Thread: Thick layer of (Dead skin? Sebum?) build up on face. Sebhorreic dermatitis? (Pic)

Default Thick layer of (Dead skin? Sebum?) build up on face. Sebhorreic dermatitis? (Pic)

Hello,
    For several months now I have had this thick white build up on my face, I've gotten rid of it before with a combination of Aquaphor and moisturizer and allowing the build up to come off in the shower but less than a week later it was back.

When it dries it looks clear(ish) and is harder to see, when i get put of the shower it's like a white paste all over my face.

My nose, between my eyebrows, on the sides of my nose and nasolabial folds seem to be the worst, but it appears to be spreading to my cheeks and forehead as well recently. It also isn't red, irritated or itchy.

Around the same time this build up started my eyes started stinging horribly multiple times a day, the only way to relieve it I've found is to rinse my eyes out with water or take a shower. I don't know if the two are related.

Does anyone know what this could be/how I can treat it and prevent it from returning? Please help.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/IMTE9
    Note: The picture was taken after a shower and applying the Aquaphor/moisturizer mix so it was moist and some of it had come off.
    Last edited by Myth; 22nd September 2017 at 07:35 AM.

Does it flake at all?

From your pic it looks as if it's under your skin?
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Sorry for the late reply, I've posted about this on so many boards that it's hard to keep track.

It doesn't flake, it hardens after I get out of the shower like a paper mache mask or something. It's definitely on top of my skin, in a thick layer.