Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Light Therapy experience (LLLT) by BRACEYOURSELF

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Subtype 2 has much worse reddening because the pustules are infections etc.

ZZ Cream can help acne. It is well known that sulfur/sulphur helps acne.

You're running out of options which is why I suggest trying ZZ Cream. It should also help dry up your seemingly oily skin.
    I get that, but once the pustules aren't there it should technically be subtype 1, right?

Sulphur? Well off the top of my head I know that sodium lauryl sulphate is bad for acne. Not the same exact thing I know, but sulphur is more -ve than +ve.

I'd put zz cream right under roaccutane in terms of the order of stuff that I'd consider to use. Not necessarily due to the danger, it's just that I don't think that it will do anything to help. Well, ok, it might be a decent placebo.

Anyway, I definitely see beta blockers and laser being my next steps. I just need to see my derm/doctor and hope that they agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    I get that, but once the pustules aren't there it should technically be subtype 1, right?

Sulphur? Well off the top of my head I know that sodium lauryl sulphate is bad for acne. Not the same exact thing I know, but sulphur is more -ve than +ve.

I'd put zz cream right under roaccutane in terms of the order of stuff that I'd consider to use. Not necessarily due to the danger, it's just that I don't think that it will do anything to help. Well, ok, it might be a decent placebo.

Anyway, I definitely see beta blockers and laser being my next steps. I just need to see my derm/doctor and hope that they agree.
    Don't worry about the subtypes, they're not important. ZZ Cream is worth a try for your condition which is a combination of various ones, in my opinion, as someone who has spent hundreds of hours researching.

And how on earth is it comparable to Roaccutane? As someone who has taken Roaccutane, your scepticism and fears are not justifiable.

Sulfur/sulphur is very much helpful for acne and many skin conditions. You can go to Amazon and search for sulfur soap, a cheap and basic form of sulfur which provides relief to many people. There are thousands of reviews. I think it will help your oily skin. Your skin is not functioning correctly which is why it is over secreting sebum/oiliness.

Sulphur is but one helpful ingredient in ZZ Cream which could provide much relief for you.

Don't bash it until you've tried it. Many people here have moved to ZZ Cream for various conditions, especially those who were originally sceptical and under the impression that Soolantra was better. Many sceptics have been shown wrong.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Don't worry about the subtypes, they're not important. ZZ Cream is worth a try for your condition which is a combination of various ones, in my opinion, as someone who has spent hundreds of hours researching.

And how on earth is it comparable to Roaccutane? As someone who has taken Roaccutane, your scepticism and fears are not justifiable.

Sulfur/sulphur is very much helpful for acne and many skin conditions. You can go to Amazon and search for sulfur soap, a cheap and basic form of sulfur which provides relief to many people. There are thousands of reviews. I think it will help your oily skin. Your skin is not functioning correctly which is why it is over secreting sebum/oiliness.

Sulphur is but one helpful ingredient in ZZ Cream which could provide much relief for you.

Don't bash it until you've tried it. Many people here have moved to ZZ Cream for various conditions, especially those who were originally sceptical and under the impression that Soolantra was better. Many sceptics have been shown wrong.
    Look, I'm not writing off zz cream. I just personally feel like moving on to beta-blockers and laser. Beta-blockers is probably a drug that I should have been on for ages. Experiencing anxiousness and having an erratic/fast-beating heart rate isn't healthy regardless of rosacea. And laser because it's a direct treatment. In other words, even if it leads to disaster at least I get results right away. But I'm counting on it helping. I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Look, I'm not writing off zz cream. I just personally feel like moving on to beta-blockers and laser. Beta-blockers is probably a drug that I should have been on for ages. Experiencing anxiousness and having an erratic/fast-beating heart rate isn't healthy regardless of rosacea. And laser because it's a direct treatment. In other words, even if it leads to disaster at least I get results right away. But I'm counting on it helping. I have to.
    I would try everything else before going to such lengths.

Might as well be trying Roaccutane then too if you're willing to take such drugs.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Laser is the best treatment I've experienced. I just cannot afford it in the quantity I need it in, which is why I bought a 7 colour LED mask from Amazon for about $60.

It seems to be helping to clear up my damaged baseline although I've been using the mask on the lower settings for 20 minutes daily of red, blue and green light.

Each of these colours has a different effect on the skin. I may begin using the other colours soon.

Considering my face was burnt badly by Mirvaso almost a year ago, and has barely improved, I can say with certainty that the last 2 weeks or so of LED has begun making a difference.

The redness is shrinking and fading - I should know because I'm intimately acquainted with my face's skin, as we all are, I expect!
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    Laser is the best treatment I've experienced. I just cannot afford it in the quantity I need it in, which is why I bought a 7 colour LED mask from Amazon for about $60.

It seems to be helping to clear up my damaged baseline although I've been using the mask on the lower settings for 20 minutes daily of red, blue and green light.

Each of these colours has a different effect on the skin. I may begin using the other colours soon.

Considering my face was burnt badly by Mirvaso almost a year ago, and has barely improved, I can say with certainty that the last 2 weeks or so of LED has begun making a difference.

The redness is shrinking and fading - I should know because I'm intimately acquainted with my face's skin, as we all are, I expect!
    I am SO GLAD to read that!

Thats sad to hear, can you get any use out of the red light box now ?I had heard that the therapy is good for a huge amount of issues. Its good for combatting depression, rosacea, its good for wound recovery, its helps people who work out recover from working out etc etc etc but you didn't notice anything positive about it ? you didn't notice your mood being better using it or anything ? That unit you bought is a pretty expensive model as well.

Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    Thats sad to hear, can you get any use out of the red light box now ?I had heard that the therapy is good for a huge amount of issues. Its good for combatting depression, rosacea, its good for wound recovery, its helps people who work out recover from working out etc etc etc but you didn't notice anything positive about it ? you didn't notice your mood being better using it or anything ? That unit you bought is a pretty expensive model as well.
    I stopped using it entirely in March. In hindsight the only thing that it actually did was make me feel more awake in the morning, but shining any bright light into your face for 15 mins would do the exact same.

This is so confusing. Some people claim to have experienced no positive effects at all from red light therapy, while others say that it made everything better. How is this possible?

Law of large numbers.