Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Going for Cutera Excel V next week.. advice?

What is the cost of an Excel treatment? I'm looking to get an idea of what I'll be paying for a full face session.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Default Hi all!

Since I started this thread I thought I would give you guys an update on how I am doing.
    Well... I am still happy with the excel v treatments I had, but as happens with most of us who suffer with this horrible rosacea, over time I have developed more telangiectasia on my nose and face, so am looking to get them zapped again soon.
    I think I will do what I did before, get my nose and cheeks zapped with Ipl (probably the harmony xl pro again), then get any resistant buggers zapped with the excel v, but I may just ask for the nd.yag from the off this time, as in my experience I get less bruising and better results with the yag than with the ktp on red veins.
    One thing I did notice recently, is some hypo-pigmentation (really white areas with total pigment loss) where the ktp laser was used, it does not bother me as the marks are tiny and I am very fair skinned so it blends in, and you have to really zoom in to see them, but they are there, and it is something to keep in mind if you are more medium skin tone.
    Hope this helps folks, and I hope you are all winning your battles with Rosacea, all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CONTACTMC View Post
    I may just ask for the nd.yag from the off this time, as in my experience I get less bruising and better results with the yag than with the ktp on red veins..
    Nd:Yag - what is the wavelength? isn't that 1064nm? Surely, too strong for the face? Is it safe?
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Default Nd yag 1064 is fine

For deeper stubborn veins on my nose it has worked well for me, used in the correct way the veins just vanish straight away, again it all boils down to the skill of the person using the laser. I have had yag 3 times, twice the veins just disappeared instantly and I was just red for a few hours, the 3rd time I had it done a different lady did it and I had bruises for 2 weeks like with pdl and ktp. You can also use yag laser in genesis mode, which is better for background redness and flushing, it uses the 1064 in a low power mode and they "paint" all over your face with it, over the course of a good few treatments overall redness is reduced, it is also used for general skin rejuvenation. I have not tried laser genesis tho, ipl seems to work for my background redness, so if it ain't broke and all that.