Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Derm Just Recommended Adding Blue Light

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    Thanks I think I might try the blue and red light, apparently blue might help with fungus and yeast which is what causes sebderm apparently. Thanks for all your help, Ill see if they ship to the UK.
    Please, stay in touch and keep us all updated on how the light therapy works for you. Sharing info on treatments helps everyone.

Greetings, All:

So, I had my follow up with the new derm here in GA yesterday, and it's going great thus far. She's super pleased and wants me to continue on doing both the red and blue lights, as I have been for the past 3 weeks or so. I think we are coming up on a month, but not quite there yet. Sorry, things have been super busy at the new house, and I feel like I'm losing all sense of time.

However, I can now comprehensively recommend folks who have subtype 1 (and maybe even subtype 2, as when mine was flared I'd get some spots) giving this a shot, if they are curious about it possibly helping them.

I'll be going back to the derm for a full-body preventative skin screening in early December. My mom had skin cancer, with lymph node involvement (I remember how scary that was when I was growing up), and I have a long history of sun exposure from working in the field with wildlife... so, yeah, I like to just stay on top of that, too. But, I'm also assuming the derm will do another rosacea check while I'm there, as well.

Blessings!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JennAdeleK View Post
    I can tell you that for me, personally, the light therapy has helped with the bumpiness. I used to have quite a bit when I first developed rosacea and at the time of diagnosis. Now it is very rare/minimal. It still happens that I'll get a bump or 2 now and then, but it's nothing like it was even 6 months ago.
    I've been using red, blue and green light daily, and not only has the redness slowly, slowly, slowly begun improving, but so have what I can only describe as razor bumps in my beared area which I've had for some time.

I do shave every day with an electric razor and yet the skin is bumpy here.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.