Thread: Questions for Admin

Default Questions for Admin

Hi there

As a forum user (addict) for almost 15 years, I have a few questions for Admin, around a few things which are abnormal on this forum compared to the many others I've used.

1. Why is there such a delay between being allowed to post again after posting? If memory serves it's two minutes.

2. Why are sent PMs not automatically saved to Sent items?

3. I have tried updating the opening post in one of my threads, but posts are only editable for a short period. How am I to edit the opening post with useful information for other sufferers? I have tried RBPing (report bad post) my thread twice to get the attention of the mods, but to no avail.

Thanks.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

I have an additional question!

Sometimes when I finish a reply to thread and try to post it, a window appears which says something along the lines of: "your post will be shown after a mod reviews it". And then the post is never shown. So, obviously, very frustrating if you've just written a very long reply and it basically gets deleted when you try to post it.
    I sent an e-mail to you about this but there's been no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by eIegantsquatIobster View Post
    I have an additional question!

Sometimes when I finish a reply to thread and try to post it, a window appears which says something along the lines of: "your post will be shown after a mod reviews it". And then the post is never shown. So, obviously, very frustrating if you've just written a very long reply and it basically gets deleted when you try to post it.
    I sent an e-mail to you about this but there's been no reply.
    This will be because the spam flag has been raised. Sadly there are many of these held each day so the queue of flagged messages is always full.
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Hi there

As a forum user (addict) for almost 15 years, I have a few questions for Admin, around a few things which are abnormal on this forum compared to the many others I've used.

1. Why is there such a delay between being allowed to post again after posting? If memory serves it's two minutes.

2. Why are sent PMs not automatically saved to Sent items?

3. I have tried updating the opening post in one of my threads, but posts are only editable for a short period. How am I to edit the opening post with useful information for other sufferers? I have tried RBPing (report bad post) my thread twice to get the attention of the mods, but to no avail.

Thanks.
    The flood delay is now much reduced, down from 3 minutes to 15 seconds.

PMs are archived if you ask them to be. Can be set for you as a user and overriden on each PM. See general settings -> private messaging in your CP.

Posts are now allowed to be edited. Will trial to see how it goes. Changes are logged so you can see the history of each post.
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Quote Originally Posted by David Pascoe View Post
    The flood delay is now much reduced, down from 3 minutes to 15 seconds.

PMs are archived if you ask them to be. Can be set for you as a user and overriden on each PM. See general settings -> private messaging in your CP.

Posts are now allowed to be edited. Will trial to see how it goes. Changes are logged so you can see the history of each post.
    Hi David

Thank you for this.

I forgot to ask, but please could you also enable the automatic enabling of signatures below posts for all members.

Regarding the archiving of PMs. I have frequented around ten vB forums over the years. All of them, by default, automatically save sent PMs to Sent Items.

I understand that with each sent PM, the user can decide if they want a copy saved to Sent Items.

I would still argue that they should be saved to Sent Items automatically. It causes much confusion for new members or those less savvy, because they aren't sure whether their PMs have been sent or not. For example I have received double PMs from two members, because they were unsure if the first PM had been sent as there was no copy saved to Sent Items.

Both of the first PMs were far more detailed, and the second ones have always been summaries because the senders don't want to have to type them out again.

I have also experienced the downsides to the lack of automatic saving, as I have sent many informative and thorough PMs to members, which I could have sent to other members asking the same questions, which I now do not have copies of. I am therefore often not up to spending as much time recomposing them, when I could have simply collected the info from my Sent Items had the automatic saving been enabled.

I ask again, kindly, that you please enable the automatic saving of sent PMs.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

David, please can signatures as well as the automatic saving of sent PMs be enabled already?

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...l=1#post338779

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...l=1#post338800