Thread: Needing advice and positivity :(

Default Needing advice and positivity :(

Hi all-

Newbie here. I've recently been diagnosed with Ocular rosacea. My situation is as follows:

My OR went undiagnosed for almost a year and got progressively worse. It began with an eyelid rash all over the upper eyelids. I thought it was eczema at the time, but it never really went away. Over a few months time, my eyes started to get dry. That progressed into a pretty bad dry eye state. I don't have any visible MG plugging, and my eyelid margins are not inflamed. The inflammation is on the underside of my eyelids themselves.

I've just been prescribed 100 mg doxy per day, in addition to my eyelid hygiene routine and Xiidra.

Does anyone have any ideas? Given that I don't have blocked MGs? How long should I give the doxy per day? Are there any other things to be trying?

I'm in a horrible mental state about all this as I fear that it went untreated and progressed so far. My tear film is pretty bad. I'm only 26 and fear what the rest of my life looks like now.
    Last edited by RBC17; 24th August 2017 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RBC17 View Post
    Hi all-

Newbie here. I've recently been diagnosed with Ocular rosacea. My situation is as follows:

My OR went undiagnosed for almost a year and got progressively worse. It began with an eyelid rash all over the upper eyelids. I thought it was eczema at the time, but it never really went away. Over a few months time, my eyes started to get dry. That progressed into a pretty bad dry eye state. I don't have any visible MG plugging, and my eyelid margins are not inflamed. The inflammation is on the underside of my eyelids themselves.

I've just been prescribed 100 mg doxy per day, in addition to my eyelid hygiene routine and Xiidra.

Does anyone have any ideas? Given that I don't have blocked MGs? How long should I give the doxy per day? Are there any other things to be trying?

I'm in a horrible mental state about all this as I fear that it went untreated and progressed so far. My tear film is pretty bad. I'm only 26 and fear what the rest of my life looks like now.
    I don't personally have ocular symptoms, so I can't give you an sort of specific advice on prescriptions or products to try. That being said, if it were me, I'd give the doxy about 2 weeks to show me some results and if I wasn't getting better, I'd go back to the doctor ASAP. Maybe go ahead and make a 2 week appointment now, just in case you need it. You can always cancel if you don't. Also, consider setting up another appointment with a different doc for a second opinion.

Hope you feel better soon!