Thread: Oral Ivermectin for Ocular Rosacea

Default Oral Ivermectin for Ocular Rosacea

Hi everyone,
    I looked for a similar topic on the forum, but I've not found anything, so I decided to start a new thread.
    I've been suffering from Ocular Rosacea for 10 years and it was correctly diagnosed only 1 year ago when my ophthalmologist found Demodex mites in the eyelashes. In this period of time I've discovered that I'm tetracycline resistant (because all treatments based on this kind of drugs proved ineffective
    during several months), so I've tried other methods like TTO, Cliradex and IPL.
    Since the only method that gave me mild improvement were Cliradex wipes (after just 3 weeks), my doctor put me on a different therapy based on oral Ivermectin (15mg once a week for the first month and then once every month for 6 months) and I've noticed a clear improvement regarding break-outs in my scalp and chest areas, while the redness of my eyelids was only reduced in the inner part but not on the outside.
    I know it is a treatment that take a lot of time, but based on your experience, how long does it take to see a remarkable improvement of the external redness and swelling of the eyes? I'm actually on week 6 from the beginning of this treatment.
    Thank you very much for your help!

How is it going?

Default oral Ivermectin

I could not get oral Ivermectin so after a lot of research I used the Horse paste Ivermectin and my face cleared up to perfect skin after a few weeks. It did flare up the worst it had ever been when i first took it . I posted my experience on this site under JIMR if you care to read about it https://rosacea-support.org/just-how...dex-mites.html