Thread: Soolantra four weeks in

Default Soolantra four weeks in

Hey everyone.. just wanting some advice on soolantra. I started applying four weeks ago. My other routine includes cleansing twice per day with cerave gentle cleanser, moisturizing with replenix power of three cream during the day and elta md pm therapy at night. I also spot treat with 1% clindamycin lotion for any acne spots or p&ps. At first the soolantra seemed to improve things a little but almost at week 5 my skin is MUCH worse. I have cysts popping up all over my chin which I havenít gotten in almost a year, blackheads everywhere and my skin is more red. Iím wondering if I should stop the soolantra and see if things improve. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by theskinimin68 View Post
    Hey everyone.. just wanting some advice on soolantra. I started applying four weeks ago. My other routine includes cleansing twice per day with cerave gentle cleanser, moisturizing with replenix power of three cream during the day and elta md pm therapy at night. I also spot treat with 1% clindamycin lotion for any acne spots or p&ps. At first the soolantra seemed to improve things a little but almost at week 5 my skin is MUCH worse. I have cysts popping up all over my chin which I havenít gotten in almost a year, blackheads everywhere and my skin is more red. Iím wondering if I should stop the soolantra and see if things improve. Any advice?
    Hi! I wouldn't stop if I were you! This is probably a good sign that demodex are dying off and that this is your issue? Have you read the Soolantra thread on this forum?? Tons of experience there and you will see that your symptoms are on par for the course.

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...2913-Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    Hi! I wouldn't stop if I were you! This is probably a good sign that demodex are dying off and that this is your issue? Have you read the Soolantra thread on this forum?? Tons of experience there and you will see that your symptoms are on par for the course.

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...2913-Soolantra
    Hmm ok thanks.. itís jyst weird because most people had a die off phase within a few weeks not over a month in..

I might be worth checking the ingredients of the other things you're using. Perhaps ease off something? There are few things that soolantra is not compatible with....Can cause dermatitis type reactions- sores & spots etc info is on their website and not on the leaflet provided in the box.
    Could just be that you're die off just started later....depends on life cycles/start point of treatment. I think I think I'm right in saying it doesn't kill eggs & one of the larval stages??? Plus for some ppl the mites are deep down in pores so soolantra won't be as effective straightaway hence longer to start killing them.
    I'd keep going if I were you you e done 1 month so another might be worth doing you have a better idea by the end. I had a similar dilemma- glad I kept going. No more pore scales so figure i must have had an overpopulation & that soolantra is doing something to help. Check the soolantra thread it's really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by theskinimin68 View Post
    Hmm ok thanks.. itís jyst weird because most people had a die off phase within a few weeks not over a month in..
    Die-offs can occur at anytime with in the 3 months depending on the person...and even multiple times! There are a few people on here (Angela and also username Dontgiveup) who had multiple die-offs through the entire 3 months and finally cleared after 12-14 weeks. You can read their experiences on the Soolantra thread.

Hope this helps!
    M.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I might be worth checking the ingredients of the other things you're using. Perhaps ease off something? There are few things that soolantra is not compatible with....Can cause dermatitis type reactions- sores & spots etc info is on their website and not on the leaflet provided in the box.
    Could just be that you're die off just started later....depends on life cycles/start point of treatment. I think I think I'm right in saying it doesn't kill eggs & one of the larval stages??? Plus for some ppl the mites are deep down in pores so soolantra won't be as effective straightaway hence longer to start killing them.
    I'd keep going if I were you you e done 1 month so another might be worth doing you have a better idea by the end. I had a similar dilemma- glad I kept going. No more pore scales so figure i must have had an overpopulation & that soolantra is doing something to help. Check the soolantra thread it's really useful.
    Thank you so much!! That was the encouragement i needed, Iím going to keep going, doesnít hurt i suppose as nothing else has worked so worst case scenario Iím back to square one! I also think maybe i was using too much product, so Iíll scale back on the amount. Will update on a few weeks either way!

Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    Die-offs can occur at anytime with in the 3 months depending on the person...and even multiple times! There are a few people on here (Angela and also username Dontgiveup) who had multiple die-offs through the entire 3 months and finally cleared after 12-14 weeks. You can read their experiences on the Soolantra thread.

Hope this helps!
    M.
    Thank you, i will keep using!