Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nose pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    I can relate to the pressure either side of the nose too, that dripping water feeling, as well as my residual edema and tingling. I have them all going on.
    Duloxetine helps me the best with the tingling, pressure and dripping. I just can?t clear the edema.
    Could you let me know if you find a solution to the edema? I am struggling with that currently!

Quote Originally Posted by hotanddangerous View Post
    Could you let me know if you find a solution to the edema? I am struggling with that currently!
    The duloxetine seems to be stopping any new edema from forming ( my edema is from neurological inflammation) but I still have residual edema that I can?t clear. It is like my lymph system has become blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    I can relate to the pressure either side of the nose too, that dripping water feeling, as well as my residual edema and tingling. I have them all going on.
    Duloxetine helps me the best with the tingling, pressure and dripping. I just can?t clear the edema.
    keep in touch, momof. Yes i'm on 120 duloxetine and it helps. Weirdly it helps with the flushing and swelling not just pain for me.

I'm layering antibiotics now, with ketotifen. Trying minocycline and flagyl - getting liquid formulations compounded to prevent GI side effects (I'm surprised it makes a big difference). We might add sirolimus - systemic form of topical elidel. In the future I might retry very low dose accutane (10 mg / wk or less) but I only think this can be beneficial for me if I reduce inflammation via other means first. I think the dripping water feels "good"/"on the right track" in a way i think the solid stuff is trying to move out and nerves don't feel as "stuck".... my experience.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this too.

Have you tried various antibiotics?

Yeah, i htink my lymph system has become overloaded. I think i have solid edema even in my neck - it's just not noticeable to others.
    Last edited by laser_cat; 1st May 2021 at 01:04 AM.

You?re taking 120 mg? Do you get side effects with that? I take 30mg. It seems to work as well as higher doses for me.
    I have tried doxycycline 40mg on several occasions but I get really bad palpitations from it so I have given up on it. At a loss what to do with the ?fixed? edema.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    keep in touch, momof. Yes i'm on 120 duloxetine and it helps. Weirdly it helps with the flushing and swelling not just pain for me.

I'm layering antibiotics now, with ketotifen. Trying minocycline and flagyl - getting liquid formulations compounded to prevent GI side effects (I'm surprised it makes a big difference). We might add sirolimus - systemic form of topical elidel. In the future I might retry very low dose accutane (10 mg / wk or less) but I only think this can be beneficial for me if I reduce inflammation via other means first. I think the dripping water feels "good"/"on the right track" in a way i think the solid stuff is trying to move out and nerves don't feel as "stuck".... my experience.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this too.

Have you tried various antibiotics?

Yeah, i htink my lymph system has become overloaded. I think i have solid edema even in my neck - it's just not noticeable to others.