Thread: Topical treatment for rosacea

Default Topical treatment for rosacea

Hi, in this post i will share with you some of the most potent things known to mankind regarding skin, and overall health - but especially skin.

There are different kind of oils, lotions, cremes, and treatments for rosacea. While many of them do work, they do not take care of the main issue - healing and repairing the layers deep under the epidermis, and making your capillaries veins and epidermis stronger. Before i start, i jsut want to let you know that if,

1. Your blood sugar is spiking

2. Your blood pressure is spiking

3. Your diet is bad

4. Your allergies are not under control

You wont get the complete result, but you will get big big difference.

Little history about CO2 extracts...

There are different kind of oil extraction in the industry, all have different end products.

For example, hydrosol is a water "drained" from the plants during the extractions of the essential oils, the hydrosol contain 0.1% oil.

Next is regular oils, then cold press, then essential oil (much more concetrated) and then we got CO2 extract, and total CO2 extract. The Co2 extracts, differ in that they contain the bigger molecules - parts of the plants, and they contain both the oils, essential oils, and the full spectrum constituents of the plants - imagine that you put the plant on your face directly, but in liquid form - for example blue chamomile essential oil does not contain chamazulene, and extremely potent anti inflammatory substance present only in CO2 extracts, another example is curcumin, also extremely potent anti - inflammatory the red pigment in turmeric - it is only present in the CO2 total extract of the turmeric, same goes for the black seed CO2 which contain Thymoquinone all 3 of this are insanely potent anti - everything agents. CO2 extracts are also the only truly cold press extracted oils, since the maximum temperature used is 40c, with average being only 25c! they are also the cleanest and safest method, basically all you got is the plant material and nothing else, no dangerous solvents, no "fake cold pressing"

So what do you need and in what dosage?

DISCALMER, CO2 extracts ARE E X T R E M L E Y P O T E N T!

MORE IS NOT BETTER! PLEASE NEVER FORGET THIS!

What you will need?

Carrier oil and my top 5 extracts.

Carrier oil - Yes, i know its not - unrefined, but this is good thing - unrefined is much thicker, and cannot penetrate deep into the layers, its also slight clogging this one is not.

The extracts....

1. Blue Chammomile - 1/4 OZ!

2. Black Cumin - 30 ML!

3. Turmeric - 1/2 OZ!

4. Frankinsence - 15ML!

5. Calendula - 5ML

Dosage, and dilution. In 50 ml avocado carrier oil, in some glass or cup you will put

1. Turmeric, 6 drops

2. Black Seed - 8 drops

3. Frankinsence - 6 drops

4. Callendula (its like gel you put size as top of small matchstick! or as one small rice grain, pressure it at the side of the glass to slide it into the avocado oil, same with the chammomile.

5. Blue chammomile - ( same, its like gel you put size as top of one and 1/2 of 2 small matchstick! or as one and a half small rice grain)

Put the 50ml avocado oil into a glass jar make sure the lid ls really clean, find the jar before you start all of this! close is tightly and shake as hard as you can for 15 seconds, then take a rest, and shake for another 15 seconds. The solution should be kept at room temp, but away from light! there should be no particles - pieces left overs red/blue when you are done with the shaking of the jar, just small bubbles.

You will start with putting 3! not more then 3 drops of this solution into your usual creme/lotion or w.e you used, first you will put the solution on your leg down, and will wait 24h, this is just to make sure there is no reaction, so tomorrow you will use the solution after shower/shave or w/e on moist but not totally dry face, dub a bit before you put it, 3 drops mixed with your creme lotion is all you need. After few days you can then put it directly.

After 2 week max you should see big big improvements, that's all, feel free to ask anything.[/I][/B][/B]
    Last edited by dazed1; 18th November 2017 at 07:32 AM.

I have edited the first post, trying to make it more simple, please if anyone has difficulties with it, drop me a pm or just ask, when i'm free i will try to answer.

