Thread: What to do after Soolantra?

Default What to do after Soolantra?

I used Soolantra for 3 1/2 months and it worked great. Last weeks the effect started to go away so I stopped. The recommended time to use is 4 months.

How long should I wait before I can start using it again? Skin is starting to get papules/pustules again but not as much. What should I do now?

Hi there, and welcome!

It seems like a lot of people who have had success with Soolantra have tapered down to a maintenance dose of a few times per week and have not stopped completely.

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure for how long this would need to continue or if there have been any studies regarding long term use. I haven't used Soolantra myself yet, so maybe others with first hand experience and perhaps a bit more knowledge can weigh in.

Hope this helps a little!

Thanks! My face condition stayed great for one month. I just washed it with soap every day and once a week with tea tree oil. After a month it got worse within a week. First came scali g, then redness and last p+p. I started Soolantra again once a day. After three months I will try Soolantra once a week and tea tree oil couple of times a week. Lets see what happens!

how do you wash with tea tree oil? do you use a ready made face wash or you own mixture?

I'm 14weeks on soolantra and wanting to stop. So looking for a maintenance regime /replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    how do you wash with tea tree oil? do you use a ready made face wash or you own mixture?

I'm 14weeks on soolantra and wanting to stop. So looking for a maintenance regime /replacement.
    I combine 2 drops of tea tree oil with a handfull of coconut oil. Not sure if this is enough.

Now im also trying to find the best wash routine. I have been using very mild kids basic soap that might be good but im not sure for the long term.

I believe that its important to get rid of excess sebum because mites eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by george111 View Post
    I

I believe that its important to get rid of excess sebum because mites eat that.
    Yes now that ive stopped soolantra I've noticed the pores on my nose overflowing again Tiny droplets sit ontop of each pore, not sure if its sebum or sweat but when i wipe with a cotton pad its yellowish.

I'll try and use tea tree in a mild face wash & see what happens.

Ive been using Soolantra every day for probably 18 months. My skin looks great. Why stop using it? Helps keep my face moisturized too

Dr. Wont prescribe anymore...told me from the start that I could only have it for 4 months...apparently quote ' it's not safe to use for longer'.....I'm gonna try zz for maintance

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Dr. Wont prescribe anymore...told me from the start that I could only have it for 4 months...apparently quote ' it's not safe to use for longer'.....I'm gonna try zz for maintance
    Interesting. My derm told me its fine to use as long as I want.