Thread: Daily Struggle

Default Daily Struggle

Hi anyone,
    I am diagnosed with rosacea only over a year and I already feel helpless. Covering my face with heavy makeup everyday, tying to find creams that don’t dry out my skin, dealing with cysts and acne.. I don’t want to take oral antibiotics for my whole life, I don’t want to wear makeup every day. I don’t want to change my whole diet and life because of this.. I used to have beautiful skin, and now, I can barely look at myself. Not to mention how I perceive my spouse feels. I can’t even be in bed without makeup without feeling disgusting. I am feeling really bad right now, I know this will pass.. but I need to know if anyone has skipped the antibiotics and ridiculous diet changes and still was able to control symptoms? Also, does anyone have any suggestions about lotions to use to keep from my nose flaking? Anything will help.. this is my first forum, ever. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMitten View Post
    Hi anyone,
    I am diagnosed with rosacea only over a year and I already feel helpless. Covering my face with heavy makeup everyday, tying to find creams that don’t dry out my skin, dealing with cysts and acne.. I don’t want to take oral antibiotics for my whole life, I don’t want to wear makeup every day. I don’t want to change my whole diet and life because of this.. I used to have beautiful skin, and now, I can barely look at myself. Not to mention how I perceive my spouse feels. I can’t even be in bed without makeup without feeling disgusting. I am feeling really bad right now, I know this will pass.. but I need to know if anyone has skipped the antibiotics and ridiculous diet changes and still was able to control symptoms? Also, does anyone have any suggestions about lotions to use to keep from my nose flaking? Anything will help.. this is my first forum, ever. Thank you all.
    Hi, was diagnosed with rosacea 4 years ago. I tried different creams and antibiotics but nothing seemed to work. Finally, my derm prescribed this topical cream called noritate. It helped in healing my face. He also recommended this moisturizer called Vanicream and Vanicream bar soap. This stuff works really well. I used the topical cream daily for fews weeks, after that i just used the Vanicream moisturizer and soap. Until this day i only use those things. Every once in a while I'll get some red spots and will use the topical cream it clears up. Today, my face is clear and smooth. You can find the Vanicream product at Walgreens. Moisturizer is 17.99 and soap 4.99 but its worth it. I buy on amazon, it cheaper. Look in to it, read ingredients and see if it will work for you. Hope this info helps.

Hi anyone,
    I'm with you, it's a real blow to our self asteem when our skin is playing up and causing havoc. I also have to wear heavy make up to cover the mess that Rosacea has given me - I long to walk my dog make up free again. Antibiotics did nothing for me, neither did diet changes, tried Soolantra and metrogel. So I'm looking for the answer in a lotion and a potion. Good luck and never give up, you will find something to help.

Hi anyone,
    So sorry that you struggle, rosacea has such an unfortunate place on the skin to manifest itself.. Why not on our back, or legs? There are quite a few possible treatment options luckily, although none work the same for everyone.. For your acne and outbreaks, have you already tried a cream with metronidazole perhaps? Finacea cream also helps some people here. Currently a lot of patients use Soolantra (Ivermectin cream does the same thing and is way more affordable). There are also natural supplements that can help some people, curcumin/turmeric for instance, or boswellia, or fish oil, zinc, oregano oil etc.
    Have you ever tried using no make-up for a week or more? It is super daunting but sometimes something in the make-up can also make rosacea or skin outbreaks worse? It might not be the case for you, but sometimes it might be worth testing out?

I hope you find lots of support and tips on this forum

I understand how you feel too. I have ocular rosacea and I cannot wear much makeup and if I do I take it off as soon as I get home. Unfortunately the diet changes and doxy helped the most for me but that doesn't mean it will to you. My hormones play a big role as I flare a few days before my period. Have you looked into Demodex as a cause?