Thread: Poll - What Rosacea subtype did you have that caused Rhinophyma

Default Poll - What Rosacea subtype did you have that caused Rhinophyma

Hi all.
    Can you post your Rosacea subtype that brought on Rhinophyma.
    According to journals I have read, it is much more likely to start after sub type 2 but again this may be a myth. It will be interesting to find out if is more common in people who only have flushing or pustules.papules/both.

Me, type 1 flushing, never had any pustules/papules, just severe nose flushing that brings on the swelling.

I don't think there is any rule about subtypes bring on type4.
    There's no rule at all you can get any sub type at any time before any of the others and it doesn't mean me you will get any of the others. They use to think that many years ago that one leads to another like its a chain 1234 but truth is now that all the top dermatoligst know now that none of that is true. You could get type 4 and no redness or P&Ps or ocular. Vice versa

Subtype 1

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    I don't think there is any rule about subtypes bring on type4.
    There's no rule at all you can get any sub type at any time before any of the others and it doesn't mean me you will get any of the others. They use to think that many years ago that one leads to another like its a chain 1234 but truth is now that all the top dermatoligst know now that none of that is true. You could get type 4 and no redness or P&Ps or ocular. Vice versa
    Raymond is correct. There is now a better classification Phenotypes, which has improved the treatment protocols.

https://irosacea.org/phenotypes
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I have read numerous citations and studies where both researchers and Doctors have proposed that Rhinophyma is not rosacea, it can be related to and go hand-in-hand but it is not, by itself, as a stand alone, rosacea.

This is largely based on clinical experience and records of many men having Rhinophyma with NO other rosacea symptoms on the face. No flushing, papules or pustules. Also noted, is that Rosacea is much more common in women than men but women very rarely ever experience Rhinophyma. Men suffer from Rhinophyma much, much more than women, yet women suffer from Rosacea as a whole, much, much more than men. It simply does not add up in many Doctor’s and researcher’s eyes.

Not stating this as fact but as an opinion from some Doctors and researchers in the field.