Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post VBeam HELP!

Default From hk. 2nd vbeam

I too had my 2nd vbeam yesterday, & am trying not to freak out..

8 years ago I had 4 vbeams(perfecta). Did not react much each time, had conservative settings because I am Olive skinned indian/Chinese mix. Infact almost no effect immediately after all 4 times! I came on this forum to talk about it, but I have to say looking back, the results were definitely not seen weeks but months. Overall those 4 vbeams really helped with flushing much less reactive skin overall.

Years passed there were ups n downs.. But it's been ok. I live in HK & I can't live my life without doing outdoors, nature & water sports. Recently I decided why not go for a few treatments. This time I reacted very differently! Swelling, reactive, itchy sometimes.. very sensitive after both the first & second vbeam. The settings were exactly same as 8yrs ago dunno why... trying really hard to believe that this will pass... And eventually it will heal & get better ... But can't help but feel.. what have I done ? Should've left it since I was doing pretty fine?
    Last edited by shellsdoll; 12th April 2018 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shellsdoll View Post
    I too had my 2nd vbeam yesterday, & am trying not to freak out..

8 years ago I had 4 vbeams(perfecta). Did not react much each time, had conservative settings because I am Olive skinned indian/Chinese mix. Infact almost no effect immediately after all 4 times! I came on this forum to talk about it, but I have to say looking back, the results were definitely not seen weeks but months. Overall those 4 vbeams really helped with flushing much less reactive skin overall.

Years passed there were ups n downs.. But it's been ok. I live in HK & I can't live my life without doing outdoors, nature & water sports. Recently I decided why not go for a few treatments. This time I reacted very differently! Swelling, reactive, itchy sometimes.. very sensitive after both the first & second vbeam. The settings were exactly same as 8yrs ago dunno why... trying really hard to believe that this will pass... And eventually it will heal & get better ... But can't help but feel.. what have I done ? Should've left it since I was doing pretty fine?
    Hi Shellsdoll,

Hopefully this will pass! You said that you had two Vbeams recently? Did you recover after the first of those two? I'm not sure why you would have a reaction like that this go around, but it seems like that is a normal reaction for most. Please keep us posted on your progress. Sending a hug your way.

M.

Thanks for your kind words

I was red and itchy after the first vbeam in March, and I feel like it made the seb derm alot worse. Dunno if it was a reaction to vbeam or Metrogel or maybe even some cream the dr gave... But I stopped and it seems to better. So far it's few days post 2nd vbeam and reaction is calmer ... fingers crossed... I need to heal fast enough so I can get the 3rd vbeam in early May... Then may have to give it a break since summers already here .

Overall and looking back would you say vbeam has helped you in a positive or negative way? Will update you in few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by shellsdoll View Post
    Thanks for your kind words

I was red and itchy after the first vbeam in March, and I feel like it made the seb derm alot worse. Dunno if it was a reaction to vbeam or Metrogel or maybe even some cream the dr gave... But I stopped and it seems to better. So far it's few days post 2nd vbeam and reaction is calmer ... fingers crossed... I need to heal fast enough so I can get the 3rd vbeam in early May... Then may have to give it a break since summers already here .

Overall and looking back would you say vbeam has helped you in a positive or negative way? Will update you in few weeks

Hi Shellsdoll,

I recently underwent a couple of Excel V treatments, I have never had Vbeam. The results so far are minimal in my worst rosacea areas, but I do believe it has helped a little bit. I have another one (my third treatment) scheduled for June. The doctor said I'd probably been 3-5 treatments total, so hopefully it help.

Yes, please keep us updated!
    M.

*update* 5-days post 2nd vbeam and the skin is very nice. less red, no bumps smooth and less reactive...
    do u think i should still go for the 3rd vbeam scheduled for 5May ? or wait until winter. months.. because i will be travelling in end May or June and alot of outdoor activities are upcoming....

or.. would the 2-vbeam sessions not be enough... since Dr said its advised to do 3-4 treatments spanned 3-4 weeks apart...
    mixed feelings about this about the next vbeam... will i freak out and make it worse again... or is it really needed to get even better results...

its really unexpected cuz i get so different results each time from the vbeam..

I'm three weeks in to recovery from a full facial aggressive (as in purperic/bruising) PDL/vBeam.

I have orange marks - the hyperpigmentation - on my face. I can see that some areas have healed totally and left white skin in place of the bruises but there are still bits that look worse.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    I'm three weeks in to recovery from a full facial aggressive (as in purperic/bruising) PDL/vBeam.

I have orange marks - the hyperpigmentation - on my face. I can see that some areas have healed totally and left white skin in place of the bruises but there are still bits that look worse.
    Keep us updated Darren. Some pics would be cool but I understand if you would rather not.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomtown405 View Post
    Keep us updated Darren. Some pics would be cool but I understand if you would rather not.
    I've done some videos of my face if you're interested. I'm healing from another vBeam I had on the 20th July. It really has helped a lot, but I suspect another laser session will be on the cards perhaps next year.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."