Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Amber led??

Quote Originally Posted by JennAdeleK View Post
    Good morning, Raymond!

You must've been reading my mind, because I knew I was due to post an update.

The blue light is going great! I'm actually totally shocked (it wasn't something I would've considered adding to my routine on my own). I do my red light for 5 minutes first, then switch to the blue for 3 minutes. I'm currently using both 2x per day.

The derm wanted me to use blue after the red to essentially "make my skin barrier more resilient and balance my microbiome." According to the derm, rosacea folks tend to have a weakened barrier, which leads to a lot of environmental sensitivity and a greater risk of infection.

While my red light seems to handle any inflammation well (decreased pinkness/redness, itching, burning, and the occasional bumps are pretty much gone), the blue light seems to tone down the circulation increase I get after red light. The blue light does also appear to be making me less sensitive to environmental stimulation (stong perfumes worn by others, increased heat and sun tolerance, and I'm starting to feel more comfortable with bug sprays and basic cleaning products that have mild scent). Plus, the tone and texture of my skin is becoming more even (I do have a fairly even tone anyway, but I'm noticing a positive difference on top of that).

So, I would say that I'm still seeing the biggest benefits from red light therapy, but adding in the blue light therapy took the power of red up a notch. I plan to continue with both, as this is giving me the best results so far.

Hope that helps. I'm only a week in... so that's 14 treatments. I didn't see the biggest results start to emerge from red light until the first month. It might be that blue light still has more to show me.
    Hey Jenn, how is the blue light doing, I'm not seeing any more extra benifit compared to red. I am still using red - blue but I think it's The red that only helps.
    My smarterlights Amber/red comes in tomorrow or next Monday so I'm happy to try that as I like the smarterlights brand.

Hey hungryalpaca, are you still going ok with the redlightman box?
    My smarterlights are not working as good as they use to.

Iím guessing that the no replying is a good thing! Maybe results are working and less on this forum lol.
    I tried the mask for almost 2months with not much results. Red and blue.
    I have tried the redman box prior to using the mask for few months and the only benifit I got was nice plump skin, not much for redness.
    Itís been a week and a half since using smarterlights pure red and my face is calmer then it was trying the Amber or blue / different devices. I think I will just Still to red light only and keep on it. I see results but there not as good as I want and have tryed a lot of different lights so far and so I think Iíll stick to red. Each to there own as everyoneís face is different.

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    Iím guessing that the no replying is a good thing! Maybe results are working and less on this forum lol.
    I tried the mask for almost 2months with not much results. Red and blue.
    I have tried the redman box prior to using the mask for few months and the only benifit I got was nice plump skin, not much for redness.
    Itís been a week and a half since using smarterlights pure red and my face is calmer then it was trying the Amber or blue / different devices. I think I will just Still to red light only and keep on it. I see results but there not as good as I want and have tryed a lot of different lights so far and so I think Iíll stick to red. Each to there own as everyoneís face is different.
    Hi Raymond,

Sorry about the late reply! December was super busy so I haven't been checking the forum.

That's unfortunate about the mask, I too was looking into the LED masks on Amazon and AliExpress before getting the RedLightMan LED.

Do you have issues with both flushing as well as persistent redness? Or is it just the persistent redness that's an issue?

I'm still using the RedLightMan LED twice a day. Its been just over 4 months now. The benefits have definitely plateaued over the last month or so though. Flushing was always my biggest issue and I can confidently say the LED light has significantly reduced the severity. I can live a somewhat normal life without having to worry about all the normal triggers like rooms with central heating, drinking coffee, eating in restaurants, stressful environments, warm cars, direct sunlight etc.

At this point I will continue to use the LED light daily to keep my flushing at bay.

The persistent redness is still there (albeit minor) and still annoys me, so this year I plan to have a session or two of IPL to see if it can even out my skin tone a bit. The quotes I have had from local clinics are around $1,000NZD ($700USD) per session, so not cheap.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by HungryAlpaca View Post
    Hi Raymond,

Sorry about the late reply! December was super busy so I haven't been checking the forum.

