Thread: Seb derm or rosacea P&P's?

Default Seb derm or rosacea P&P's?

Hi all,
    Diagnosed earlier this year with seb derm (concentrated on the hairline and eyebrows) and rosacea (type 1, but I think I may have graduated to P&Ps on my cheeks recently).

To be honest, I am struggling with managing this as the presentation/ symptoms always seem to be changing, it's a steep learning curve.

Last week I had quite bad flaking from seb derm and was using ACV wash, then rinsing/ cleansing. I then added topical vitamin B3 (niacinamide) to the face and would let dry.
    Within ~3 days the flaking cleared up and my skin felt really smooth and stopped feeling dry/ tight.

On day 6 I am noticing redness and bumps on my forehead (no flaking/ itching) and I am wondering if this is related to the seb derm or the presentation of P&P's from rosacea? Is it possible that I have helped relieve the symptoms of seb derm but this has aggravated/ progressed my rosacea?
    IMG_8108.jpg

Hopefully the image comes throught - this is my first post.
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by essemm5 View Post
    Hi all,
    Diagnosed earlier this year with seb derm (concentrated on the hairline and eyebrows) and rosacea (type 1, but I think I may have graduated to P&Ps on my cheeks recently).

To be honest, I am struggling with managing this as the presentation/ symptoms always seem to be changing, it's a steep learning curve.

Last week I had quite bad flaking from seb derm and was using ACV wash, then rinsing/ cleansing. I then added topical vitamin B3 (niacinamide) to the face and would let dry.
    Within ~3 days the flaking cleared up and my skin felt really smooth and stopped feeling dry/ tight.

On day 6 I am noticing redness and bumps on my forehead (no flaking/ itching) and I am wondering if this is related to the seb derm or the presentation of P&P's from rosacea? Is it possible that I have helped relieve the symptoms of seb derm but this has aggravated/ progressed my rosacea?
    IMG_8108.jpg

Hopefully the image comes throught - this is my first post.
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Not possible to diagnose from such a small pic. Please upload a large one to www.imgur.com.

Flaking suggests seb derm, but seb derm and Rosacea often go hand in hand. I myself had Rosacea Type 2 (pustular) caused by Demodex Mites, which also eventually caused seb derm in some places.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!