Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nose pain?

Default Nose pain?

I've been 'living' with Rosacea types 1 and 4 since late 2015, but only since last month have I developed a strange nose problem. In essence, the bridge of my nose feels "tingly" and sometimes I feel like it's heavier than normal. It's at it's worst at nighttime (ditto for my general rosacea) or when I'm stressed. I noticed that if I pinch the top of my nose, like people stereotypically do when stressed, the tingling disappears momentarily. Perhaps I'm cutting off the blood flow to my nose?

That's why I think it's something to do with the pressure of my blood. Stress = inc. blood pressure = dilation of capillaries = nerves get pinched/warm = pain ? N.B. my nose is always red due to the rosacea type 1 and I find it strange that it doesn't get worse when I feel the tingling pain.

Has someone else experienced this and where does it lead? Please tell me this is not a precurser for type 3 or I'll probably die. I'm hoping it's a phase. Thanks.

P.S. I only use distilled/purified water and Soolantra as my regimen.

I guess I'm the only one with the problem then.

Anyway, the tingling has ceased for now. Meaning it lasted about 10 days or so since it began. No idea what caused it or why it ended so suddenly. Maybe because I've been drinking more water than a dehydrated camel. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    I guess I'm the only one with the problem then.

Anyway, the tingling has ceased for now. Meaning it lasted about 10 days or so since it began. No idea what caused it or why it ended so suddenly. Maybe because I've been drinking more water than a dehydrated camel. ;D
    I get tingling, but it signals that I am about to have a big flush. Did you have any other symptoms like nose swelling.

Quote Originally Posted by redtere View Post
    I get tingling, but it signals that I am about to have a big flush. Did you have any other symptoms like nose swelling.
    As far as I could tell, I didn't notice my nose swelling. I only had the tingling sensation and the feeling that there was a pressure on my nose. Made it seem 'heavy'. Sounds strange I know.

F*ck me. This comes back every fortnight for like 5 days and it makes no sense. Still drinking lots of water, but that doesn't seem to stop it from tingling like crazy. It would be naive to only blame it on stress imho. I'd say stress aggravates it for sure, but it certainly doesn't start it off. If only I could tear those nerve endings out of my nose because I would.

First time in over a month that the tingling feels like it's starting up again. Right before the holidays ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    First time in over a month that the tingling feels like it's starting up again. Right before the holidays ffs.
    Hi there I have a thing where my nose tingles and flushes every night. Like kfranke had said recently i think somewhere, I suspect what I have in my nose is really due to raynaud's / vasospasm and not so much rosacea. For me when I am having my period and my hormones are low, my nose is much warmer / stabler temp during the day and thus the nose flushing at night (when body temp naturally rises) is a lot less ... Versus when my estrogen is high during my cycle and my nose is like an iceberg during the day (I don't notice how cold it is unless I touch it) and then the rebound flushing at night is at its worst. That might be tmi, i don't know :p

Glasses during the day/afternoon for me make it worse because they pinch off circulation to my nose, making it more starved for oxygen / blood (I'm not sure if this is technically correct of course but this is what it feels like!)

Even if your nose doesn't flush per se, maybe it's a similar thing? My hands can tingle + get painful too from raynaud's, and they may or may not flush.

I've found out that 800 mg ibuprofen timed right can help a lot. I get a lot of the pressure feeling still in my nose, but it looks better ....

For me clonidine usage is what triggered my nose issues, so am trying to taper off it and onto nadolol (beta blocker). But I suspect other things might have a similar effect - very low carb diet, hypothyroid, caffeine, iodine deficiency, etc.

For me my nose can go from ice cold (and being red) to very hot (and being red or extra red) within a few seconds.

I'd be curious if you have Raynaud's / a "too cold" nose at times / if ibuprofen works for you / anything else!!

PS right now my nose is tingly / painful / too cold heh!
    Last edited by laser_cat; 19th December 2017 at 09:04 PM.

For me, the nose tingling is a lot less when I treat the demodex mites with almond oil/tea tree oil. You have to treat the hair as well really as just treating the face means the many mites in your hair will just migrate on to your face. Ears are a great place for mites to live as well.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    Hi there I have a thing where my nose tingles and flushes every night. Like kfranke had said recently i think somewhere, I suspect what I have in my nose is really due to raynaud's / vasospasm and not so much rosacea. For me when I am having my period and my hormones are low, my nose is much warmer / stabler temp during the day and thus the nose flushing at night (when body temp naturally rises) is a lot less ... Versus when my estrogen is high during my cycle and my nose is like an iceberg during the day (I don't notice how cold it is unless I touch it) and then the rebound flushing at night is at its worst. That might be tmi, i don't know :p

Glasses during the day/afternoon for me make it worse because they pinch off circulation to my nose, making it more starved for oxygen / blood (I'm not sure if this is technically correct of course but this is what it feels like!)

Even if your nose doesn't flush per se, maybe it's a similar thing? My hands can tingle + get painful too from raynaud's, and they may or may not flush.

I've found out that 800 mg ibuprofen timed right can help a lot. I get a lot of the pressure feeling still in my nose, but it looks better ....

For me clonidine usage is what triggered my nose issues, so am trying to taper off it and onto nadolol (beta blocker). But I suspect other things might have a similar effect - very low carb diet, hypothyroid, caffeine, iodine deficiency, etc.

I'd be curious if you have Raynaud's / a "too cold" nose at times / if ibuprofen works for you / anything else!!
    Well I certainly cannot relate to the first part lol. I've never taken clonidine.

Cold nose? Frequently. Also cold hands, so it might be secondary Reynaud's but nothing serious like those quasi frostbite pics you can find.

Interesting to have hypothyroidism pop up, because I'm borderline (under) when I last got tested.

I'll study how the blood vessels in the nose work and see exactly what vein is causing it. Maybe that will help to ease symptoms by strategically pinching it down. If not, then I can try ibuprufen like you said works.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    For me, the nose tingling is a lot less when I treat the demodex mites with almond oil/tea tree oil. You have to treat the hair as well really as just treating the face means the many mites in your hair will just migrate on to your face. Ears are a great place for mites to live as well.
    Well I have subtype 1 so I doubt it's the mites.

Yes I have subtype 1.