Thanks for the tip!
    Could you explain the science behind this, the why it works, and when you write that this will not aggravate those with demodex?

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    Could you explain the science behind this, the why it works, and when you write that this will not aggravate those with demodex?
    Sure, have you heard about indomethacin? the calendula extract is as powerful regarding anti - inflamatory action, and much much more healing and regenerating.

CALENDULA

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7809203

By means of a bioassay-oriented fractionation of the CO2 extract of Calendula flowers, the triterpenoids are shown as the most important anti-inflammatory principles of the drug. Among them, the faradiol monoester appears to be the most relevant principle for the activity of the drug, due to its quantitative prevalence. The unesterified faradiol, not present in the extract, is the most active of the tested compounds and equals indomethacin in activity, whereas the monools psi-taraxasterol, lupeol, taraxasterol, and beta-amyrin are less active than the free diol. The anti-inflammatory activity of different CO2 extracts is proportional to their content of faradiol monoester, which can be taken as a suitable parameter for the quality control of Calendula preparations.[
    The CO2 Extract from Eden botanicals have 30% of this ester, so it is extremely potent.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19374166
    Calendula officinalis flower extract possessed significant anti-inflammatory activity against carrageenan and dextran-induced acute paw edema. Oral administration of 250 and 500 mg/kg body weight Calendula extract produced significant inhibition ( ) in paw edema of animals induced by carrageenan and 41.9 and 42.4% respectively with inflammation produced by dextran. In chronic anti-inflammatory model using formalin, administration of 250 and 500 mg/kg body weight Calendula extract produced an inhibition of 32.9 and 62.3% respectively compared to controls. TNF-alpha production by macrophage culture treated with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) was found to be significantly inhibited by Calendula extract. Moreover, increased levels of proinflammatory cytokines IL- 1beta, IL-6, TNF-alpha and IFN-gamma and acute phase protein, C- reactive protein (CRP) in mice produced by LPS injection were inhibited significantly by the extract. LPS induced cyclooxygenase-2 (Cox-2) levels in mice spleen were also found to be inhibited by extract treatment. The results showed that potent anti-inflammatory response of C. officinalis extract may be mediated by the inhibition of proinflammatory cytokines and Cox-2 and subsequent prostaglandin synthesis.

The same can be said for the Frankincense, and everything else i suggested...

FRANKINSENCE

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28245338

Western blot and histological analysis revealed that dietary BS extract could markedly reduce the inflammation associated protein levels expression. Furthermore, BS extract reduced cell proliferation via inhibiting phosphorylation level of protein kinase B (Akt), glycogen synthase kinase 3β (GSK3β), and downregulation of cyclin D1. In addition, BS extract also altered the composition of gut microbiota by enhancing the proportion of Clostridiales and reducing the percentage of Bacteroidales.

BLACK SEED OIL

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23855426

In addition, 92.1% of total patients in the active group demonstrated improvement in their symptoms or were symptoms free, while the corresponding value was 30.1% in the control group (P=0.000). At the end of 6 weeks of treatment with topical use, the improvement in tolerability of allergen exposure in active group became 55.2% which was significant (P=0.006) as compared with control group which was accounted for 20% at the same time.

isolated thymohydroquinone from the volatile oil of N. sativa, which was found to have high activity against gram-positive microorganisms, including Staphylococcus aureus. Diethyl-ether extract of N. sativa was reported to possess concentration dependent inhibitory effect on gram-positive bacteria (represented by S. aureus) and gram-negative bacteria (represented by Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli)

It also showed synergistic effect with streptomycin and gentamycin and additive effect with spectinomycin, erythromycin, tobramycin, doxycycline, chloramphenicol, nalidixic acid, ampicillin, lincomycin and co-trimoxazole and successfully eradicated a non-fatal subcutaneous staphylococcal infection induced experimentally in mice when injected at the site of infection (Hanafi and Hatem, 1991). N. sativa extract showed almost similar results to topical mupirocin in the treatment of neonates with staphylococcal pustular skin infections with no side effects