That's unfortunate about the mask, I too was looking into the LED masks on Amazon and AliExpress before getting the RedLightMan LED.

Do you have issues with both flushing as well as persistent redness? Or is it just the persistent redness that's an issue?

I'm still using the RedLightMan LED twice a day. Its been just over 4 months now. The benefits have definitely plateaued over the last month or so though. Flushing was always my biggest issue and I can confidently say the LED light has significantly reduced the severity. I can live a somewhat normal life without having to worry about all the normal triggers like rooms with central heating, drinking coffee, eating in restaurants, stressful environments, warm cars, direct sunlight etc.

At this point I will continue to use the LED light daily to keep my flushing at bay.

The persistent redness is still there (albeit minor) and still annoys me, so this year I plan to have a session or two of IPL to see if it can even out my skin tone a bit. The quotes I have had from local clinics are around $1,000NZD ($700USD) per session, so not cheap.

Matt
    Thatís awesome news about the flushing! One less thing too worry about sounds good to me. Iím glad itís helping. Yeh persistent redness is hard to treat huh. I still struggle but itís not getting worse so thatís good. I still would like to have more normal skin tone. Make sure your local clinics are doctors and have experience. Lasers can be risky! I know from first hand experience. Just make sure you happy with the people that are doing it and go slow I guess. Iíll never touch one again but some people I guess just get the unlucky end of the stick with laser.

Hey so I just got a email from smarterlights that they will be taking one last order from customers before May the 7th and then they will not be making any more lights. Iím a bit bummed about this as I still use the pure red daily. Kinda sucks that they wonít make anymore!

Hey so I just got a email from smarterlights that they will be taking one last order from customers before May the 7th and then they will not be making any more lights. I’m a bit bummed about this as I still use the pure red daily. Kinda sucks that they won’t make anymore!
    Got the same email, and it is sad. I'm also still using my Pure Red daily. But, I bought a red light from Red Light Man for one of my cats (for at-home treatment of a chronic granuloma complex), and that light also seems very powerful. I've tested it on myself, as well, and have found it equally effective. And, my cat is doing great with it, too.

Waffle2.jpg

The little orange kitty is my Waffle, and the larger dark kitty is Queen Dahlia. This pic was taken just a couple months ago, right before Waffle was diagnosed. You can't see the granuloma's because they are under the fur, but they itch and can get red, raised, and crusty. The red light brings it all back under control for him.

Yeh they say the lifetime warranty will still be covered. I was going to buy another but I guess I will just keep this one with itís warranty and buy elsewhere if needed. Not sure how long this light will last. Carnt last forever lol. I still use x2 5mins session daily. 10cm away from my skin. Keeps it under control! But with good diet and less stress I can manage my rosacea so itís not horrible. Still crappy skin but not a nightmare. I use rosacea ltd disk as well so combo of stuff is good to tackle this problem. No such thing as a cure for me.

Yeh they say the lifetime warranty will still be covered. I was going to buy another but I guess I will just keep this one with it’s warranty and buy elsewhere if needed. Not sure how long this light will last. Carnt last forever lol. I still use x2 5mins session daily. 10cm away from my skin. Keeps it under control! But with good diet and less stress I can manage my rosacea so it’s not horrible. Still crappy skin but not a nightmare. I use rosacea ltd disk as well so combo of stuff is good to tackle this problem. No such thing as a cure for me.
    Yeah, as the old saying goes, nothing lasts forever.

As for me, right now I'm doing my raw honey wash and aloe vera gel 2x per day, red light therapy 1x per day (PM) for 5-7 minutes, and Finacea 15% gel Rx 1x per day (AM).

My diet is balanced, I exercise regularly, and I try to keep stress to a minimum (as much as is realistic while still getting out there and living my life). All in all, it seems to be going well. I only see my derm once every 6 months just to check in.

I did also manage to travel again without a lot of fear/anxiety/stress cropping up. Here's a recent pic of me and Jeff in Senoia:

senoia1.jpg

Yep, we are Walking Dead fans. LOL! Hope all is well with you!