Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: zz cream otc???

Is this something similar to apprilon? Ir would replace it? Apprilon helps keep the postules at bay but does nothing for my extreme redness

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrs View Post
    Is this something similar to apprilon? Ir would replace it? Apprilon helps keep the postules at bay but does nothing for my extreme redness
    Not at all. A quick Google states that Apprilon is a tetracycline-based antibiotic. Very bad for you and your gut health. I had the same issues as you of no P&Ps but still having redness, over a course of 2 years that I unfortunately used the stuff (Tetralysal).

Antibiotics are treating the symptoms and not the cause, a plaster on a festering wound.

ZZ Cream is a treatment of the cause, Demodex Mites, by eliminating them, as well as the accompanying P&Ps and redness. I'm about 90 - 95% redness free now, permanently.

Although in some cases, Demodex Mites can become out of control due to immune system issues which often stem from poor gut health, meaning getting your body on the right, healthy track would be the ultimate treatment of the cause (of Demodex infestation/Demodex Rosacea), etc.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Not at all. A quick Google states that Apprilon is a tetracycline-based antibiotic. Very bad for you and your gut health. I had the same issues as you of no P&Ps but still having redness, over a course of 2 years that I unfortunately used the stuff (Tetralysal).

Antibiotics are treating the symptoms and not the cause, a plaster on a festering wound.

ZZ Cream is a treatment of the cause, Demodex Mites, by eliminating them, as well as the accompanying P&Ps and redness. I'm about 90 - 95% redness free now, permanently.

Although in some cases, Demodex Mites can become out of control due to immune system issues which often stem from poor gut health, meaning getting your body on the right, healthy track would be the ultimate treatment of the cause (of Demodex infestation/Demodex Rosacea), etc.
    I think Red Redcluse is spot on here.
    Getting at the demodex is the main objective. To do that we tackle the demodex directly and deal with gut health. Tetracylines are bad for gut health which means your immune system will always be weak which it turn means demodex will always get out of control. I was prescribed Oxytetracyline for 9 months and then tertralysil for another month before I went to a dermatologist myself (thus circumventing the NHS route which would have taken another 6 months for a single 15 minute meeting) who then diagnosed demodex. The GPs had therefore given me tetracylines for 10 mnths blindly without knowing what the problem was before a dermatologist found the cause. And the GPs treatment actually made the problem worse in so far as my immune system issues were never dealt with. It still angers me now (as this was only on Oct 2017!!) but it is better that I do what I have to do for my health than take the GPs to task.

Going back to this, finding something to kill the demodex is key. ZZ cream works for many. I used it too .... in conjunction with sulphur soap, though I think I did too much too fast with the result that my skin reacted to the sulphur soap and had an allergic reaction (eczema break out!!). That said, my skin is almost perfect now (touch wood) ... I suspect that the combination of ZZ and sulphur soap has killed a lot of demodex. The dryness has gone, the balance is back. I have not used ZZ cream for a couple of weeks now, nor the sulphur soap for around 8 days. I think I will wait another week or so and then only use the soap in oily zones (because it does completely remove the oli) and the ZZ cream on affected spot area (thankfully only 2 small areas now). I think the ZZ worked, though it is hard to say whether the sulphur soap was the main driver of that. The soap certainly caused the dry skin eczema rash, though I think if I had used the soap 3 times a week only, I would have avoided the rash.

I have also been using Soolantra - it has worked but then causes the skin to become very oily. I have reduced the amount I use and now don't apply it where there is a white head with the aim that I want to dry that bit of the skin out. The redness is much less there. I should also add that I have discovered that in some of the areas of the face that I was applying the Soolantra to which were red, that was dead skin and applying the Soolantra caused the dead skin to become inflamed and itchy!! Now that I know that, I am working on drying those bits out and slowly over a number of days just removing/eroding the dead skin.

I am also making sure I eat healthy, no sugar, yeast, alcohol, dairy, gluten. Pure vegan infact. Plus I've been taking a probiotic for the past 5 weeks too, just to improve gut health. And no more antibiotics at all now!!

Overall, and I guess this is due to something Red Recluse said a couple of weeks back, I am letting my skin heal and restore its natural balance and not going too fast with any product.

One last point .... during that 10 months when I was on Oxytetracyline, I was eating a lot of Marmite - as I am veggie, I need to get my vit B12 from somewhere and that is a good source. I was diagnosed as B12 deficient in Sept 2016 and in late Nov 2016 had a breakout of what seemed like acne, but which I now realise was demodex. Anyway, because of my B12 deficiency, I guess my immune system became really weak. I had to have 6 injections of B12 over 3 weeks in Oct/Nov 2016. So I ate loads of Marmite to boost my B12. As I got into 2017, I noticed that whenever I ate Marmite, my skin would get worse, I would get more red spots around the edges of the face and forehead. So by April 2017, I decided to cut back on the Marmite and I noticed that when I did, the spots would clear up. I could not understand why. It was only when the dermatologist identified demodex as the cause of the problem in Oct 2017, and then reading about demodex that they love sugar and yeast, that I realised that I had been feeding the demodex by eating Marmite!!! It goes back to the GPs - had they identified the cause of the skin problem in Nov 2016, I would have avoided yeast, sugar, tetracylines from that date and I would have been further up the road to conquering the issue.

But I am glad I have reached the point I have, however circuitous the route!!

I have to say I found this forum around 3 weeks ago and the info here is brill. Well informed and intelligent. And you can read what works and what doesn't. Had I not come here I would never have got ZZ & Sulphur soap and I suspect I would still be going round in circles.
    Last edited by KSD69; 24th March 2018 at 11:13 AM.

http://www.demodexsolutions.com/zhon...t-zz-cream.asp

Is this the right page to buy ZZ Cream?

Quote Originally Posted by KSD69 View Post
    <snip>

Quote Originally Posted by Ralbihn View Post
    http://www.demodexsolutions.com/zhon...t-zz-cream.asp

Is this the right page to buy ZZ Cream?
    Yes.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!