Thread: Dead Sea Salt Scrub seems to be working for me!

Default Dead Sea Salt Scrub seems to be working for me!

Hi folks,

I have been both a lurker in this forum and last 1-2 years also a poster. I have tried lots of stupid things to get rid of my seborrheic dermatitis which I have both on my head and on my face. Among those stupid things I tried was lemon acid, strong vinegar, topical steroids, strong antifungal shampoos that gave me hives and even holding my head above a heater since I thought that the heat would remove the seborrhea.. I have lived with this condition all my life.

However, I read some posts about different people having success with Dead Sea Salt and they seemed to use different ways to apply it. Someone mixed it with cooking water in a glass and used it in the shower but I felt those five minutes every time you shower could be better spent.

The best way I've found so far to get rid of the seborrhea is by simply using dead sea salt and using it as a scrub on my face for maybe like 30 seconds with smooth small circles around my face. I can see how the 'layer' of (malassezia?) is 'removed' and my skin will look much better just 5 mins after the scrub. I am not sure if it is 'harsh' on the skin by using these salt grains on my face but honestly I'm so fed up of this condition so if it can make my life quality better I will take it every day. Also I think my skin looks better afterwards so I don't think it can be too harsh on the skin. Now, the Dead Sea Salt can be a little drying, but I don't have to use a moisturiser afterwards if I just use it as a scrub.

That solves my facial worries, but I also have this beautiful diagnosis on my head. Of Course I could try and use the scrub on my head as well but I'm not a fan of scrubbing my hair. So right now I am looking for a shampoo/balsam that mainly consists of dead sea salt and will not make my hair look like a hipster reggae dreadlock surfer from Australia with steel wool as my hair. But there seems to be some alternatives around the web on this issue as well and I will report back if I find something I like.

I am not saying this is a cure, because you have to keep using this as a scrub, but it is definitely helping and that's all I can ask for.

Best Regards
    Spilihp

Yeah this helps a little bit for me ut i wish it did more, but it has to be dead sea salt, other sorts of salts don't help me too much. Must be the magnesium content. Its not enough to cause total relief, but i think it helps repair the skin barrier, when i use it i can almost feel that, but it doesn't change the reaction, just eases the damage a little. Will try and scrub as ive just soaked in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Spilihp View Post
    Hi folks,

I have been both a lurker in this forum and last 1-2 years also a poster. I have tried lots of stupid things to get rid of my seborrheic dermatitis which I have both on my head and on my face. Among those stupid things I tried was lemon acid, strong vinegar, topical steroids, strong antifungal shampoos that gave me hives and even holding my head above a heater since I thought that the heat would remove the seborrhea.. I have lived with this condition all my life.

However, I read some posts about different people having success with Dead Sea Salt and they seemed to use different ways to apply it. Someone mixed it with cooking water in a glass and used it in the shower but I felt those five minutes every time you shower could be better spent.

The best way I've found so far to get rid of the seborrhea is by simply using dead sea salt and using it as a scrub on my face for maybe like 30 seconds with smooth small circles around my face. I can see how the 'layer' of (malassezia?) is 'removed' and my skin will look much better just 5 mins after the scrub. I am not sure if it is 'harsh' on the skin by using these salt grains on my face but honestly I'm so fed up of this condition so if it can make my life quality better I will take it every day. Also I think my skin looks better afterwards so I don't think it can be too harsh on the skin. Now, the Dead Sea Salt can be a little drying, but I don't have to use a moisturiser afterwards if I just use it as a scrub.

That solves my facial worries, but I also have this beautiful diagnosis on my head. Of Course I could try and use the scrub on my head as well but I'm not a fan of scrubbing my hair. So right now I am looking for a shampoo/balsam that mainly consists of dead sea salt and will not make my hair look like a hipster reggae dreadlock surfer from Australia with steel wool as my hair. But there seems to be some alternatives around the web on this issue as well and I will report back if I find something I like.

I am not saying this is a cure, because you have to keep using this as a scrub, but it is definitely helping and that's all I can ask for.

Best Regards
    Spilihp
    Hey, do you still use dead sea salt? or did anything else help?