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4387228/

A research was done to evaluate the effect of TQ against vaginal candidiasis in prednisolone induced immune suppressed mice. The mice were immunosuppressed via the subcutaneous injection of methyl prednisolone (150 mg/kg) on days 1 and 3 before the induction of infection. Then for inducing the infection via the vaginal route, a swab saturated with cell suspension of Can. albicans was used. To estimate the effect of TQ, 5 days later cream containing TQ administered once daily for 6 days. Treatment with TQ showed lower number of Can. albicans colonies as compared to control group. The reduction of yeast colonies was proportional to increase the TQ concentration. At the concentration of 10% TQ, the cream was able to successfully kill most of Can. albicans cells as well as all of the mold cells. Complete eradication of Rhizopus sp also was seen, at concentration of 2%, 4%, 6% and 8% TQ. The average numbers of colonies were 55, 21, 21 and 8 CFU/mouse. Histological analysis also confirmed the antifungal activity of TQ. The mechanism is attribute to that TQ lead to inactivate the plasma membrane protein of microorganism and loss of the function occurs followed by yeast cells death, whereas TQ had no effect on the vaginal cells (15).

TURMERIC

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...a_Preparations

Curcuma longa L. or turmeric of the family Zingiberaceae is widely used in Thai traditional medicines for the treatment of rash, itching, tinea, and ringworm. Previous studies on turmeric oil reported effective antifungal activity against dermatophytes, a group of fungi that causes skin diseases. In this study, turmeric creams containing 6 and 10% w/w turmeric oil were prepared and tested against clinical strains of dermatophytes using broth dilution technique. Minimum fungicidal concentrations of 6 and 10% w/w turmeric creams were found to be 312 μg/mL. Ar-turmerone, a major compound separated from turmeric oil, promoted more effective antidermatophytic activity with the MICs of 1.56–6.25 μg/mL, compared to 3.90–7.81 μg/mL of standard ketoconazole. The results indicated that 6% w/w turmeric oil in the cream was suitable to be formulated as antidermatophytic preparation. Further research should be done on long-term chemical and antifungal stabilities of the preparation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4518115/

All subjects completed the 9 weeks active treatment, and during that period progressive reduction of thickness, followed by decrease erythema, pruritus, resulting in moderate to acceptable improvement and in some cases significant resolution of psoriatic lesions. The mean duration of disease prior to participation in the clinical trial was 11.5 years. This is the duration where patients were clinically diagnosed as suffering with psoriasis by the consultant dermatologists.

This randomized, prospective intra-individual, right–left comparative, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial was aimed to investigate the topical turmeric microemulgel on plaque-type psoriasis with the view of disease management and quality of life parameters. This study was designed bearing in mind the demographic influential factors, causes and ultimately comorbidities.

The turmeric microemulgel was noticeably more effective than the placebo in decreasing the scaling lesions. From the beginning to the end of study, the scaling of the lesions were reduced from 1.5 to 0.1 on the right arm (P<0.05) against the left arm where it reduced from 1.5 to 0.7 up to week three and then remained roughly the same all the way until the end of the study.

The results you see here, are from single agents use, when you combine all 5, they are like numerous time stronger, due to significant synergistic inhibitory effects, trust me on this one. There is 0 chance this will negatively effect the demodex
    Last edited by dazed1; 21st November 2017 at 03:32 PM.

So, I've ordered these oils. I'm not convinced, though, why these oil should work on rosacea, as I see no proof of this in the provided research above.

I'm curious as to what other people beside dazed1 think about this treatment. I'm willing to try this, just waiting for it to arrive, but it is hard to interpret the lack of discussion regarding this treatment.

