Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Red Light Therapy experience (LLLT) by BRACEYOURSELF

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    310
    Country: UK

    Default

    I've just started reusing my LED mask after months of not using it while I healed from PDL and IPL.

    The mask I use has 7 colours, not just the 1 colour. I've been using red, blue and green for 5 minutes each.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.



    T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

  2. #32
    Senior Member ladycappuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    154

    Default

    I know it's an old thread BUT nonetheless interesting. What caught my attention is the distance that BraceYourself kept from the lamp. According to the instructions obtained from the Redlightman, this distance is too short and therefore might be counterproductive. Such a powerful device should be used at the distance not smaller than 20 cm. That's what Joe Gibson from the company recommends.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    108
    Country: Luxembourg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladycappuccino View Post
    I know it's an old thread BUT nonetheless interesting. What caught my attention is the distance that BraceYourself kept from the lamp. According to the instructions obtained from the Redlightman, this distance is too short and therefore might be counterproductive. Such a powerful device should be used at the distance not smaller than 20 cm. That's what Joe Gibson from the company recommends.
    I didn't initially see any results (positive/negative) so I chose to take a calculated risk and be a bit closer to the source. It was still a comfortable distance for the duration of each session of course. If it had hurt I would've stopped immediately.

    But it didn't turn out to be counterproductive imo because I would've had the same result regardless. The device simply doesn't help those with my type of skin unfortunately...

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    310
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    I didn't initially see any results (positive/negative) so I chose to take a calculated risk and be a bit closer to the source. It was still a comfortable distance for the duration of each session of course. If it had hurt I would've stopped immediately.

    But it didn't turn out to be counterproductive imo because I would've had the same result regardless. The device simply doesn't help those with my type of skin unfortunately...
    I'm using my mask (630nm wavelength) as close as possible, on the highest setting. It doesn't make things any worse but if there is good progress it is so slow. I've not been consistent enough with it but I'm back at it now, after slacking for the last 6 months or so.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.



    T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    149
    Country: United States

    Default

    You donít even look like you have rosacea, honestly, but a fungal condition, made apparent by your skinís oiliness, the patchy redness in your nose creases, and areas of lesions. While rosacea can affect pretty much anywhere on the face, itís the least common on forehead, upper lip, and chin. Your clearest areas are your nose and cheeks. If anything, you might have a combination of Seb Derm and rosacea, which are often concomitant.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    108
    Country: Luxembourg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skatinislife446 View Post
    You donít even look like you have rosacea, honestly, but a fungal condition, made apparent by your skinís oiliness, the patchy redness in your nose creases, and areas of lesions. While rosacea can affect pretty much anywhere on the face, itís the least common on forehead, upper lip, and chin. Your clearest areas are your nose and cheeks. If anything, you might have a combination of Seb Derm and rosacea, which are often concomitant.
    Thanks for commenting first of all. I've brought up the fact it might be a fungal problem but my current dermatologist thought otherwise. Since I don't have any real evidence I just let the idea go. Seb derm has been brought up many times I think. Never had anything specifically done for it, however.

    Umm my nose and cheeks are my least clearest areas. My nose is in an awful state Ė acne, blackheads, tingling pain/pressure, and rosacea (visible capillaries everywhere).

  7. #37
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Thanks for commenting first of all. I've brought up the fact it might be a fungal problem but my current dermatologist thought otherwise. Since I don't have any real evidence I just let the idea go. Seb derm has been brought up many times I think. Never had anything specifically done for it, however.
    Umm my nose and cheeks are my least clearest areas. My nose is in an awful state – acne, blackheads, tingling pain/pressure, and rosacea (visible capillaries everywhere).
    I caught up with you in this thread. Are you still using the light therapy you initially posted in this thread?

    So here you say you have acne and rosacea, and how your dermatologist mentioned seb derm. Seborrheic Dermatitis has been associated with fungus for quite some time now. Furthermore, fungus has not been ruled out in rosacea since Candida albicans (a fungus or yeast) and rosacea have been linked in a few research papers. Earlier in this thread RedRecluse mentioned the ZZ cream and I would like to mention it again since it may bring improvement in your situation. Sulphur has been used for over a hundred years in treating rosacea both orally and topically and this post might be of interest to you. Treating the gut is now an accepted method in treating rosacea. If the doxycycline, Sebamed, & Skinoren regimen you are currently using hasn't cleared up or improved your skin in a month. There are some risks and side effects of long term antibiotic use for rosacea. Short term antibiotic treatment may be needed but when the dermatologist says you should stay on it long term, you should consider whether the benefits of long term use of antibiotics outweigh the long term side effects and risks. Probiotics are now an accepted treatment for rosacea. That is why we are here in RF, rosaceans helping rosaceans.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi



  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    558
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    I caught up with you in this thread. Are you still using the light therapy you initially posted in this thread?

