Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone experience facial fat loss from red light?

Default Has anyone experience facial fat loss from red light?

I've seen Red Light/LEDs advertised for fat loss on the body. Couldn't they therefore also cause fat loss in the face? Has anyone experienced this?

Hey no it's not possible. Its not Designed that way and would never have the amount of heat to deplete fat loss. It would only help what is on the surface of the skin

Good morning!

I've been using red light therapy for over 4 months now and have noticed absolutely no difference in my face shape or the amount of fat that might be there. I highly doubt red light therapy could lead to any kind of fat loss. If anything, my face seems a little plumper due to more collagen. Woot!

Hi I spoke to my dermatologist about different types of lasers and IPL. Basically he said be careful with IPL, because he knew one patient who went to a respected Harley Street Doctor for IPL for her rosacea, and ended up with skin atrophy where your skin begins to sink / fat loss. Apparently it was awful. He said that this is VERY VERY VERY RARE but you should be careful. Apparently laser such as the Nlite laser is much more effective and safer.

Yes I know all about fat loss and skin astrophy with lasers. I have damage after x2 IPL and VBEAM lasers
    Where my fat in my face just disappeared and I was left with sunken in areas and not to mention horrible texture problems and scarring. It was and still is 1000times worse than rosacea. And not much can be done to fix this type of damage. It's horrible and it's happening more and more and I'm sure I'm the future these lasers will be shut down. The risk is just not worth it. Iv spent more than 10k on fillers to replace the loss of tissue and over 14k on recell treatment with dr Rawlins / travel / accomodation. All to try and fix what a f**king 10 minute job with a IPL / vbeam laser did for some redness! Worst mistake of my life. I would trade anything to go back.
    I now have to wait another 6m and see if can get recell again as the damage that laser does goes very deep and who knows how long it will take to fix!
    And to have rosacea on top of that is to say the least very very lame! Life sure knows how to play funny games with you. But sorry for the rant! LED is good! Laser is bad!
    Don't do laser! Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    Yes I know all about fat loss and skin astrophy with lasers. I have damage after x2 IPL and VBEAM lasers
    Where my fat in my face just disappeared and I was left with sunken in areas and not to mention horrible texture problems and scarring. It was and still is 1000times worse than rosacea. And not much can be done to fix this type of damage. It's horrible and it's happening more and more and I'm sure I'm the future these lasers will be shut down. The risk is just not worth it. Iv spent more than 10k on fillers to replace the loss of tissue and over 14k on recell treatment with dr Rawlins / travel / accomodation. All to try and fix what a f**king 10 minute job with a IPL / vbeam laser did for some redness! Worst mistake of my life. I would trade anything to go back.
    I now have to wait another 6m and see if can get recell again as the damage that laser does goes very deep and who knows how long it will take to fix!
    And to have rosacea on top of that is to say the least very very lame! Life sure knows how to play funny games with you. But sorry for the rant! LED is good! Laser is bad!
    Don't do laser! Ever!
    Lasers scare the crap out of me. I've never done one, and after what I've heard from several others, I doubt I ever will... but I love, love, love my red light.

Man, it's such a tough call with lasers. Some people have good results and others not. I have some telangiectasias on my cheeks that I'm really insecure about...I was thinking about getting an Excel V treatment in the future to possibly help with these, but I'm also super scared based on the horror stories I've read.

Speaking of, RLT seems to calm my face EXCEPT for these dang little spider veins on my cheeks. They seem to dilate more and turn red after I do a treatment. Anyone else have this experience? I'm thinking about quitting RLT altogether because I don't know if this will cause more spider veins to form.

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    Don't do laser! Ever!
    I'm sorry this happened to you, Raymond. What a truly horrible situation for you to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    Man, it's such a tough call with lasers. Some people have good results and others not. I have some telangiectasias on my cheeks that I'm really insecure about...I was thinking about getting an Excel V treatment in the future to possibly help with these, but I'm also super scared based on the horror stories I've read.

Speaking of, RLT seems to calm my face EXCEPT for these dang little spider veins on my cheeks. They seem to dilate more and turn red after I do a treatment. Anyone else have this experience? I'm thinking about quitting RLT altogether because I don't know if this will cause more spider veins to form.
    I'm using my red light for flushing and pnps... I don't have any telangiectasias to deal with, so I can't say how RLT would effect that type of situation. All I can say, at this time, is it's nothing short of a miracle lately for the flushing and pnps. Feeling much better. Whew!

Maybe ask your doctor about red light and telangiectasias ...

Thanks everyone so much for your replies.

I made a post here a few days ago about how I seemed to have a bad reaction to RLT. I guess I did it too long because I ended up extremely red and burnt-looking (I only have very mild rosacea and was using the RLT mainly for other purposes). I've been panicking because other treatments (laser/IPL) can apparently destroy fat, and red light is supposed to be able to penetrate all the way down to the fatty layer of the skin.

RaymondS, my heart goes out to you and others who have experienced facial fat loss from other treatments.