Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-Starting Red Light Therapy

Quote Originally Posted by fifihope View Post
    Hey,

I am really new to it, I've been using it for 12 days or so and started with 2 mins per day and for the past few days I've been using it for 3 mins per day. I am just not sure if it's enough to see results. I'm not expecting to see them soon though as I understand it can take a month.

Fiona x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, it does take some time. I noticed the biggest results happening at 2 months in... but I was sure it was working within about 2 weeks, and I had decent results within a month's time. I'd suggest staying at 3 minutes for your first month. If you see results by then but your skin feels like it might prefer a little more, try adding in a bit more at 30 seconds at a time until you find the place where your skin seems the happiest. It will be a very individual thing. Be patient with yourself and the process.

Feel free to message me anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by JennAdeleK View Post
    I've been doing so well with my rosacea lately, that I haven't needed to do any red light therapy for over a month (and this was after about 4 months of consistent red light usage). However, last night, for whatever reason (none of which I can determine), my rosacea got really itchy and stinging (serious neuro symptoms for me). I also started to see puffy pink spots begin to emerge. So, I had to re-start my red light therapy at 5 minutes per session. And, I'm now back to doing 2 sessions a day, plus any needed spot treatments. *sigh*

I'm finding that for me, it's easy to think that a chronic condition will just heal when going through a smooth period. Having to re-start my red light therapy feels like a tough reality check. I am, however, grateful for the availability and responsiveness of my condition towards the red light. As of this morning, I only have 3 small itchy spots left to heal.

For those thinking about trying red light therapy for their rosacea, here is the unit I use (it's highly effective and in what appears to be the best wavelength for rosacea skin):

https://www.smarterlights.com/The-Pu...p/e-lt-red.htm
    I've done the exact same thing, Jenn. I've thought to myself oh, I'm basically cured, I don't need to do maintenance anymore...

Uhh, yeah you do.

It is a tough reality check, but the important thing is we've found things that help. But it really does underline the fact that there really isn't a cure for this condition.

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    I've done the exact same thing, Jenn. I've thought to myself oh, I'm basically cured, I don't need to do maintenance anymore...

Uhh, yeah you do.

It is a tough reality check, but the important thing is we've found things that help. But it really does underline the fact that there really isn't a cure for this condition.
    Well said.

Yes, it does take some time. I noticed the biggest results happening at 2 months in... but I was sure it was working within about 2 weeks, and I had decent results within a month's time. I'd suggest staying at 3 minutes for your first month. If you see results by then but your skin feels like it might prefer a little more, try adding in a bit more at 30 seconds at a time until you find the place where your skin seems the happiest. It will be a very individual thing. Be patient with yourself and the process.

Feel free to message me anytime!
    Hey Jenn, How long do you use the red light on each cheek per day? I only have rosacea on one cheek and have started using it for 5 minutes per day.

Fiona x

Hey Jenn, How long do you use the red light on each cheek per day? I only have rosacea on one cheek and have started using it for 5 minutes per day.

Fiona x
    I'm using mine a little differently than you, but that's probably because my rosacea is most likely different from yours. I do 5 minutes straight on the center of my face. I make sure the light is pretty much covering my whole face.

Also, in other news, the new derm also wants me to try Finacea applied once daily as a preventative, as well. She thinks I'll respond very well to it. Did one application this morning after washing, and no irritation at all. Guess that's a decent start.

I'm using mine a little differently than you, but that's probably because my rosacea is most likely different from yours. I do 5 minutes straight on the center of my face. I make sure the light is pretty much covering my whole face.

Also, in other news, the new derm also wants me to try Finacea applied once daily as a preventative, as well. She thinks I'll respond very well to it. Did one application this morning after washing, and no irritation at all. Guess that's a decent start.
    oh ok, so over the course of the day you do 10 mins? when did you start doing 2 sessions as opposed to one per day? Finacea for flushing and redness or bumps? x

oh ok, so over the course of the day you do 10 mins? when did you start doing 2 sessions as opposed to one per day? Finacea for flushing and redness or bumps? x
    I honestly don't remember exactly how far I was into RLT when I started doing is 2x per day, but it was pretty soon after I initially started out. I tend to experiment on myself, and when I noticed red light wasn't hurting anything I took it up a notch.

Yes, for all the things for Finacea. It's supposed to help with it all. She's starting me on foam (considered the gentlest form, from what I was told), which is the most expensive on my insurance... but if I do well with it, then I can try switching to gel which is just as effective but I get better insurance coverage on it.