Thread: Diffuse/general redness on nose. Very small Telangiectasia. I'm thinking v-beam.

Default Diffuse/general redness on nose. Very small Telangiectasia. I'm thinking v-beam.

Hi,

So I've been told I have rosacea, but I know that its mainly from being outdoors as a kid, no sunscreen, using chemical products, and hot showers. So I have some blotchty red spots on my nose, right down the bridge that I'd like to get rid of, or at least lighten. Its really not too bad, but it depresses me, and makes me insecure. I'm a male, and I don't like wearing makeup.

I was just wondering. For over 8 years now, I take very good care of my skin. I don't get redness anymore, pimples very rarely. I just have this left over redness. I have very pale, fair skin. Scandinavian descent.

Anyway, I'm scared. I want to go with v-beam laser, and cross my fingers. At the same time, I don't want to make it worse, because its on the bridge of my nose. Its going to be very noticable if it gets worse.

I'm 27 year old male. Any tips? Hope? Do I wait it out longer? I've been wanting to get something done for 7 years now. Its hasn't gotten better, or worse. I just have this blotchy permanant redness.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by trojans10 View Post
    Hi,

So I've been told I have rosacea, but I know that its mainly from being outdoors as a kid, no sunscreen, using chemical products, and hot showers. So I have some blotchty red spots on my nose, right down the bridge that I'd like to get rid of, or at least lighten. Its really not too bad, but it depresses me, and makes me insecure. I'm a male, and I don't like wearing makeup.

I was just wondering. For over 8 years now, I take very good care of my skin. I don't get redness anymore, pimples very rarely. I just have this left over redness. I have very pale, fair skin. Scandinavian descent.

Anyway, I'm scared. I want to go with v-beam laser, and cross my fingers. At the same time, I don't want to make it worse, because its on the bridge of my nose. Its going to be very noticable if it gets worse.

I'm 27 year old male. Any tips? Hope? Do I wait it out longer? I've been wanting to get something done for 7 years now. Its hasn't gotten better, or worse. I just have this blotchy permanant redness.

Thanks!

Just wondering, have you looked into red light therapy at all? I've found it very effective at treating redness.

Quote Originally Posted by JennAdeleK View Post
    Just wondering, have you looked into red light therapy at all? I've found it very effective at treating redness.
    Yes, I actually own a red light from iowa david.

There is just no evidence of it reducing dilated blood vessels. I do think it has healing effects. That said, I'd like something a bit more permanent, to remove the permanent dialted blood vessels i have.

Seems laser is really the only logical fix. Although there are a lot of people who it didn't work for, while others it did.

There is just no evidence of it reducing dilated blood vessels. I do think it has healing effects. That said, I'd like something a bit more permanent, to remove the permanent dialted blood vessels i have.

Seems laser is really the only logical fix. Although there are a lot of people who it didn't work for, while others it did.
    Hi Trojans10,

I too am looking into possible laser to reduce/diminish the broken caps I have on my upper cheeks. I have a consult in November to for an Excel V treatment. I'll keep everyone posted on my decision.

I have a question for you: after you do RLT do your dilated blood vessels become more red and dilated? I have tried an Amber light in the past and after the treatment, the broken caps look more red and dilated. I wonder if I switch to a red light if I will have the same issue.

Thank you,
    M.

Be sure to post how it goes... it's always good to hear back from folks about treatments. Best wishes!!!