Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Advise, pic showing flushing

Quote Originally Posted by nat007 View Post
    The less you flush, and the more pale you can keep your skin, the more chance of you breaking this flushing cycle, and calming the rosacea down as well.
    This is huge and very, VERY good advice. My rosacea and flushing have improved because I've been taking steps to minimize my flushing as much as I possibly can. The less you flush, the less red your face is, and after a while some of those dilated blood vessels will start to recede--or rather, they won't open as often or as easily.

I'm of the belief that rosacea is reversible, to a certain extent. I think this because of what I've been observing in my own condition and also, because of some of the papers I've read regarding rosacea and flushing. The most useful one I've read by far has been this one right here. https://rosacea-support.org/the-warm...ways-knew.html

This discusses the science behind the warm room flush and ways in which you can help minimize your flushing. It's a long article, but well worth reading, in my opinion.

Hope you're doing well,
    Katie

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    This is huge and very, VERY good advice. My rosacea and flushing have improved because I've been taking steps to minimize my flushing as much as I possibly can. The less you flush, the less red your face is, and after a while some of those dilated blood vessels will start to recede--or rather, they won't open as often or as easily.

I'm of the belief that rosacea is reversible, to a certain extent. I think this because of what I've been observing in my own condition and also, because of some of the papers I've read regarding rosacea and flushing. The most useful one I've read by far has been this one right here. https://rosacea-support.org/the-warm...ways-knew.html

This discusses the science behind the warm room flush and ways in which you can help minimize your flushing. It's a long article, but well worth reading, in my opinion.

Hope you're doing well,
    Katie
    This has been my experience as well. It was my dr. (Anthony Chu) who said that to me btw, about having to break the flushing cycle for the flushing to decrease and for rosacea to stabilize. At that moment I was literally flushing non stop. Days, nights, weekends, holidays, at home, in the supermarket. I thought after some year+ of that, my vascularity was completely ruined and my skin too. But medication in my own case did help to make matters more calm and to bring the flushing frequency down, and some days I look fairly pale now (never for long, mind you), but still; it's not one long dark progressive road to misery necessarily. Try to avoid flares for a longer time and you might actually develop a higher threshold to flush in time. This is especially so if someones flaring has a clear cause. For instance hormonal disrupture. Or an allergic reaction. Or a histamine reaction or overload in the body. Then tackling those underlying problems can also make the rosacea go calm again in time, even it is even possible when initially someone flushed and was red all the time.

Thanks for the interesting link!

Quote Originally Posted by nat007 View Post
    This has been my experience as well. It was my dr. (Anthony Chu) who said that to me btw, about having to break the flushing cycle for the flushing to decrease and for rosacea to stabilize. At that moment I was literally flushing non stop. Days, nights, weekends, holidays, at home, in the supermarket. I thought after some year+ of that, my vascularity was completely ruined and my skin too. But medication in my own case did help to make matters more calm and to bring the flushing frequency down, and some days I look fairly pale now (never for long, mind you), but still; it's not one long dark progressive road to misery necessarily. Try to avoid flares for a longer time and you might actually develop a higher threshold to flush in time. This is especially so if someones flaring has a clear cause. For instance hormonal disrupture. Or an allergic reaction. Or a histamine reaction or overload in the body. Then tackling those underlying problems can also make the rosacea go calm again in time, even it is even possible when initially someone flushed and was red all the time.

Thanks for the interesting link!
    No problem. I think that it's something everyone with flushing as a symptom should read! 😊

HELLO ALL

Well its been a few weeks and i went back to see a different derm yesterday. He said the flushing is very hard to fully treat and the laser treatment can definitely help. Also gave me a prescription for a NEW cream called RHOFADE. Told me to stay on Clonidine and Propanolol ...but that was really it.. no real ground breaking news unfortunately ...

Gil

[

Has anyone tried this new cream.

QUOTE=Gil1978;336162]HELLO ALL

Well its been a few weeks and i went back to see a different derm yesterday. He said the flushing is very hard to fully treat and the laser treatment can definitely help. Also gave me a prescription for a NEW cream called RHOFADE. Told me to stay on Clonidine and Propanolol ...but that was really it.. no real ground breaking news unfortunately ...

Gil[/QUOTE]

Default Update

Well after 3 good days using the cream, rebound flush has just happened.
    No more cream for me, it will be laser as my last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil1978 View Post
    [

Has anyone tried this new cream.

QUOTE=Gil1978;336162]HELLO ALL

Gil
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Gil1978 View Post
    Well after 3 good days using the cream, rebound flush has just happened.
    No more cream for me, it will be laser as my last resort.

[/QUOTE]

as most likely you already know this, but please be very careful with laser too. definitely do a patch test first and better not to rush into a whole face treatment.

good luck to you and keep us updated with how things are going...

Yes I would advise against using vasoconstrictors like Rhofade and Mirvaso as they are not a real treatment and only a temporary fix with the potential for serious consequences later.

Lasers have helped a lot of people, but they can be dangerous too if not used properly by an experienced practitioner. Make sure the derm that does it has experience. And yes, always do a patch test first! I'm going in for VBeam patch test myself next month. Do let us know how it goes for you. Best of luck! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Yes I would advise against using vasoconstrictors like Rhofade and Mirvaso as they are not a real treatment and only a temporary fix with the potential for serious consequences later.

Lasers have helped a lot of people, but they can be dangerous too if not used properly by an experienced practitioner. Make sure the derm that does it has experience. And yes, always do a patch test first! I'm going in for VBeam patch test myself next month. Do let us know how it goes for you. Best of luck! 😊
    Yes just to echo this - I just saw a derm who sees lots of patients for neurogenic rosacea/flushing. I asked him if laser would be a possibility for me, and perhaps since he knows so many derms he could recommend a laser practitioner for me ... and he said that 50% of his patients he sees have been DUE TO laser damage ... eek

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    Yes just to echo this - I just saw a derm who sees lots of patients for neurogenic rosacea/flushing. I asked him if laser would be a possibility for me, and perhaps since he knows so many derms he could recommend a laser practitioner for me ... and he said that 50% of his patients he sees have been DUE TO laser damage ... eek
    ****. Fifty percent? That is awfully high. I'm glad I'm being super careful, then. I'll be driving two hours to see my V-Beam doctor. I was going to just do IPL here in my hometown, but the place I went to was a Med Spa, and the more I thought about it, the more it started to sound like a bad idea.

The guy claimed to have lots of experience treating vascular rosacea with IPL, but he's not a dermatologist, and something about it just didn't feel right to me. So I'll be driving two hours out of town to see a guy who is both a board certified dermatologist and with years and years of experience (and proof) of successfully using V-Beam on rosacea. Am I pleased about the drive? No, and the cost will be greater than if I'd just done IPL. But I have done research and I have found WAY more reports of serious adverse reactions with IPL than with V-Beam.

In short...be very careful who you choose to do your laser treatment. We're riding a very fine line here between helping and hurting ourselves. Trust me, I'm scared out of my mind. But it's something I want to try, so I'm going to, albeit very, VERY carefully.

Lasercat, do you think you will consider trying a laser treatment in the future? What else did your derm say about lasers? Anything noteworthy?