Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nose pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsareblue View Post
    Finally, I'd like to ask once again if ANYONE else out there is experiencing something similar regarding your nose, especially if you suffer from phenotypes 2,3 or 6 (persistent erythema, telangiectasia or ocular symptoms).

Hi there! I?m not in here that often anymore, but I saw this and thinking I could give some input since my old thread from a few years ago is also mentioned.

From what I understand your nose problems are different to mine. You are not on any medication effecting your blood preassure are you? Looking at my problems I see clear that it had to do with the betablocker, Metoprolol, that I took and then got off. I naturally have tendencies of low bloodpreasure and Reynods syndrome and the medication i took severly worsened this, giving me even lower blood preassure, coldness in all my limbs and then caused me HEAVY rebound flushing of primarily my nose but also the rest of my face. It made me flush like crazy both when I was steady on it and then worse getting of it and it took about 7 horrendous months for it to fade.

A clean diet, exercise and a good skin care routine has helped me to push back rosacea, to a place where I dont see it anymore, BUT the flushing and swelling of my nose was not rosacea, but in my opinion, 100% a result of the medication. Also I have no flushing anymore.

Hope this can help someone!
    Love and warmth
    V
    Hey Violet, thanks for dropping in.

I haven't ever been on blood pressure medications. Although one time I did suggest to my derm that I could try out some beta blockers, like you used, but he refused to give me any. I guess it was an awful idea though. I'm curious if your nose was already red from erythema or if it was perfectly fine before the flushing started? My nose has always been the epicenter of my rosacea/acne.

Default Apples

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Hey Violet, thanks for dropping in.

I haven't ever been on blood pressure medications. Although one time I did suggest to my derm that I could try out some beta blockers, like you used, but he refused to give me any. I guess it was an awful idea though. I'm curious if your nose was already red from erythema or if it was perfectly fine before the flushing started? My nose has always been the epicenter of my rosacea/acne.
    I am glad if I can help. I hope my story can bring light to someone out there suffering the same symptoms.

To your your question: no, my nose has never been problematic before the flushing started. I did have some broken vessels on my nostrils, had them as long as i can remember (they are gone now though with the help of diathermy), but my nose has never flushed or had any rosacea prior to my swelling started. I would say my skin is relatively "thin" or "fair" all over my face, which caused me rosacea in the first place but my nose has never been typically worse. When I had symptoms of rosacea, these were focused on my cheeks with tiny little inflamed pimples. I still get apples on my cheeks every now and then, as I have all my life.

Best!