Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Derm Just Recommended Adding Blue Light

Hey folks... so end of week 2 (28 treatments) and all is well! I had a tiny bump or 2 crop up this week, but I was outside in the sun and heat for longer than I should've been (daytrip to Senoia, GA). That was my bad, but it all cleared up in a matter of a couple of hours. I even hit one of the bumps with a minute of extra blue light to test a "spot treatment's" effectiveness, and it calmed right down.

The blue light does seem to be doing something positive for me. I do feel less sensitive to external stimuli, and when I stopped by my dentist's office to get my new bite guard yesterday, he actually commented on how nice I looked. He said I looked very "refreshed and healthy." I don't wear any makeup, so this was a big lift to my spirits.

Still at 5 minutes per session 2x per day with the red light, followed by 3 minutes per session 2x per day with the blue light. I am planning to just keep on this regimen for the foreseeable future.

I am happy to post a pic of myself, if anyone thinks a visual might be helpful... but, please keep in mind that I have a very old iPhone and the camera on it is not the best (so don't expect some super high grade medical/clinical style pic or anything, just a normal camera phone snapshot).

Otherwise, I'll report back more at the end of 1 month's time...

Blessings!!!

Glad to hear that it's working well. These light therapy success stories might make me buy my own device and give it a shot! I just have a question if you don't mind... So, with sub-type 1, what are these "bumps" and how do you get them from going outdoors? I have subtype 1 too and I have no idea what those are meant to be. Unless you have subtype 2 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Glad to hear that it's working well. These light therapy success stories might make me buy my own device and give it a shot! I just have a question if you don't mind... So, with sub-type 1, what are these "bumps" and how do you get them from going outdoors? I have subtype 1 too and I have no idea what those are meant to be. Unless you have subtype 2 as well?
    My derm doesn't think I have subtype 2... she said the bumps I occasionally get are vascular in nature... like pink or red swellings that can come and go.

Ahh okay. Good to know that LT helps with different things then.

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Ahh okay. Good to know that LT helps with different things then.
    For sure. I can only speak from personal experience, but for me it has been a lifesaver.

Default Light Therapy for seb derm

Hi,

I have been following this thread for a few days and wondered if light therapy is good for seb derm? My condition is a bit complex May 2016, I developed Rosacea after food poisoning, I have tested for H.pylori and SIBO. SIBO I tested positive for and I am being treated for it, although rounds of antibiotics dont seem to be working so far. I apparently developed all four types of Rosacea within 4 months and so the derm put me on a low dose of accutane. I was wondering whether the lights are safe on low does accutane at all? I seem to remember they dont emit UV light is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    Hi,

I have been following this thread for a few days and wondered if light therapy is good for seb derm? My condition is a bit complex May 2016, I developed Rosacea after food poisoning, I have tested for H.pylori and SIBO. SIBO I tested positive for and I am being treated for it, although rounds of antibiotics dont seem to be working so far. I apparently developed all four types of Rosacea within 4 months and so the derm put me on a low dose of accutane. I was wondering whether the lights are safe on low does accutane at all? I seem to remember they dont emit UV light is that correct?
    Most units don't emit UV light... but with any blue light unit, you would want to check with the manufacturer/distributor, just to be sure.

Since you are on accutane currently, I'd recommend calling your doctor to be sure it is still safe for you to do any kind of light therapy at this time. Accutane is a very strong drug and one of the side effects is photosensitivity.

Thank you so much, I have actually just come of accutane and will be starting IPL in 4 weeks time. Apparently 5 weeks off accutane is enough time to start IPL and laser treatment according my dermatologist, they used to 6 months. But this has changed. May I ask would you the light therapy has really helped with bumps? I seem to wake up every morning with what looks like inflamed pores and I cant work out whether its sebderm or rosacea papules. Even the dermatologist says the its difficult to determine as the diseases cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    Thank you so much, I have actually just come of accutane and will be starting IPL in 4 weeks time. Apparently 5 weeks off accutane is enough time to start IPL and laser treatment according my dermatologist, they used to 6 months. But this has changed. May I ask would you the light therapy has really helped with bumps? I seem to wake up every morning with what looks like inflamed pores and I cant work out whether its sebderm or rosacea papules. Even the dermatologist says the its difficult to determine as the diseases cross over.
    I can tell you that for me, personally, the light therapy has helped with the bumpiness. I used to have quite a bit when I first developed rosacea and at the time of diagnosis. Now it is very rare/minimal. It still happens that I'll get a bump or 2 now and then, but it's nothing like it was even 6 months ago.

Thanks I think I might try the blue and red light, apparently blue might help with fungus and yeast which is what causes sebderm apparently. Thanks for all your help, Ill see if they ship to the UK.