Thread: My Rosacea on a good day

Unhappy My Rosacea on a good day

This is a picture of my cheek on a good day without the flareup. It has calmed down a lot, but is still very pink. It actually feels hot to the touch.
    Attached Images

Hi, I haven't been here for a while but I quit gluten and lowered greatly histamine containing foods (it's almost impossible to eliminate histamines completely) and I rarely have a problem any more.

I highly recommend looking into these two horrid things that almost ruined my life.

Gut and liver health are extremely important and relevant to our condition.

I also eat a lot more fat now...yes, fat!!!! Mostly butter and olive oil but I put it on everything. As popular as Coconut Oil is right now it doesn't really sit good with me but MCT Oil does.

Eat lots of raw salads and lightly steamed vegetables.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BigW View Post
    Hi, I haven't been here for a while but I quit gluten and lowered greatly histamine containing foods (it's almost impossible to eliminate histamines completely) and I rarely have a problem any more.

I highly recommend looking into these two horrid things that almost ruined my life.

Gut and liver health are extremely important and relevant to our condition.

I also eat a lot more fat now...yes, fat!!!! Mostly butter and olive oil but I put it on everything. As popular as Coconut Oil is right now it doesn't really sit good with me but MCT Oil does.

Eat lots of raw salads and lightly steamed vegetables.

Hope this helps.
    It is really interesting you mention histamine and diet. I noticed when I take cetirizine for my hay fever, it clears up my rosacea. It is an antihistmine so I am wondering if somehow histimines are creating my problem. I just need to find out what as I have skin problems all year round and they are not related to pollen. If the anti histimine clears it up then it must in my case be some kind of allergic reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
    It is really interesting you mention histamine and diet. I noticed when I take cetirizine for my hay fever, it clears up my rosacea. It is an antihistmine so I am wondering if somehow histimines are creating my problem. I just need to find out what as I have skin problems all year round and they are not related to pollen. If the anti histimine clears it up then it must in my case be some kind of allergic reaction.
    That's interesting... my derm prescribed levocetirizine for me and I took it for a few nights but stopped because she didn't include it on her updated prescription. Might try that one again.