Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Going for Cutera Excel V next week.. advice?

Hello, I'm new here

I just want to say that I'm very grateful to everyone who has posted on this thread so far.

It's been heartening to read the positive results of the Excel V laser. Would I be right in saying that it's only available in a couple of places in the UK?
    Last edited by caisc; 27th December 2018 at 02:42 PM.

Will Excel V help with persistent redness? My face is constantly flushing red so I need something that well lower the dilation of the blood vessels inside my face to reduce redness. I just want my face to match the tone of the rest of my body.

A product like Mirvaso/Onreltea worked perfect for me while it's on my face but it results in a huge flush attack afterwards so it's not an option. I'm basically just looking for something that offers a more permanent effect without the rebound 24 hours after.

Hi All,

So, it's been about 4.5 weeks since my last treatment and I'm bummed. None of the vessels on my left cheek are gone, and it appears that I have new vessels (bright red!) around the old ones (which are lighter red). I'm wondering if the excel V created less blood flow to my old vessels, so my face decided to form new ones around the areas hit by the laser. On my right cheek, the tiny vessels are gone...but I didn't have many issues here to begin with. I have a follow-up appointment in a couple of weeks with my doctor to voice my concerns so I will continue to keep this thread updated. I wish I had better news...

M.

Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    Hi All,

So, it's been about 4.5 weeks since my last treatment and I'm bummed. None of the vessels on my left cheek are gone, and it appears that I have new vessels (bright red!) around the old ones (which are lighter red). I'm wondering if the excel V created less blood flow to my old vessels, so my face decided to form new ones around the areas hit by the laser. On my right cheek, the tiny vessels are gone...but I didn't have many issues here to begin with. I have a follow-up appointment in a couple of weeks with my doctor to voice my concerns so I will continue to keep this thread updated. I wish I had better news...

M.
    I wonder if it's possible to have an anti-angiogenesis agent (oracea?) temporarily while someone is having the laser tx's to try to prevent this from happening. I had a similar experience w/ my last laser treatment (more blood vessel growth around a few spots that were really hit by laser) and a later test patch too, and thought if I were ever to go near a laser again I'd ask this.

Regardless, hope the doc is helpful at your next appt.

oh no
    I guess your doctor can come up with a convincing theory on why it happened.
    I guess the settings used were not strong enough.
    Take care and please keep us updated!
    Lena

Default Excel V

Hi ContactMC,

I am also interested in Excel V. Please keep us posted on your results.

M.
    I had a treatment with the Excel V by Cutera 6 weeks ago. I am very impressed with the results. I had many V-beam treatments in the past which I was happy with, but effectiveness has seemed to plateau. Excel V has really made a difference in my redness and flushing. I would say 30% improvement from this one treatment I had recently. I definitely recommend Excel V for people with severe flushing!

Hi All,

M.
    MissM - Thanks for sharing your update. So, on a positive note, your right cheek is totally clear? That is wonderful. Please let us know what your derm says about new vessels on the left cheek. My left cheek is also worse than my right, and fwiw, according to Chinese medicine, the left cheek is associated with liver health.

Regardless, Itís interesting how some people get no or worse results with laser...Iím interested in the science behind this. I had one derm tell me it was impossible for new vessels to grow, but of course I was not surprised at this answer from her. I plan to ask my other derm about this as well...she seems a bit more candid and straightforward.

From my reading of a ton of posts here, it seems as if derms are just set on using settings prescribed by the manufacturer rather than being focused on adjusting the settings to the depth of the vessels? In the dermsí defense, however, I guess it must be hard to tell the depth of the vessels with the naked eye. Clearly just speculation on my part, though there are too many people here with too little results. Frustrating.

Hang in there!!

Hey Guys,

I'm considering getting the V Excell for small red patched on my nose. I was curious I did notice some one saying that they had that kind of red lined effect over their cheeks that you can sometimes get from lasers.

Has anyone else experienced this from the V Excel? Has anyone had it on their cheeks and been left with an even result? I am based in the uk and have an appointment booked with Dr Dondas at medicetics.

I am only going to get the small spots on my nose done to start with. Would like to get my cheeks done but still feeling too wary about burns and all thew other risks... Any feedback would be great!!

Hi, I've heard a lot of good things about the Cutera excel v and I'm wondering how it went for you. Best.

MissM: how's our face now? Did you have a check-up with your doctor in June? How are you evaluating the excel v-treatment at the moment?

And what about you, CONTACTMC? Still pleased with Cutera?