Thread: Suncream and After Sun Lotion for Type One Roseacea

Default Suncream and After Sun Lotion for Type One Roseacea

Hi

I am currently using Sunsense Ultra factor fifty. It was recommendrd by a Dermatologist a couple of years ago.

What products are other folk using, as a suncream and as an aftersun lotion?

Any suggestions would be helpful, particularly in light of the current weather!

I try to stay out of the sun completely, but it is not always possible, as you know.

Rob

Hey Rob,

This is a good question that I would be curious about as well. I have subtype 1 (I'm always red) and I have very fair skin and I burn easily. Typically I've used the Cereve products, however, I'm not a huge fan of their daily lotion which is SPF 30 (Amazon link) as it feels pretty greasy. I may be inclined to try their SPF 50 sunscreen, but I'm always looking for new things. Thanks for the suggestion!

What are others currently using?

Quote Originally Posted by RobT View Post
    Hi

I am currently using Sunsense Ultra factor fifty. It was recommendrd by a Dermatologist a couple of years ago.

What products are other folk using, as a suncream and as an aftersun lotion?

Any suggestions would be helpful, particularly in light of the current weather!

I try to stay out of the sun completely, but it is not always possible, as you know.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Fawlty View Post
    Hey Rob,

This is a good question that I would be curious about as well. I have subtype 1 (I'm always red) and I have very fair skin and I burn easily. Typically I've used the Cereve products, however, I'm not a huge fan of their daily lotion which is SPF 30 (Amazon link) as it feels pretty greasy. I may be inclined to try their SPF 50 sunscreen, but I'm always looking for new things. Thanks for the suggestion!

What are others currently using?
    Dear friends,

More than a year ago I 20170603_143408.jpgtried Melablock HSP SPF 50+ from SKIN TECH with a great deal of hope. The product protect from very high UAV/UAB protection plus has anti thermal stress effect(the only product with anti thermal protection I could find on the net at that date). So in two words should protect from the sun and heat two triggers of Rosacea. The product works very well on my skin in the first day. In the second day I have terrible chemical pains in the skin. I have tried over time at least three times to repeat the procedure and the result was the same. Very disappointing. So many hopes and no working solutions.

Default Suncream etc.

Hi, I had a conversation with my Dermotologist last week and again raised the question of suncream.

She confirmed her initial recommendation of Sunsense, factor 50+.

What cream is everyone else using and what about after sun lotion?

I have searched long and far for a mineral sunscreen that is lightweight, doesn't give a white-cast, fragrance and irritant free. There are very few drugstore sunscreens that I would even consider applying to sensitive skin. Some brands I have tried include Elta MD, Alba Botanica, Badger Sunscreens, Mychelle, Avene, Neutrogena, Dr. Jart, Kiss My face, and many others I can't even remember. Most of them where either too thick, white, and oily to wear everyday, didn't work, or irritated my skin. Sometimes the irritation was immediate, other times it stung when I started to sweat or got in my eyes.

The best sunscreens I have tried so far are:
    Devita Solar Moisturizer
    Ingredients: Active Ingredient: Zinc oxide: 19% Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis* (aloe vera gel), purified water (aqua), capric/caprylic triglycerides (derived from coconut oil), glycerin (vegetable), hyaluronic acid (vegan source), glyceryl stearate SE (derived from vegetable oil), stearic acid, lecithin phospholipid, tocopherol (vitamin E), allantoin, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract

Derma-E Fragrance Free Natural Mineral Sunscreen
    Ingredients: Purified Water, Coco-Caprylate (Coconut Derived), Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Lauryl Glucoside (Plant Derived), Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Microcrystalline Cellulose (Plant Derived), Cellulose Gum (Plant Derived), Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C),Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phytic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol.

**This sunscreen can start to 'pill-up' if you rub it in too much, so don't overwork it.

I've heard amazing things about MD Solar Sciences and Coola's fragrance free mineral options, I would look into them too.

Old thread maybe needs some updating - I use sun bum premium mineral sunscreen. It is the only one Ive been able to use that doesnt irritate my skin except for the one I make for home use. Any of the mineral sunscreens are going to white cast because they use zinc as a physical blocker. You canít avoid it unless you use a chemical sunscreen which tends to irritate rosaceans

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Old thread maybe needs some updating - I use sun bum premium mineral sunscreen. It is the only one Ive been able to use that doesnt irritate my skin except for the one I make for home use. Any of the mineral sunscreens are going to white cast because they use zinc as a physical blocker. You canít avoid it unless you use a chemical sunscreen which tends to irritate rosaceans
    +1 for Sun Bum. I don't use their mineral sunscreen though, as am a big surfer and use a physical sun block stick when I am out in the water.

IMG_20190405_113117324.jpg
    Used the Nivea 30. Made me break out in itchy spots on my forehead.
    Used Nivea 50 . Feels ok but very greasy. And makes you look very white.

Yet to test the rest.

https://www.nivea.co.uk/shop/uv-face...752200045.html

I have recently discovered this stuff. It is ace because it's the only sun tan lotion I can tolerate that completely disappears with no residue.

It's for oily skin, so maybe not be appropriate for everyone, but I can put it on and leave it and it doesn't even feel like I've got any on.