Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Please take a look at this...

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimismum View Post
    Hi,
    Did you put sunscreen on your face before sun exposure ? Did you get a sunburn 8 days ago?

    Your story is very similar to mine with same symptoms. It all began a sunny day, i was out and stay face to the sun for 2 hours without sunscreen. When I came back to home I noticed my cheeks, nose and forehead were red, not all my face, but just localized red areas (like a sunburn).
    At the beginning, I was thinking it will fade, like a classic sunburn. But after two weeks, the red stayed like the first day and my skin became crazy ( itchy, burning, scaliness, very sensitive = water from shower on my face enhanced the red).
    I went to a dermatologist and he diagnosed me rosacea (sub 1)+ SD.

    It's been 2 years now, and I try to manage it, but the redness is very difficult to eradicate. I'm thinking about laser. For the redness, my theory is that the sun has dilated irreversibly my capillaries. So i'm now considering laser.
    Now, advices part :
    - never go out in sunny days without sunscreen and/or hat.
    - visit a derm and get a diagnostic, but be careful to what he/she can prescribe you, if the derm prescribe you Mirvaso or any steroid cream say NO, this will probably worsen the situation.
    - try to wash your face with mineral water (bottle) very gently. Lukewarm.
    - come back here and update us what your derm said


    Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Hi! Yes, I was pretty dumb and went out three days in a row with no sunscreen. The derm diagnosed me with the "acne rosacea" subtype and prescribed me metronidazole topical 1% gel (not a steroid) and doxycycline to take orally for 10 days. I used the gel after washing my face this morning with a gentle cleanser sample she gave me and it definitely did take away the instant burning sensation I was feeling. I'm hopeful this is going to do something.

    Thanks for the advice!

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    201
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjsaunde View Post
    I appreciate the insight! And thank you very much! I'm feeling nice and ugly with this happening to my face but you made my day haha.

    The burning and redness does diminish a bit throughout the day but it definitely is still there. If I get hot, wash my face, shower, etc. it gets more red and inflamed though. I feel like I need to stick my face by a fan. When you went to the derm and they diagnosed you, how long did it take using whatever they gave you for the flare up to relax a bit?
    Trust me, I get what you mean about feeling ugly. Ugh. I hate this crap so much. But seriously, you aren't ugly. I know that doesn't always help to hear, but it's true! 😊

    Anyway. Unfortunately, nothing my dermatologist has given me has helped with my redness. I've been living with this for years, and after trying various things I've come to the conclusion that my condition is entirely vascular; no cream/medication is going to help it, and therefore I've opted to try out a laser treatment and see if it helps. I will say my redness is less noticeable than it once was, though, and I owe this to red/amber light therapy and just gentle skin care in general.

    I would do what your derm suggests and see if anything he/she prescribes you will help. Best of luck to you!

    -Katie

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Trust me, I get what you mean about feeling ugly. Ugh. I hate this crap so much. But seriously, you aren't ugly. I know that doesn't always help to hear, but it's true! 😊

    Anyway. Unfortunately, nothing my dermatologist has given me has helped with my redness. I've been living with this for years, and after trying various things I've come to the conclusion that my condition is entirely vascular; no cream/medication is going to help it, and therefore I've opted to try out a laser treatment and see if it helps. I will say my redness is less noticeable than it once was, though, and I owe this to red/amber light therapy and just gentle skin care in general.

    I would do what your derm suggests and see if anything he/she prescribes you will help. Best of luck to you!

    -Katie
    Thanks girl! I'm sorry that nothing has been working for the redness Are you always a little bumpy too? Personally, I'd take looking like a tomato over that awful skin texture any day haha but the irritation that comes with the redness is absolutely no fun.

    Today (day 4 of doxy and metrogel) is the first day I haven't had a moment where my skin felt like it was on fire. The irritation has gone down significantly and the little baby under the skin bumps are drying up more each day. I'll insert some pics below.. I just have mascara on and am about to go out to dinner with my boyfriend's family. I'm not supposed to eat dairy products while on the doxy and am going to a pizza place so this shall be fun

    I'm just grateful to be feeling relief for the time being!

    IMG_3869.JPGIMG_3868.JPG

  4. #14
    Senior Member Senbonzakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    100
    Country: UK

    Default

    You look totally awesome! I wouldn't be able to tell there was anything wrong with your skin at all!

    How did the pizza go down?

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Senbonzakura View Post
    You look totally awesome! I wouldn't be able to tell there was anything wrong with your skin at all!

    How did the pizza go down?
    Why thank you! Honestly, it is hard to capture what it looks like in the picture with the lighting and all but definitely still dealin with stuff.. mainly on that right side.

    I picked the cheese off my pizza so it was basically just bread and sauce but it was still delicious haha.
    Last edited by kjsaunde; 11th August 2017 at 01:11 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Senbonzakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    100
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjsaunde View Post
    Why thank you! Honestly, it is hard to capture what it looks like in the picture with the lighting and all but definitely still dealin with stuff.. mainly on that right side.

    I picked the cheese off my pizza so it was basically just bread and sauce but it was still delicious haha.
    Hahaha, tomato bread...nice!

    Each individual dealing with this thinks that their case is bad but I think that sometimes people just need a little encouragement to get on with things as usual.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •