Thread: Mirtazapine + MT2: Any Experience?

Default Mirtazapine + MT2: Any Experience?

Hi everything! I have a question that is probably off the beaten path for many of you. I'm one of those unlucky folks with very pale skin, and rosacea.

I've been on mirtazapine for several years, which has done wonders for flushing, and my depression/anxiety. About 3 years ago, I started playing with Melanotan 2 (skin injectables) with cause your body to produce natural melanin.

Recently, I've noticed that my body doesn't respond to MT2 as it used to... almost like I'm resistant/built up a tolerance to it. The tanning side effect has disappeared, no matter how much I dose! I know there's a lot of shady salesman out there, but I've tested something like 8 different sources.

Does anyone know if mirtazapine could possibly interfere with Melanotan 2? Both have changed my life, and I would love to continue using MT2. I'm fully aware of the risks, but it's been a game changer for me.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Default Mirtazapine & MT2

Just curious if you're experimenting with this combination...I've tried both Mirtazapine (huge help with anxiety) and MT2 (miracle for surviving hot summers in South Carolina) but haven't tried both together...Current on Mirtzapine, but not MT2...

Quote Originally Posted by firedan5415 View Post
    Hi everything! I have a question that is probably off the beaten path for many of you. I'm one of those unlucky folks with very pale skin, and rosacea.

I've been on mirtazapine for several years, which has done wonders for flushing, and my depression/anxiety. About 3 years ago, I started playing with Melanotan 2 (skin injectables) with cause your body to produce natural melanin.

Recently, I've noticed that my body doesn't respond to MT2 as it used to... almost like I'm resistant/built up a tolerance to it. The tanning side effect has disappeared, no matter how much I dose! I know there's a lot of shady salesman out there, but I've tested something like 8 different sources.

Does anyone know if mirtazapine could possibly interfere with Melanotan 2? Both have changed my life, and I would love to continue using MT2. I'm fully aware of the risks, but it's been a game changer for me.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
    I see your OP is a year old, so not sure if you're still seeking answers. I have not taken MT2; in fact, I'd never heard of it until this post, but I had been taking mirtazapine, prescribed for insomnia, but today is the second day I've stopped taking it. I was surprised it helps your flushing; it actually causes P&P for me (I do not experience flushing). My rosacea had been under control until last year when my dr rx'd it, but I didn't put it together. I figured that out on a fluke when I went on holiday last month and forgot it, so I've been intermittently missing doses (2-3 days) to confirm. Sure enough, when I take it, my oil increases and I get a few spots around my chin the next day. I researched it, and it seems to activate androgen receptors for some people. Just wanted to add this for anyone with P&P on mirtazapine. My dose is 15mg btw.

Quote Originally Posted by kimber View Post
    I see your OP is a year old, so not sure if you're still seeking answers. I have not taken MT2; in fact, I'd never heard of it until this post, but I had been taking mirtazapine, prescribed for insomnia, but today is the second day I've stopped taking it. I was surprised it helps your flushing; it actually causes P&P for me (I do not experience flushing). My rosacea had been under control until last year when my dr rx'd it, but I didn't put it together. I figured that out on a fluke when I went on holiday last month and forgot it, so I've been intermittently missing doses (2-3 days) to confirm. Sure enough, when I take it, my oil increases and I get a few spots around my chin the next day. I researched it, and it seems to activate androgen receptors for some people. Just wanted to add this for anyone with P&P on mirtazapine. My dose is 15mg btw.
    pleasehelp123 reports taking Mirtazapine
    nat007 and BlueDog report taking Mirtazapine

also see end note 12 in this post.

Using the search box top right corner gets lots of results. There is a huge database of anecdotal reports in RF.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by kimber View Post
    I have both type 1 and type 2 and had the same experience with mirtazapine. It did not seem to help my flushing but did make me break out more. When I stopped, my face cleared almost overnight. I had a similar experience with Celexa, although it did seem to help flushing some. I just broke out A LOT.?After I stopped, again it cleared. My type 2 is mostly under control and I think that’s primarily from spironolactone— I never had skin issues before rosacea, but there seems to be a hormonal component that affects my rosacea and the spiro helps with the type 2 part of that.