Thread: Is this likely to be Ocular Rosacea?

Default Is this likely to be Ocular Rosacea?

I've had Rosacea for many years, flushing especially, and occasionally get flare-ups of papules on my cheeks, which I treat with prescribed Skinoren. Over the past few months my eyes, my right eye in particular, feel itchy and dry during the day, and, if I wake at night, I often can't open my eyes as the lids are stuck. In the morning I have a lot of crusty dryness around the lids. Another thing is that three of my eyelashes on my right eye have lost their colour and are now white.

I haven't been to the GP about this as yet, but am wondering if it might be Ocular Rosacea. Should I go to the GP and, if I do, what treatment is he likely to offer?
    Last edited by Genevieve; 1st August 2017 at 06:27 PM.

It's likely that demodex and their debris have plugged your meibomian glands.

How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Thank you both for your replies. I've made an appointment with my GP so, hopefully, will get it sorted. And thanks for the information about demodex, something I had never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
    Thank you both for your replies. I've made an appointment with my GP so, hopefully, will get it sorted. And thanks for the information about demodex, something I had never heard of.
    Don't worry, most GPs and derms haven't either.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!