Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Amber led??

Default Redman Amber/Red Light

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    This might be a stupid q, but is more power necessarily better? (ie, might someone get more flushing with more power?) do we have to increase distance/time to compensate?

Thank you for posting the picture!!

//Lizzy
    Hi All,

I was just thinking the exact same thing, Lizzy

The Dual Care is 50% Red (630) and 50% Amber (589).
    The Redman is 75% Red (630, 660, 680) and 25% Orange (610).

Seems mighty powerful to me.
    I get a mild flush for about an hour with the Pure Red (630) @ 3mins held 2-3" away from the skin.
    Been using it for 2 mos. starting at 30 secs about 6" away from the skin.

Never got a flush from the Dual Care.

We are all unique in our rosacea presentations and reactivity.

Interestingly, when I contacted the major laser center in Vancouver, I asked them if they had any experience with LED light therapy.
    They told me that they had no experience with Red Light, but used Amber Light post some laser treatments for its anti-inflammatory properties.
    Perhaps, that is why the Amber is known for its calming abilities??

Bluedog

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    That...is...insane. Wow. It's a damn shame I'm from the US and can't order this light.

Would you say you've had noticeable results in reducing redness with this more powerful light?
    Well, I see progress (better than DualCare) but I still do not know what distance from the face is the best. It is long process as to see worse\better effect takes few weeks of regular use in one position.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    This might be a stupid q, but is more power necessarily better? (ie, might someone get more flushing with more power?) do we have to increase distance/time to compensate?

Thank you for posting the picture!!

//Lizzy
    Lizzy, it is not laser, more power will not hurt you as you can easily compensate distance. Example your goal is to give treatment of total value of 30 Joules. Having more power gives you possibility to reduce time of treatment to example 30 seconds instead of 3 minutes. With more power you are free to modify your settings for personal experience.
    Personally I am beginning to do 1.5 minutes treatments for whole face from distance about 10-15 cm, then from about 5-10 cm each side of cheek for 30 seconds. So, it looks like whole-face, right cheek, nose, left cheek. Total 3 minutes.
    Here is nice explained of dosage: https://redlightman.com/blog/complet...herapy-dosing/

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Hi All,

I was just thinking the exact same thing, Lizzy

The Dual Care is 50% Red (630) and 50% Amber (589).
    The Redman is 75% Red (630, 660, 680) and 25% Orange (610).

Seems mighty powerful to me.
    I get a mild flush for about an hour with the Pure Red (630) @ 3mins held 2-3" away from the skin.
    Been using it for 2 mos. starting at 30 secs about 6" away from the skin.

Never got a flush from the Dual Care.

We are all unique in our rosacea presentations and reactivity.

Interestingly, when I contacted the major laser center in Vancouver, I asked them if they had any experience with LED light therapy.
    They told me that they had no experience with Red Light, but used Amber Light post some laser treatments for its anti-inflammatory properties.
    Perhaps, that is why the Amber is known for its calming abilities??

Bluedog
    My main problem is redness, as flushing was eliminated almost 100% by IPL sessions. I have never used pure red device so I cannot say, but my one from Redman (red-orange) gives me no flushing comeback whatsoever. Neither DualCare. Perhaps you would use device from long distance or get one with amber light.
    Regarding orange and its calming effect, I read that too on American Medical NCBI site where it was stated that amber light indeed has calming effect. I do not know it means physically redness reduction or just calming redness which was added over redness which we already have (by example eating spicy food, stress, flush).

To be clear, I am not denying SmarterLights product. I am sure it works too but my personal opinion is that it is a bit too weak in power for redness (skin care as total). Whatever I say regarding both devices I do that by my own experience, somebody may have better results than me and would disagree with my opinion as everybody is different and rosacea except fundamental basics is never the same for people.
    Last edited by Forsberg; 7th August 2017 at 05:30 AM.

I too think power is needed for sure. Yes might get a flush after ...I do after pure red. However in the long run I want he light to be powerful enough to work and control inflammation. Any type of heat on my skin make it red but long term benfits I have not experienced yet from pure red or led man red light.
    I think the 4 different lights is a great idea and I have my fingers crossed!
    But who knows? I will pay million bucks to fix this crap

Also I have not seen any negative Info about being on medication while using LED.
    A lot of rosacea sufferers are on doxy or accutane or other types of meds...so does anyone know if it's safe to use led while on these meds as some are photosensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    I too think power is needed for sure. Yes might get a flush after ...I do after pure red. However in the long run I want he light to be powerful enough to work and control inflammation. Any type of heat on my skin make it red but long term benfits I have not experienced yet from pure red or led man red light.
    I think the 4 different lights is a great idea and I have my fingers crossed!
    But who knows? I will pay million bucks to fix this crap
    At Thursday I am going for Cutera Excel V laser treatment to speed removing redness up. Doctor said that after they use LED lamp to prevent inflammation and help skin to recovery. It is the first time I see that doc's office use LED lamps as therapy.

Regarding meds, they are photosensitive to UV light I think, red light lamp does not give any UV spectrum. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to sit at home where is lot of light of different type.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
    At Thursday I am going for Cutera Excel V laser treatment to speed removing redness up. Doctor said that after they use LED lamp to prevent inflammation and help skin to recovery. It is the first time I see that doc's office use LED lamps as therapy.

Regarding meds, they are photosensitive to UV light I think, red light lamp does not give any UV spectrum. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to sit at home where is lot of light of different type.
    Hi Forsberg,

Which color LED light are they using at the laser clinic to prevent inflammation and accelerate skin healing?
    Best of luck w/ the Excel V treatment.
    I have read many success stories on it usefulness.

Thx,

Bluedog

I was reading that Amber light helps broken caps! If so that's what in need. Broken caps are my biggest problem with surrounding redness.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post

Please update us on how you do with the Excel V. I am very interested in this laser, possibly even considering trying it out myself one day. It has a 100 percent worth it rating on Real Self (not that that REALLY says anything, I suppose...) and I've found a few threads on here where people have said they had a lot of success with it. Some even said they thought it did more for them than V Beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Hi Forsberg,

Which color LED light are they using at the laser clinic to prevent inflammation and accelerate skin healing?
    Best of luck w/ the Excel V treatment.
    I have read many success stories on it usefulness.

Thx,

Bluedog
    Thay use combination of three at one time. 30% of 415nm, 30% of 830nm and 100% of 635nm. That all for 15 minutes at about 5-10 cm from face.

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Please update us on how you do with the Excel V. I am very interested in this laser, possibly even considering trying it out myself one day. It has a 100 percent worth it rating on Real Self (not that that REALLY says anything, I suppose...) and I've found a few threads on here where people have said they had a lot of success with it. Some even said they thought it did more for them than V Beam.
    It's done, I wait for results later, but the treatment itself was a painful for me. More than IPL sessions.

im still waiting on my led from redlightman but tonight I used pure red and left it for 5mins in each check area and really put it close and it was hot but I think it works better when very close to skin.