    So here you say you have acne and rosacea, and how your dermatologist mentioned seb derm. Seborrheic Dermatitis has been associated with fungus for quite some time now. Furthermore, fungus has not been ruled out in rosacea since Candida albicans (a fungus or yeast) and rosacea have been linked in a few research papers. Earlier in this thread RedRecluse mentioned the ZZ cream and I would like to mention it again since it may bring improvement in your situation. Sulphur has been used for over a hundred years in treating rosacea both orally and topically and this post might be of interest to you. Treating the gut is now an accepted method in treating rosacea. If the doxycycline, Sebamed, & Skinoren regimen you are currently using hasn't cleared up or improved your skin in a month. There are some risks and side effects of long term antibiotic use for rosacea. Short term antibiotic treatment may be needed but when the dermatologist says you should stay on it long term, you should consider whether the benefits of long term use of antibiotics outweigh the long term side effects and risks. Probiotics are now an accepted treatment for rosacea. That is why we are here in RF, rosaceans helping rosaceans.
    100%, ZZ Cream cured my Rosacea and Seb Derm.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

    Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

  9. #39
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    100%, ZZ Cream cured my Rosacea and Seb Derm.
    Technically rosacea remission is when you have for five years not treated your rosacea. I acknowledge this subject is controversial but there is general consensus with a number of authorities, i.e., the cancer five year no evidence of disease [NED] example. If I have to keep treating my rosacea with the ZZ cream, all I can technically say is I am controlling my rosacea. If I get total clearance, I can say I have partial remission. But if it comes back and I have to use the ZZ cream again or change my diet, I am again controlling it. I also have Seb Derm and the same goes for it.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi



  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    108
    Country: Luxembourg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    I caught up with you in this thread. Are you still using the light therapy you initially posted in this thread?

    So here you say you have acne and rosacea, and how your dermatologist mentioned seb derm. Seborrheic Dermatitis has been associated with fungus for quite some time now. Furthermore, fungus has not been ruled out in rosacea since Candida albicans (a fungus or yeast) and rosacea have been linked in a few research papers. Earlier in this thread RedRecluse mentioned the ZZ cream and I would like to mention it again since it may bring improvement in your situation. Sulphur has been used for over a hundred years in treating rosacea both orally and topically and this post might be of interest to you. Treating the gut is now an accepted method in treating rosacea. If the doxycycline, Sebamed, & Skinoren regimen you are currently using hasn't cleared up or improved your skin in a month. There are some risks and side effects of long term antibiotic use for rosacea. Short term antibiotic treatment may be needed but when the dermatologist says you should stay on it long term, you should consider whether the benefits of long term use of antibiotics outweigh the long term side effects and risks. Probiotics are now an accepted treatment for rosacea. That is why we are here in RF, rosaceans helping rosaceans.
    I brought up the probiotic treatment with my dermatologist and she said I could try it out even though it isn't scientifically proven to help with rosacea (her words not mine). Also that it isn't her job to prescribe probiotics because she's just a dermatologist. Honestly one barrier stopping me from trying them is that I don't even know where to start... other than dodgy internet sites. Maybe I'll research what's best on this forum, although for now I'm sticking with my regimen.

    Don't worry about the antibiotics. The dermatologist stressed that I couldn't use the Doxycycline antibiotics for more than the 20 pills (i.e. 20 days) I was prescribed with. I read the information insert (we have to be that paranoid about these things) and it said that any longer and I'd need to take periodic blood tests, so I'm not really overdoing it with a 20 day dosage.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    100%, ZZ Cream cured my Rosacea and Seb Derm.
    Didn't you have Subtype 2 rosacea iirc? Very, very different to Subtype 1.

Similar Threads

  1. Red Light Therapy giving me red face
    By bubbrubb in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th March 2016, 04:51 PM
  2. Low Level Red Light Therapy (Acnelamp Red) Update
    By IowaDavid in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10th March 2014, 03:40 AM
  3. Low level light therapy vs red light therapy for edema/swelling
    By philmitchel in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26th December 2012, 05:34 PM
  4. **POLL** Low Level Light Therapy / Red Light Therapy
    By Twickle Purple in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 22nd December 2010, 10:13 AM
  5. SO, ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT RED LIGHT THERAPY (LLLT)?
    By IowaDavid in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21st January 2006, 03:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •