Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Red Light Therapy experience (LLLT) by BRACEYOURSELF

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    I brought up the probiotic treatment with my dermatologist and she said I could try it out even though it isn't scientifically proven to help with rosacea (her words not mine). Also that it isn't her job to prescribe probiotics because she's just a dermatologist. Honestly one barrier stopping me from trying them is that I don't even know where to start... other than dodgy internet sites. Maybe I'll research what's best on this forum, although for now I'm sticking with my regimen.
    Don't worry about the antibiotics. The dermatologist stressed that I couldn't use the Doxycycline antibiotics for more than the 20 pills (i.e. 20 days) I was prescribed with. I read the information insert (we have to be that paranoid about these things) and it said that any longer and I'd need to take periodic blood tests, so I'm not really overdoing it with a 20 day dosage.
    Your dermatologist is quite right and giving you short term and low dose is up to date treatment so your derm is spot on. As for Probiotics there are now medical papers on this subject, so your derm is behind on the latest information, i.e., Probiotics in acne and rosacea., Antibiotic and Probiotic Therapy Case Review for Scalp Rosacea, and lots of information on this subject. However, there are no prescriptions for probiotics that your dermatologist can hand you so you can understand why your derm responded to your question that way.

Whitney Bowe, MD has written the book on this subject, The Beauty of Dirty Skin, and a second book Dirty Looks. Dr. Bowe volunteers on the RRDi MAC.

The number of topical probiotic treatments has grown substantially, as well as the oral probiotics. Many dermatologists are now recommending you take oral probiotics when prescribing doxycycline or other antibiotics for rosacea. It is now a medically accepted treatment despite what your physician says.

Whatever happened to your red light experience since we are really off topic now?
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 1st February 2020 at 11:43 PM. Reason: added last sentence
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Didn't you have Subtype 2 rosacea iirc? Very, very different to Subtype 1.
    Correct, but I was commenting on Seb Derm.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Your dermatologist is quite right and giving you short term and low dose is up to date treatment so your derm is spot on. As for Probiotics there are now medical papers on this subject, so your derm is behind on the latest information, i.e., Probiotics in acne and rosacea., Antibiotic and Probiotic Therapy Case Review for Scalp Rosacea, and lots of information on this subject. However, there are no prescriptions for probiotics that your dermatologist can hand you so you can understand why your derm responded to your question that way.

Whitney Bowe, MD has written the book on this subject, The Beauty of Dirty Skin, and a second book Dirty Looks. Dr. Bowe volunteers on the RRDi MAC.

The number of topical probiotic treatments has grown substantially, as well as the oral probiotics. Many dermatologists are now recommending you take oral probiotics when prescribing doxycycline or other antibiotics for rosacea. It is now a medically accepted treatment despite what your physician says.

Whatever happened to your red light experience since we are really off topic now?
    I'd better look into probiotics more seriously then.

I commented on this thread on 18th Nov 2018 saying that I'd stopped it entirely in March of that year. Never used it since if that's what you're wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Correct, but I was commenting on Seb Derm.
    You said it "cured my rosacea". Anyways, with Subtype 1 myself, your experience (read: luck) using ZZ Cream for Seb Derm would most certainly differ from what I would encounter.

You said it "cured my rosacea". Anyways, with Subtype 1 myself, your experience (read: luck) using ZZ Cream for Seb Derm would most certainly differ from what I would encounter.
    Because I was responding to Brady who mentioned me? And because it did cure both? Hopefully you actually read his post in its entirety.

Considering ZZ Cream has helped people with Subtype 1 on this very forum, it's bonkers that you haven't tried it, and seem stubbornly unwilling to.

Which to me makes even less sense when I look back on the depths of despair I was in during my worst few years, where I enthusiastically listened to everyone and tried everything until finding my miracle.

As you were.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!