Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Amber led??

Quote Originally Posted by JennAdeleK View Post
    Yeah, it's really hard on the body. Are you trying to quit again?
    100% yes!

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    100% yes!
    That's amazing! I watched my dad quit smoking when I was a teenager, and he really struggled with it... but he did manage to do it and has been smoke-free for the better part of 20 years. I understand how hard it can be, and I applaud you for the effort!

@Jenn If you use light therapy twice per day, then when do you actually use it? Once in the morning and once at night?

I was wondering if skin absorbs light better/worse at certain hours. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but if true, then it would make the RLT a bit* more efficient since the skin could have a greater receptivity. Basically, I doubt that the light sensitive cells in the skin are always going at 100% throughout the day. Usually hormones (e.g. melatonin) kick in towards the night to make us tired and 'shut down' and that probably (???) happens to the skin cells especially since our system wouldn't think that we'd get ANY light since it's dark outdoors and we won't be able to produce vitamin D etc. Same goes for very early mornings since everything needs to boot up to a better efficiency.

My theory is that maybe 12-16:00 is the best time for LLLT. It might not be practical in the slightest, but I can't shake the thought that doing it right before/after sleeping is more inefficient compared to the middle of the day. Also, doesn't it affect your sleep; shining a light into your eyes right before going to sleep?

*since RLT seems to help at any hour anyway, the skin must have great absorption rates all the time. So we're talking perhaps +10% efficiency here and not +50%.

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    @Jenn If you use light therapy twice per day, then when do you actually use it? Once in the morning and once at night?

I was wondering if skin absorbs light better/worse at certain hours. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but if true, then it would make the RLT a bit* more efficient since the skin could have a greater receptivity. Basically, I doubt that the light sensitive cells in the skin are always going at 100% throughout the day. Usually hormones (e.g. melatonin) kick in towards the night to make us tired and 'shut down' and that probably (???) happens to the skin cells especially since our system wouldn't think that we'd get ANY light since it's dark outdoors and we won't be able to produce vitamin D etc. Same goes for very early mornings since everything needs to boot up to a better efficiency.

My theory is that maybe 12-16:00 is the best time for LLLT. It might not be practical in the slightest, but I can't shake the thought that doing it right before/after sleeping is more inefficient compared to the middle of the day. Also, doesn't it affect your sleep; shining a light into your eyes right before going to sleep?

*since RLT seems to help at any hour anyway, the skin must have great absorption rates all the time. So we're talking perhaps +10% efficiency here and not +50%.

I use mine right after I wash my face in the morning and right after I shower in the evening.

After my last treatment of Excel-V laser I no longer use my LLLT device against redness as I see no point of doing it in the current stadium of my color.
    LLLT helped me to maintain acceptable redness level but real breakthrough was Excel-V which made my skin few tones brighter to the point nobody can find anything wrong with (at least not skin illness).
    I am gonna keep device just in case but for now I am quite happy for the results both treatments gave. I may use LLLT against wrinkles though, as I do care about appearance and want to preserve youth of my skin as long as possible.
    For those who have problem with serious redness I may advice to go for laser treatment which is safe in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by JennAdeleK View Post
    I use mine right after I wash my face in the morning and right after I shower in the evening.
    Okay, thank you.

I am gonna keep device just in case but for now I am quite happy for the results both treatments gave. I may use LLLT against wrinkles though, as I do care about appearance and want to preserve youth of my skin as long as possible.
    For those who have problem with serious redness I may advice to go for laser treatment which is safe in most cases.
    First I'm going to try light therapy (at least until March) and then laser if there is no improvement to the rosacea/acne... I'm trying to do one thing at a time to eliminate certain treatments. Wouldn't make sense if I did all at once because I'd never know which worked. But I'm definitely going to use laser one day even if it kills me.

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Okay, thank you.

First I'm going to try light therapy (at least until March) and then laser if there is no improvement to the rosacea/acne... I'm trying to do one thing at a time to eliminate certain treatments. Wouldn't make sense if I did all at once because I'd never know which worked. But I'm definitely going to use laser one day even if it kills me.
    Good idea, stick to light therapy and see how you go. Takes time but hopefully it's all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
    After my last treatment of Excel-V laser I no longer use my LLLT device against redness as I see no point of doing it in the current stadium of my color.
    LLLT helped me to maintain acceptable redness level but real breakthrough was Excel-V which made my skin few tones brighter to the point nobody can find anything wrong with (at least not skin illness).

it is so wonderful that you have had successful excel v result!

would you please share more info about this laser place and doc name? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    I just ordered the mask that twinklepurple used. Face mask with 3 colours - blue / red / green.
    It's cheap! 60 us coz it's made in China of course but I have always wanted a mask as its close to the skin and you can leave it on and watch tv or whatever you want. I look forward to adding the blue and see how things go! Twinklepurple got a amazing results with it so I'm keen to give it a go. I'll still use pure red until then but I'm looking forward to it. Plus saved hundreds of dollars 😂😂

i am very interested in this mask too. can you please share a link to this product site? thanks.

Default A word of caution

I would be wary of that post Twinklepurple made earlier this year about her success with the mask. Those before and afters seemed too perfect, and also, I was able to find that exact before and after image on a Google search one day. I don't remember what I was researching, but I certainlyremember seeing it. Not saying the mask won't help, but I'm just saying I am doubtful that that woman's results were achieved as a result of LLLT.