Thread: Will this ever get better...

Default Will this ever get better...

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've had rosacea (quite severely) for about 6yrs now. Okay so I don't really know where to begin because as you all know there's quite a lot to the condition. I've had some lazer treatment in the past which helped but it's just so expensive! I'm at a point now where I find it difficult to leave the house, just feel like everyone is looking/judging me. I'd definitely say the psychological side of rosacea is much harder to deal with than the actual condition itself. I've just come here because I feel so alone, I don't tell anyone how I feel as I just don't want to bother people or for them to think I'm overreacting. I just feel like I'm being punished and my life is on hold. I know there's worse things in the world I just can't cope anymore. It's impacting on my family life and what I'd hope for the future. I know there's no quick fix for this and I'm stuck with it,so where does that leave me? I have no confidence to even speak to the people I know, I feel like a freak on the outside and inside. I could go on forever but I won't bore you. Thank you for reading 😊

I can totally relate to what you're feeling. I don't know how old you are but I am 40 and have been dealing with this for 10 years now. The past 4 months my usual treatments that would clear a flare of p&p's and give me a little break in between have not been working. I dread waking up every morning knowing that a new bump or 2 will be greeting me in the mirror. I feel ashamed and embarressed to be out in public which is so hard when you are raising a family and have no choice but to face the world. All the other moms have such nice skin. Maybe a pimple here or there but nothing like I have. It's just so draining to know that everyday something new is going to show up. I never get a break and I never feel good about myself. My current flare is really getting me down because nothing is working and I really have no hope that my skin will ever be ok again. It's a hard thing to come to grips with and in all honesty I wonder some days if I will be able to live with it.

Hi, Zoella

I can relate 100% to you and your path of turmoil with Rosacea. What treatments are you currently doing?
    Mine started after having my daughter 3 years ago and has been progressing with a vengeance. Prior to that I had facial redness but no P&P. It just appeared one day as small bumps underneath the skin then exploded from there. Let me see if I can upload a pic of me earlier in the summer. This in "in between" flare ups but about as white as my face ever gets without any medication.

Side bar: how do I change the orientation of my photos? They look fine until I attach them

IMG_6705.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip999 View Post
    Hi, Zoella

I can relate 100% to you and your path of turmoil with Rosacea. What treatments are you currently doing?
    Mine started after having my daughter 3 years ago and has been progressing with a vengeance. Prior to that I had facial redness but no P&P. It just appeared one day as small bumps underneath the skin then exploded from there. Let me see if I can upload a pic of me earlier in the summer. This in "in between" flare ups but about as white as my face ever gets without any medication.

Side bar: how do I change the orientation of my photos? They look fine until I attach them

IMG_6705.jpg
    Tulip,
    What kind of meds do you use currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip999 View Post
    Hi, Zoella

IMG_6705.jpg
    Hello, Tulip:

First, let me say that is a terrific pic. You and your daughter are beautiful!

I, too, am curious about what treatments you are currently using... what has helped and what hasn't... there always seems to be more to learn with rosacea.

Wishing you the very best!