Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my 16 year old son may have rosacea??? questions about skin care

Quote Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
    Hi Brady,

Is the Rosacea Diet appropriate for my 16 year old son...actually he will be 17 next month.
    The nutshell version is the Rosacea Diet is to not eat sugar and high carbohydrate for thirty days to see if this improves rosacea. Now, what 16 year old is willing to not eat sugar and high refined carbohydrate for 30 days? It would be an unusual teenager who is willing to try this to see if there is any improvement. Doesn't he eat a lot of sugar now (including fruit which contains lots of fructose)?

I am giving away my book, Rosacea 101: Includes the Rosacea Diet, for free if you join the RRDi. All you do is join and be sure to request it.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Hi Raymond,
    Thanks for the reply. Yes it is very emotional...really hard for me to wrap my head around and as a cancer survivor who had plenty of chemo I wouldn't think I would be this fearful but as you say he's my son.

I called the derm today and we went in to see him. He gave me the iPledge book and we read it and he gave me the base line blood work to have. He suggested starting him on 30 mg once a day but will want to increase it he said if he tolerates it ok. Not sure how I feel about that . He said if you don't increase your acne may clear on a lower dose but may come back instead of never coming back after taking a higher dose.

He also said again - he thinks it's more rosacea than acne but it's hard for him to think this because my son is so young to have rosacea like this.

It was nice of him to see me today on short notice - we are going to see the other PA that we liked so much tomorrow and the pediatrician on Friday. His father wants him to take it.

Hope you are doing well!
    browneyes,
    The doc has covered himself with informing you about isotretinoin and the iPledge book. Lisa just posted about her issue with accutane induced flushing. Hope for the best.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

[QUOTE=Brady Barrows;338044]The nutshell version is the Rosacea Diet is to not eat sugar and high carbohydrate for thirty days to see if this improves rosacea. Now, what 16 year old is willing to not eat sugar and high refined carbohydrate for 30 days? It would be an unusual teenager who is willing to try this to see if there is any improvement. Doesn't he eat a lot of sugar now (including fruit which contains lots of fructose)?

I am giving away my book, Rosacea 101: Includes the Rosacea Diet, for free if you join the RRDi. All you do is join and be sure to request it.[/QUOTE

Hi Brady,

I will join RRDI and request the book...thank you! I am fighting a losing battle here at home as I do not want him to take the Accutane but he is insisting and has his father's support and we saw the Derm, the PA in another derm group and the pediatrician. Of course they all say give it a go.

I just showed my son Lisa's post and he said "why did you show me that, I still want to take it! You are trying to talk me out of it"

Hope for the best is exactly my sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    The nutshell version is the Rosacea Diet is to not eat sugar and high carbohydrate for thirty days to see if this improves rosacea. Now, what 16 year old is willing to not eat sugar and high refined carbohydrate for 30 days? It would be an unusual teenager who is willing to try this to see if there is any improvement. Doesn't he eat a lot of sugar now (including fruit which contains lots of fructose)?

I am giving away my book, Rosacea 101: Includes the Rosacea Diet, for free if you join the RRDi. All you do is join and be sure to request it.
    Hi Brady,

Is there a link on this site to join? And yes, it would be difficult at best to have him climb on board with those restrictions but I would certainly like for him to give it a go.

Hi Brady,

Is there a link on this site to join? And yes, it would be difficult at best to have him climb on board with those restrictions but I would certainly like for him to give it a go.
    The link is under my name.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    The link is under my name.
    Unfortunately this forum has signatures disabled by default...

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...do=editoptions
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Unfortunately this forum has signatures disabled by default...

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...do=editoptions
    Hello,

So I am sorry to be a nuisance but I do not see a link where I can donate? Also, I could not sign in this am so created a new account and then stumbled upon my existing one. Clearly, I am doing something wrong.

The rosacea forum and irosacea two different sites?

Thanks for any clarification.

Hello,

So I am sorry to be a nuisance but I do not see a link where I can donate? Also, I could not sign in this am so created a new account and then stumbled upon my existing one. Clearly, I am doing something wrong.

The rosacea forum and irosacea two different sites?

Thanks for any clarification.
    I was wondering what you were talking about.

Yes, the Rosacea Forum (RF) and the RRDi Forum (RRDi) are two different forums. You can have the same display name 'browneyes' in both forums since they are two separate accounts in two different forums. Originally this forum was started by Warren Stuart who served on the board of directors of the RRDi, who sadly passed away. For a while, the moderators who were left kept RF going but eventually decided to give the site over to David Pascoe, who now owns the domain and web site. The RRDi is a legally registered 501 c 3 non profit organization registered in Hawaii.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Default Rhinophyma

Hi, Brady, do you know how successful low does accutane is for early rhinophyma based on ur experienec here

Brown eyes,
    Just curious if you ever found a good treatment for your son? After 20 years of worsening rosacea I finally tried ZZ cream (lots of info on this forum) and I thought it may be helpful for him. I literally tried every medication there was with no improvement. If demodex mites are the cause, the zz cream should work. (And he wont have to be on medication). Hope hes doing better.