Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Going for Cutera Excel V next week.. advice?

Quote Originally Posted by CONTACTMC View Post
    Forgot to add Dr Dondos was very thorough and made sure I knew what I was getting into and the possible outcomes, she used a special headset with polarised light so she could see the vessels clearly.

Afterward she applied betnovate cream and sunscreen and gave me some vitamin k cream to apply at home.

Very nice lady and very professional.
    That is so great to hear! I hope you heal up quickly. If you don't mind sharing, what did she say about the possible outcomes?

Thanks!

Well....she said it may...or may not work, possibly blisters or burns (but very unlikely as she knows what she is doing) and that I would possibly bruise in places.
    She also said they (the veins) may disappear and then return soon and need zapping a second time.
    She made me promise to call her straight away if I get anything other than bruising (like a blister etc) so that she could treat it straight away to avoid a mark on the skin.
    Like I said she was very thorough and made sure I knew what I was getting into before going ahead with the treatment.
    That being said she was very confident of a good outcome and seemed very pleased with how my skin responded ... so hoping for the best!

Wish me luck peeps!

Well....she said it may...or may not work, possibly blisters or burns (but very unlikely as she knows what she is doing) and that I would possibly bruise in places.
    She also said they (the veins) may disappear and then return soon and need zapping a second time.
    She made me promise to call her straight away if I get anything other than bruising (like a blister etc) so that she could treat it straight away to avoid a mark on the skin.
    Like I said she was very thorough and made sure I knew what I was getting into before going ahead with the treatment.
    That being said she was very confident of a good outcome and seemed very pleased with how my skin responded ... so hoping for the best!

Wish me luck peeps!
    Thank you, ContactMC!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Wish me luck peeps!
    Good luck ! Hope you don't get any nasty side effects!

Was wondering why she chose excel v for you rather than vbeam? Have you ever had vbeam before?

She said they had done a trial of the vbeam perfecta for a few years but found the Excel V to be better...i have to agree....i did a test patch of the vbeam beginning of the year and it hurt real bad, and the veins came back a few hours after I got home, the Excel V hardly hurt at all....the contact cooling is far superior to the cryogen spray the perfecta uses imo.

Interesting to hear about progress from the treatment. May I ask what your diagnose is and if you suffer from permanent redness or flushing? Does the Excel V help against both of the symptoms or only permanent redness?

I suffered from diffuse redness / broken blood vessels on my nose / acne and flushing brought on by changes in temperature (going from cold outdoors to warm indoors would trigger my flushing) which would then be followed by cysts forming.

Suffered with normal acne on and off my whole life but the rosacea was a whole new ball game as the veins / redness were permanent.

This all came on about 2 years ago....

First started on Rosex Cream which really helped with the spots but did nothing for the background redness/ veins or flushing so...

Last year I had a course of 3 harmony xl pro ipls which took care of the flushing and most of the background redness...but I was left with broken veins on my nose that the ipl just could not seem to clear...so beginning of this year I tried Veingogh (big mistake) it was very painful, I had mark and scabs for over a month and was left with scars on my nose!

So I have had the Excel V for some small red patches that have started to come back since my last ipl, some red marks left by the Veingogh treatment and broken capillaries (all on my nose).
    Am only 2 days post treatment,
    So far most if the veins seem to have disappeared, I have some bruises and one red patch on the end of my nose, so it looks like it has been pretty effective but i may need one more treatment to kill off the few stubborn bits hanging on....not sure tho yet...it still early days...dr said I needed to wait a month before returning.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by CONTACTMC; 13th October 2017 at 07:16 AM.

Default Quick update:

So far so good, very impressed with how this is turning out so far, veins in treated areas are gone (hope they stay that way!).
    Bruises are pretty much gone as well which is unexpected considering how dark they were.
    So in just under a week I reckon I can get away with nobody noticing I had any treatment.

Will keep updating if anything changes, but so far excel v is go imo.

So far so good, very impressed with how this is turning out so far, veins in treated areas are gone (hope they stay that way!).
    Bruises are pretty much gone as well which is unexpected considering how dark they were.
    So in just under a week I reckon I can get away with nobody noticing I had any treatment.

Will keep updating if anything changes, but so far excel v is go imo.
    That is so awesome!! I'm happy to hear that it went so well! Did you have a lot of swelling post treatment?

I have a consultation with a doctor for an Excel V, as well as another doctor for a QuadroStar Yellow Pro laser in the next couple of weeks...trying to figure out which laser I'd like to try between the two.

Thanks for filing us in!
    M.

I had no swelling at all....but it was only my nose and just next to my nose that were treated, the Dr said swelling mainly occurs when treated on cheeks and under the eyes.
    The quadrostar laser looks good as well, I actually looked into that one myself but I could not find anyone who has one in London uk where I live.
    Well I did find one place but they never responded to my enquires... also I wanted a Dr to actually carry out the treatment..not a nurse or laser tech.