Thread: Going back to basics

Default Going back to basics

My type 1 rosacea has developed into type 2 rosacea. I'm pretty sure because I'm getting itching, stinging papules all over my cheeks and forehead.
    It was recommended to me to cut back to using nothing in my face. No makeup, no cleanser, and minimum moisturizer in the form of vaseline if absoluely necessary. Only rinse my face with luke warm water. This would supposedly allow my face to heal.

Has anyone else tried this during a bad flare? I'm afraid of the idea of not cleaning or moisturizing my face at all. It burns constantly and only feels better after washing and moisturizing.

And I have no insurance and only a very small tube of Soolantra. Probably won't have access to dr or meds until at least January.

Advice is welcomed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OliveWhistle View Post
    My type 1 rosacea has developed into type 2 rosacea. I'm pretty sure because I'm getting itching, stinging papules all over my cheeks and forehead.
    It was recommended to me to cut back to using nothing in my face. No makeup, no cleanser, and minimum moisturizer in the form of vaseline if absoluely necessary. Only rinse my face with luke warm water. This would supposedly allow my face to heal.

Has anyone else tried this during a bad flare? I'm afraid of the idea of not cleaning or moisturizing my face at all. It burns constantly and only feels better after washing and moisturizing.

And I have no insurance and only a very small tube of Soolantra. Probably won't have access to dr or meds until at least January.

Advice is welcomed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Hi OliveWhistle,

You might have a demodex issue going on. My subtype 1 progressed to subtype 2 and it took me a long time to figure out that I had demodex. After a couple of months on Soolantra, my skin does not breakout or itch anymore (although I still have my subtype 1 symptoms). I would advise you to find a gentle cleanser and use an anti-demodectic (Soolantra or ZZ cream) religiously until the issue clears up (3 months is a good period). Some people here only wash there face with water, but for me, I think this worsened my condition. Demodex mites like to feed on sebum and dead skin, so keeping your skin free of this debris, would limit their nourishment.

As for Soolantra, if you go onto their website, you can get a savings card to pay $75 for a big tube of Soolantra, with refills at that price, through the end of the year. It is expensive, I know, but for me it's worth the money to not suffer!

Hope this helps,
    M.