Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: I used to be a pretty girl...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default I used to be a pretty girl...

    That’s all I can think of for the past four months since I got the diagnosis of rosacea. I was full of confidence and truly loved myself, loved life, loved getting up in the morning and get ready, do my make-up and pick out a nice outfit.
    I have completely changed as a person in these last months. I was well on my way setting up a business, had dreams, was funny, social and enjoying life.
    Rosacea has had a horrible impact on my life and confidence.

    I was determined to find the cause of my rosacea, as I - as many others - believe rosacea is a symptom of some other condition. Especially, given the fact that I’m only 23 and of South Asian origin.
    I am still sure there is an underlying condition, but after many tests I have done I do not know where to look anymore. I hope to find some help here.

    Some of the tests I have had:
    - General blood work: all fine
    - Lyme: negative
    - SIBO: negative
    - H. Pylori: negative
    - Candida: negative (in stool)
    - Gut dysbiosis: enough good bacteria
    - Parasites: negative
    - Lactose intolerance: positive

    With the parasites, I do have to say that I am aware that these do no always show up in stool, and I passed what seemed to be a worm in my stool few days ago. I sent a picture to the doctor and he confirmed it was a worm and advised to take mebendazol.

    Other clues:
    - I do have gut problems / stool test showed lowered sigA levels
    - Constipation / white specs in stool / bloatedness
    - I get daily bouts of headache
    - I have night sweats - never had these before
    - I get itchy hives sometimes, that go away within an hour

    I must add that rosacea and gut problems started after a trip to Thailand, in April.

    I greatly, greatly appreciate any help!
    Last edited by Amberelle; 6th September 2017 at 12:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    473
    Country: Bahamas

    Default

    Hey , yes it's a **** condition and there's always a answer to what is triggering it. Some people find it out and some have not yet. I have not! but have done similar test to you and yet still haven't figured it out.
    I too had bad stomach issues after doing a trip to Thailand. Never did I ever have cramping and IBS like I did over there and when I came back. Doc said it was normal but I think I got a bug over there and it was in my for years! After all the antibiotics and crap if taken over the years it's probably killed it as have had stool test as well and it was negative. I think this ...it's either nevous system / vascular or Demodex or food/allergy or stomach problems / bacteria.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Raymond, the problem with these parasite stool tests is that even if you have them they do not always show up.

    How are your IBS symptoms now? Did the antibiotics do anything for your rosacea?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    366
    Country: United States

    Default

    Amberelle,

    What are your symptoms?

    I hear you. This disease is life changinng. There are options to manage the condition to improve quality of life. I hope you can find something that works for you!

    -M

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default

    MissM,

    I have permanent bumpiness on my forehead, sometimes redness. I have two red plaques on both my cheeks, enlarged pores and P&Ps.

    I really hope so, this condition is giving me anxiety.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    366
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amberelle View Post
    MissM,

    I have permanent bumpiness on my forehead, sometimes redness. I have two red plaques on both my cheeks, enlarged pores and P&Ps.

    I really hope so, this condition is giving me anxiety.
    Amberelle,

    Have you considered demodex? Your symptoms could definitely be due to a demodex infestation. If it is, then you have a good chance of it going into remission with an ante-demodectic like Soolantra or ZZ cream.

    -M.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Hi, as MissM mentions look at Soolantra, ZZ cream...or tea tree oil with moisturizer.

    You don't mention what treatments you've tried. The most significant given your symptoms would be diet.

    Have you cut out dairy? Are you eating low sugar/low carbs? Increasing healthy fats - salmon, etc. A healthy diet - upping the nutrient foods and cutting out the inflammatory foods - should make a positive change.

    Also up your water intake. It sounds too easy - but it makes a big difference. Has for me.

    Those diet changes plus gentle skincare - cleanser and moisturizer - and a topical treatment for your type 2 acne rosacea will help you turn the corner. Also stay out of the sun.

    And you are still a pretty girl. I used to feel like you. Am older. But my self esteem took a major hit. But we're much more focused on our skin than other people. Especially since it's always tapping us on the shoulder trying to get our attention through stinging, burning, itchiness, flushing, etc.

    You'll find what works for you. It takes research - read this forum and learn about the condition. And patience - it takes trial and error. But try the things we've mentioned here. Then when you're better, report back to the forum so you can share the good news and successful treatments that helped you.

    Good luck!

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    Amberelle,

    Have you considered demodex? Your symptoms could definitely be due to a demodex infestation. If it is, then you have a good chance of it going into remission with an ante-demodectic like Soolantra or ZZ cream.

    -M.
    I have considered demodex, but I find it hard to believe that's my problem. At times I have clearly noticed a relation between what I eat, and a flare up of redness on my cheeks. I had this with bananas some time ago, not anymore now. So it all seems like a big mystery.

    I have used TTO, and use rosehip oil daily. But did not notice a difference in my skin.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hi, as MissM mentions look at Soolantra, ZZ cream...or tea tree oil with moisturizer.

    You don't mention what treatments you've tried. The most significant given your symptoms would be diet.

    Have you cut out dairy? Are you eating low sugar/low carbs? Increasing healthy fats - salmon, etc. A healthy diet - upping the nutrient foods and cutting out the inflammatory foods - should make a positive change.

    Also up your water intake. It sounds too easy - but it makes a big difference. Has for me.

    Those diet changes plus gentle skincare - cleanser and moisturizer - and a topical treatment for your type 2 acne rosacea will help you turn the corner. Also stay out of the sun.

    And you are still a pretty girl. I used to feel like you. Am older. But my self esteem took a major hit. But we're much more focused on our skin than other people. Especially since it's always tapping us on the shoulder trying to get our attention through stinging, burning, itchiness, flushing, etc.

    You'll find what works for you. It takes research - read this forum and learn about the condition. And patience - it takes trial and error. But try the things we've mentioned here. Then when you're better, report back to the forum so you can share the good news and successful treatments that helped you.

    Good luck!
    I have tried TTO with rosehip oil, but this did not do anything for me.

    I have cut out dairy for a very long time before getting tested for lactose intolerance.

    Other than that I had tried the GAPS diet for a few weeks, and my cheeks did improve, but I was losing so much weight I really couldn't afford to. Also, I felt insanely weak without sugar or carbs, and while on the diet my blood test showed that my blood sugar level was too low. I don't know how to lower carb intake and not lose weight.

    I feel so hopeless while writing this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    366
    Country: United States

    Default

    [QUOTE=Amberelle;337541]I have tried TTO with rosehip oil, but this did not do anything for me.

    I have cut out dairy for a very long time before getting tested for lactose intolerance.

    Other than that I had tried the GAPS diet for a few weeks, and my cheeks did improve, but I was losing so much weight I really couldn't afford to. Also, I felt insanely weak without sugar or carbs, and while on the diet my blood test showed that my blood sugar level was too low. I don't know how to lower carb intake and not lose weight.

    I feel so hopeless while


    From what I have read, tea tree oil is not as effective as a true anti-demodectic such as ZZ cream or Soolantra. If you want to truly rule out demodex (I would if I had your symptoms), then I would commit to a 3 month period of treatment with either one of those choices.

    Hope this helps!
    -M

Similar Threads

  1. I used to be a pretty girl..
    By Amberelle in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th September 2017, 12:09 PM
  2. 18 year old girl/vegan diet triggered this??
    By bindtea in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd November 2016, 03:28 AM
  3. Hi everyone-new girl blushing!
    By Leeloo in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th March 2006, 05:00 PM
  4. how does your husband(wive) orboy(girl) friend deals with it
    By patrice in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 5th January 2006, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •