlight in the video, this would significantly reduce the redness. With enough treatments, I could get the skin tone of my nose, cheeks and temples looking like the skin tone of my forehead and chin.

Here's the video. If you have a YouTube account, please leave a comment on the video, as I am building a body of evidence.

(Excuse my speech in the video, I have a brace)

Watch on YouTube - https://youtu.be/nsn2BG5vCQ8
    Last edited by darren1; 15th December 2017 at 02:54 PM.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

I had my second vBeam in July 2018. It's been a little over 4 weeks and I still have pinkness and hyperpigmentation from the laser.

I was looking in the mirror wondering if I'd really improved as much as I hoped I had. Then I saw the picture of my flushed Mirvaso face and I realised I have, a lot.

I'm certainly going to need another vBeam at some point, and I can see exactly which parts of my face are going to need full purpura next time.

There's a bit of a cheese grater patchiness effect on my face since the laser doc left too many gaps. Where the gaps were left, redness has remained and actually worsened slightly, leaving bizzare flecks of noticeable redness.

Overall, vBeam appears to be working for me. I think it'll take two or three more months for me to fully see which parts have healed and resolved to normal skin tone and which bits have not.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Hey, fellow UK resident here. Just curious as to where/who you see for your laser treatments?

I saw in your YouTube video you commented you go to a clinic in the Midlands area. I live in this same city so am super curious about your experiences. If you want to PM that would be cool as I am a complete noob when it comes to lasers etc.. Just trying to find out more. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Risingdownj View Post
    Hey, fellow UK resident here. Just curious as to where/who you see for your laser treatments?

I saw in your YouTube video you commented you go to a clinic in the Midlands area. I live in this same city so am super curious about your experiences. If you want to PM that would be cool as I am a complete noob when it comes to lasers etc.. Just trying to find out more. Thanks.
    Hello. I see Anand Patel in Nottingham.