Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Botox helping my flushing (!)

Just want to update this - I had been getting botox every 3 months for the past 1.5 years. Recently I skipped my usual appt (unimportant reason), and I'd say 4 months after my last, my evening burning really deteriorated again. I have the same pulsing, pounding, sensation that I believe is more nerve based + reflects small fiber neuropathy (and less so blood vessel instability .. although this might be the unfortunate result). Comes out of the blue at night (can go from a 0 to a 10 in a few seconds), and all I can do is wait it out.

I am trying to get another appt ASAP. But I def. took for granted how much the botox was helping me. I think it was quieting the neurogenic inflammation / making the sensory nerves less likely to spontaneously fire + dump their inflammatory / dilatory stuffs (?)

It doesn't help much with social flushing, but a lot with the evening burning/flushing. THis was my observation when I started having it done, too.
    Last edited by laser_cat; 18th September 2018 at 02:12 AM.

I agree botox can be very helpful as long as you have a really good doctor to inject it that understands rosacea well. The main problem is if they hit larger blood vessels. The Accuvein is a good new tool available to help the injector either find or avoid veins (clearly in the case of rosacea the injector should be trying to avoid the veins!).

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I agree botox can be very helpful as long as you have a really good doctor to inject it that understands rosacea well. The main problem is if they hit larger blood vessels. The Accuvein is a good new tool available to help the injector either find or avoid veins (clearly in the case of rosacea the injector should be trying to avoid the veins!).
    Thanks ants - never heard of accuvein. I'll ask my derm about it Yeah, I agree about that not hitting hte veins is important .. I am a little nervous each time about that! It actually concerns me much more than the pain of the needle poking...

Botox for me has helped more than most oral medication, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Ants - Curious if you've used "aquagold" or a similar needle before? I think it might be able to provide a more uniform delivery of botox, without risking any paralysis of the muscles (ensuring it is shallow enough)

Thanks!

I'm very interested in trying botox for redness and burning sensation. I am wondering what the costs are, can somebody comment on that?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuaweismann View Post
    I'm very interested in trying botox for redness and burning sensation. I am wondering what the costs are, can somebody comment on that?
    botoxcost.jpg

HOW MUCH DOES BOTOX COST?, USA today
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi