Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Amber led??

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    Hey matt, how is the a Amber / red combo going?

Hey Jenn , what do you mean by strong? If used for too long does it irritated or make skin red. I always wondered if it had a calming but I have heard nothing that says it does.
    I guess by strong I mean a few of things:

1. The bulb head seems to get warmer than the red light bulbs do.

2. It tends to have a mildly drying effect on my skin, if used for too long (I've played around with times, stretching and shortening to see what happens and find my own personal best parameters). Believe me, a minute on each surface area is plenty.

3. I can feel the blue light on my skin more pronounced than the red, and I can tell it is doing something almost immediately.

Hey matt, how is the a Amber / red combo going?

Hey Jenn , what do you mean by strong? If used for too long does it irritated or make skin red. I always wondered if it had a calming but I have heard nothing that says it does.
    Hey Raymond, thanks for asking. The Amber/red light is going great. My flushing is becoming less and less each week now. Before I started RLT I couldn't be in a room warmer than 16 degrees Celsius without flushing. I work in an office and I virtually had to have a fan on my face all day. I haven't had to use my fan for the last two weeks now, which is amazing!

My baseline persistent redness is still there however, but I can see it is gradually fading - not quite as dramatic an improvement as I am seeing with flushing. Maybe the Amber/red is better for flushing and the pure-red is better for persistent redness? Not sure...

Hopefully it will continue to improve over the next month or two.

I'm still doing 12mins a day (two 6min sessions, morning and evening). I haven't missed a session yet, so I am thinking consistency is key to getting results.

Hey Jenn, thanks for that. Yes I'm ordering next week and I'll see how it goes, I'm hoping the drying effect can help my oily skin! My oily skin causes a lot of my redness issues and I can never be rid of it. So it's worth a shot.

Hey matt, that's good buddy! Yeh I have been using pure red only for a while and it seems to calm it down but then some days it just goes back to red..?? So it's not s miricle cure but it does help. Whenever i have a bad day I seem to change to Amber / red and it just seems to make me skin worse now. Even tho you need to use the Amber / red for long too see but it seems pure red I see results a bit faster so I'm not sure about the Amber / red.

I think LED lights are a must for red skin....but choosing which one and the time you use it for and distance is a little annoying 😂.

Hey Jenn, thanks for that. Yes I'm ordering next week and I'll see how it goes, I'm hoping the drying effect can help my oily skin! My oily skin causes a lot of my redness issues and I can never be rid of it. So it's worth a shot.

Hey matt, that's good buddy! Yeh I have been using pure red only for a while and it seems to calm it down but then some days it just goes back to red..?? So it's not s miricle cure but it does help. Whenever i have a bad day I seem to change to Amber / red and it just seems to make me skin worse now. Even tho you need to use the Amber / red for long too see but it seems pure red I see results a bit faster so I'm not sure about the Amber / red.

I think LED lights are a must for red skin....but choosing which one and the time you use it for and distance is a little annoying 😂.
    I agree with you... it takes a lot of playing around with the lights at first to find what is optimum for each individual.

I carnt get my hands on the blue led from smarterlights as they have non in stock or made for atleast 4 weeks and then it takes 2 weeks to get send to me. 6 weeks so I might look else where to buy a blue light.

I carnt get my hands on the blue led from smarterlights as they have non in stock or made for atleast 4 weeks and then it takes 2 weeks to get send to me. 6 weeks so I might look else where to buy a blue light.
    WOW! Yeah, I just popped by their website and saw they were sold out for the moment. I totally can understand why. These lights work hella well. I had my follow up with the new derm here in GA yesterday, and it's going great thus far. She's super pleased and wants me to continue on doing both the red and blue lights, as I have been for the past 3 weeks or so.

I can now comprehensively recommend folks who have subtype 1 (and even subtype 2, as when mine was flared I'd get some spots) giving this a shot, if they are curious about it possibly helping them.

Going back to the derm for a full-body preventative skin screening in early December. My mom had skin cancer, with lymph node involvement (I remember how scary that was when I was growing up), and I have a long history of sun exposure from working in the field with wildlife... so, yeah, I like to just stay on top of that, too. But, I'm also assuming the derm will do another rosacea check while I'm there, as well.

Blessings!!!

I just ordered the mask that twinklepurple used. Face mask with 3 colours - blue / red / green.
    It's cheap! 60 us coz it's made in China of course but I have always wanted a mask as its close to the skin and you can leave it on and watch tv or whatever you want. I look forward to adding the blue and see how things go! Twinklepurple got a amazing results with it so I'm keen to give it a go. I'll still use pure red until then but I'm looking forward to it. Plus saved hundreds of dollars 😂😂

I just ordered the mask that twinklepurple used. Face mask with 3 colours - blue / red / green.
    It's cheap! 60 us coz it's made in China of course but I have always wanted a mask as its close to the skin and you can leave it on and watch tv or whatever you want. I look forward to adding the blue and see how things go! Twinklepurple got a amazing results with it so I'm keen to give it a go. I'll still use pure red until then but I'm looking forward to it. Plus saved hundreds of dollars 😂😂
    Please, check back in and let us all know how it works for you!

My face at a few good months where was Paler. My confidence went up and I started going out more. Casual smoking has returned some of my redness and not even the LED can Calm it down at the moment. Hopefully the blue light and help when it arrives. But smoking is a massive trigger for me not just the external smoke but internally it stays in your system for a long time.

My face at a few good months where was Paler. My confidence went up and I started going out more. Casual smoking has returned some of my redness and not even the LED can Calm it down at the moment. Hopefully the blue light and help when it arrives. But smoking is a massive trigger for me not just the external smoke but internally it stays in your system for a long time.
    Yeah, it's really hard on the body. Are you trying to quit again?