I'm all for the chemicals of nature/natural remedies - have done all my life. But I was very hesitant when it came to my case. I think its because 1) i wasnt sure what my problem was nor did any of the 5 doctors i saw and 2) i read so much about how oils feed both demodex and yeasts. So I stopped using coconut oil as a moisturiser I never started using the rose hip or frankincense oil i bought & planned to use to help my ageing facial skin. Shame as I basically didnt use anything on my face or body for 9 months. Had i have known i had a demodex issue which could be reduced by natural oils i could of perhaps avoided having to use soolantra for the last 3 months. I have every faith in TTO but I was just too paranoid to use a carrier.
    I'm really pleased with the soolantra results. But the treatment period is coming to an end so I'm nervous that my issues will come back & looking for something to maintain the reduced population. It doesnt sit well with me the thought of using a neurotoxin on my skin and the fact that my doctor wont allow me to use it for more than 4 months suggests that the medical professionals dont think its a healthy idea either.
    I'm up for giving this regime ago as long as I know for sure that the carrier oils wont feed the mites or create a yeast issue. Can you let me know how you get on?

So, I've ordered these oils. I'm not convinced, though, why these oil should work on rosacea, as I see no proof of this in the provided research above.

I'm curious as to what other people beside dazed1 think about this treatment. I'm willing to try this, just waiting for it to arrive, but it is hard to interpret the lack of discussion regarding this treatment.

Because they are the most potent anti-inflammatory agents regarding skin issues, they are well known in the botanical and herbal circles. Anything that is red = inflammatory response, they are also potent anti viral and anti bacterial agents...you got alot of proof in the quotes, do not focus only on rosacea, but focus on what does rosacea do to your body/skin.

Antibiotics,

Essential oils,

As you can see the antibiotics cant touch some of the strains, the EO's kill most of the bacteria without big issues and in minimal concentration, like ~ 20 microliters per ml, or 2% solution.
    Last edited by dazed1; 28th December 2017 at 02:31 AM.

I have no idea what metric/statistics MIC is, if it can be abused or if it is at all relevant in this context. Nor does it tell me if putting all these CO2 oils on my skin is safe.
    If this should help all inflammation and all the people suffering in here, why are not this whole forum going insane over this information?
    I emphasize: I'm not bashing your recipie, dazed1, I just would like a serious discussion where we could get more clarity and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Can you let me know how you get on?
    Of course

I have no idea what metric/statistics MIC is, if it can be abused or if it is at all relevant in this context. Nor does it tell me if putting all these CO2 oils on my skin is safe.
    If this should help all inflammation and all the people suffering in here, why are not this whole forum going insane over this information?
    I emphasize: I'm not bashing your recipie, dazed1, I just would like a serious discussion where we could get more clarity and opinions.

1. It is safe because first you will do a patch test, and because you ingest most of the oils in the nature anyway, calendula, and chamomile are widley used, same as turmeric, and not so much black seed and frankinsence. They are much safer then any meds/antibiotics, and i got big experience and suggest extremely small concentrations of 0.5% mixture with carrier oil.

2. MIC is short from minimum inhibitory concentration, so MIC50 is 50% inhibition/blockage of the tested strain in the picture, MIC90 is 90% blockage/inhibition of the same strain, as you can see at the antibiotics there is N/A meaning they cannot inhibit the bacteria no matter what concentration is used compared to only 1/2 % for the EO's On most of the pics the concentration which oils are used to inhibit the bacteria, are extremely small 10/20 micro liters per ml concentration, or for 100 ml, you would use 2% or in drops = 20/40 drops per 100 ml. Keep in mind the oils in the pics, are much harsher and hot compared to the one you will use, but even then we will use only ~ 10 drops on average per 100ml.

3. Because people don't know alot about EO's and they got no experience with it, its how the system works, they make you believe nothing alternative ever works, and tbh not much people are into this stuff, that is the reason.

I have used the oils on at least 12 people by now, no one had reaction by now, and i even use much lower concetration then even safest recipes, for more info check out this site.....
    Last edited by dazed1; 28th December 2017 at 02:42 PM.