Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nose pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsareblue View Post
    Finally, I'd like to ask once again if ANYONE else out there is experiencing something similar regarding your nose, especially if you suffer from phenotypes 2,3 or 6 (persistent erythema, telangiectasia or ocular symptoms).

Hi there! I?m not in here that often anymore, but I saw this and thinking I could give some input since my old thread from a few years ago is also mentioned.

From what I understand your nose problems are different to mine. You are not on any medication effecting your blood preassure are you? Looking at my problems I see clear that it had to do with the betablocker, Metoprolol, that I took and then got off. I naturally have tendencies of low bloodpreasure and Reynods syndrome and the medication i took severly worsened this, giving me even lower blood preassure, coldness in all my limbs and then caused me HEAVY rebound flushing of primarily my nose but also the rest of my face. It made me flush like crazy both when I was steady on it and then worse getting of it and it took about 7 horrendous months for it to fade.

A clean diet, exercise and a good skin care routine has helped me to push back rosacea, to a place where I dont see it anymore, BUT the flushing and swelling of my nose was not rosacea, but in my opinion, 100% a result of the medication. Also I have no flushing anymore.

Hope this can help someone!
    Love and warmth
    V
    Hey Violet, thanks for dropping in.

I haven't ever been on blood pressure medications. Although one time I did suggest to my derm that I could try out some beta blockers, like you used, but he refused to give me any. I guess it was an awful idea though. I'm curious if your nose was already red from erythema or if it was perfectly fine before the flushing started? My nose has always been the epicenter of my rosacea/acne.

Default Apples

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Hey Violet, thanks for dropping in.

I haven't ever been on blood pressure medications. Although one time I did suggest to my derm that I could try out some beta blockers, like you used, but he refused to give me any. I guess it was an awful idea though. I'm curious if your nose was already red from erythema or if it was perfectly fine before the flushing started? My nose has always been the epicenter of my rosacea/acne.
    I am glad if I can help. I hope my story can bring light to someone out there suffering the same symptoms.

To your your question: no, my nose has never been problematic before the flushing started. I did have some broken vessels on my nostrils, had them as long as i can remember (they are gone now though with the help of diathermy), but my nose has never flushed or had any rosacea prior to my swelling started. I would say my skin is relatively "thin" or "fair" all over my face, which caused me rosacea in the first place but my nose has never been typically worse. When I had symptoms of rosacea, these were focused on my cheeks with tiny little inflamed pimples. I still get apples on my cheeks every now and then, as I have all my life.

Best!

Great answers! I think it is helpful to read this for anyone who is facing this problem!

So I've noticed this more with myself - pressure on the sides of the bridge of the nose. Not sure if it is similar to anyone else. I notice with some meds it can feel like it drains out a bit and diffuses the pressure but it comes back and kind of oscillates. I also can feel water dripping down the inside of my skin with meds sometimes. 2 docs have said this is a sign of solid edema. My bridge of nose thing feels deep, like a clump of inflammation needs to melt away.

So I have felt the "moving cement" type of thing - I wonder if that is necessarily bad though. It might be the lymph moving around. For me a single antibiotic sort of moves it around in a weak way. We're trying to find a combo of meds that will be stronger.

I have been experiencing inner nose burning pain and swelling for around a month if I've got it right. Its terrible! if anyone has any tips on how to deal they would be appreciated. I am terrified as I'm F 21 and had a number of symptoms over the last two months that are really impacting my life. I truly empathise with everyone here

Quote Originally Posted by hotanddangerous View Post
    I have been experiencing inner nose burning pain and swelling for around a month if I've got it right. Its terrible! if anyone has any tips on how to deal they would be appreciated. I am terrified as I'm F 21 and had a number of symptoms over the last two months that are really impacting my life. I truly empathise with everyone here
    You may see the antibiotic azithromycin.
    You can also buy powdered AMLA (Emblica officinalis). Mix it with water to make it mush and put it on your nose. So do a nose poultice with Amla for a few minutes.
    amla has a strong anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. It also works against bacteria. You can search for information about it on the internet. Here you have sample links to information about amla.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4158298/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5188415/
    Last edited by przemek; 22nd April 2021 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by przemek View Post
    You can also buy powdered AMLA (Emblica officinalis). Mix it with water to make it mush and put it on your nose. So do a nose poultice with Amla for a few minutes.
    amla has a strong anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. It also works against bacteria. You can search for information about it on the internet. Here you have sample links to information about amla.
    Thank you for the tip I really appreciate it!

Edit: Interestingly I just experienced 25 days without significant nose pain which is incredible considering that it usually comes back within a few days each time. No idea why though.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    So I've noticed this more with myself - pressure on the sides of the bridge of the nose. Not sure if it is similar to anyone else. I notice with some meds it can feel like it drains out a bit and diffuses the pressure but it comes back and kind of oscillates. I also can feel water dripping down the inside of my skin with meds sometimes. 2 docs have said this is a sign of solid edema. My bridge of nose thing feels deep, like a clump of inflammation needs to melt away.

So I have felt the "moving cement" type of thing - I wonder if that is necessarily bad though. It might be the lymph moving around. For me a single antibiotic sort of moves it around in a weak way. We're trying to find a combo of meds that will be stronger.
    I definitely relate to the pressure on the sides/bridge of the nose but not the feeling of water dripping part. I still use these special paracetamol tablets I received some time ago but they only relieve the pressure and not the tingling unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by hotanddangerous View Post
    If you're looking for instant (i.e. extremely temporary) pain relief you can try tilting your head back and gently pressing your arm/hand into the area just above the nose. Otherwise try out non-steroid nasal sprays because the cause might be excessive dryness at least for the burning feeling.
    Last edited by BraceYourself; 23rd April 2021 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by przemek View Post
    Have you tried powdered AMLA as a topical on your skin. IF so did it help with swelling.

I can relate to the pressure either side of the nose too, that dripping water feeling, as well as my residual edema and tingling. I have them all going on.
    Duloxetine helps me the best with the tingling, pressure and dripping. I just can?t clear the edema.