Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Suncream and After Sun Lotion for Type One Roseacea

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13

    Default Suncream and After Sun Lotion for Type One Roseacea

    Hi

    I am currently using Sunsense Ultra factor fifty. It was recommendrd by a Dermatologist a couple of years ago.

    What products are other folk using, as a suncream and as an aftersun lotion?

    Any suggestions would be helpful, particularly in light of the current weather!

    I try to stay out of the sun completely, but it is not always possible, as you know.

    Rob

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13
    Country: United States

    Default

    Hey Rob,

    This is a good question that I would be curious about as well. I have subtype 1 (I'm always red) and I have very fair skin and I burn easily. Typically I've used the Cereve products, however, I'm not a huge fan of their daily lotion which is SPF 30 (Amazon link) as it feels pretty greasy. I may be inclined to try their SPF 50 sunscreen, but I'm always looking for new things. Thanks for the suggestion!

    What are others currently using?

    Quote Originally Posted by RobT View Post
    Hi

    I am currently using Sunsense Ultra factor fifty. It was recommendrd by a Dermatologist a couple of years ago.

    What products are other folk using, as a suncream and as an aftersun lotion?

    Any suggestions would be helpful, particularly in light of the current weather!

    I try to stay out of the sun completely, but it is not always possible, as you know.

    Rob

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    87
    Country: Romania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fawlty View Post
    Hey Rob,

    This is a good question that I would be curious about as well. I have subtype 1 (I'm always red) and I have very fair skin and I burn easily. Typically I've used the Cereve products, however, I'm not a huge fan of their daily lotion which is SPF 30 (Amazon link) as it feels pretty greasy. I may be inclined to try their SPF 50 sunscreen, but I'm always looking for new things. Thanks for the suggestion!

    What are others currently using?
    Dear friends,

    More than a year ago I 20170603_143408.jpgtried Melablock HSP SPF 50+ from SKIN TECH with a great deal of hope. The product protect from very high UAV/UAB protection plus has anti thermal stress effect(the only product with anti thermal protection I could find on the net at that date). So in two words should protect from the sun and heat two triggers of Rosacea. The product works very well on my skin in the first day. In the second day I have terrible chemical pains in the skin. I have tried over time at least three times to repeat the procedure and the result was the same. Very disappointing. So many hopes and no working solutions.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13

    Default Suncream etc.

    Hi, I had a conversation with my Dermotologist last week and again raised the question of suncream.

    She confirmed her initial recommendation of Sunsense, factor 50+.

    What cream is everyone else using and what about after sun lotion?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I have searched long and far for a mineral sunscreen that is lightweight, doesn't give a white-cast, fragrance and irritant free. There are very few drugstore sunscreens that I would even consider applying to sensitive skin. Some brands I have tried include Elta MD, Alba Botanica, Badger Sunscreens, Mychelle, Avene, Neutrogena, Dr. Jart, Kiss My face, and many others I can't even remember. Most of them where either too thick, white, and oily to wear everyday, didn't work, or irritated my skin. Sometimes the irritation was immediate, other times it stung when I started to sweat or got in my eyes.

    The best sunscreens I have tried so far are:
    Devita Solar Moisturizer
    Ingredients: Active Ingredient: Zinc oxide: 19% Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis* (aloe vera gel), purified water (aqua), capric/caprylic triglycerides (derived from coconut oil), glycerin (vegetable), hyaluronic acid (vegan source), glyceryl stearate SE (derived from vegetable oil), stearic acid, lecithin phospholipid, tocopherol (vitamin E), allantoin, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract

    Derma-E Fragrance Free Natural Mineral Sunscreen
    Ingredients: Purified Water, Coco-Caprylate (Coconut Derived), Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Lauryl Glucoside (Plant Derived), Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Microcrystalline Cellulose (Plant Derived), Cellulose Gum (Plant Derived), Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C),Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phytic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol.

    **This sunscreen can start to 'pill-up' if you rub it in too much, so don't overwork it.

    I've heard amazing things about MD Solar Sciences and Coola's fragrance free mineral options, I would look into them too.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    13
    Country: United States

    Default

    Old thread maybe needs some updating - I use sun bum premium mineral sunscreen. It is the only one Ive been able to use that doesnt irritate my skin except for the one I make for home use. Any of the mineral sunscreens are going to white cast because they use zinc as a physical blocker. You canít avoid it unless you use a chemical sunscreen which tends to irritate rosaceans

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    145
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Old thread maybe needs some updating - I use sun bum premium mineral sunscreen. It is the only one Ive been able to use that doesnt irritate my skin except for the one I make for home use. Any of the mineral sunscreens are going to white cast because they use zinc as a physical blocker. You canít avoid it unless you use a chemical sunscreen which tends to irritate rosaceans
    +1 for Sun Bum. I don't use their mineral sunscreen though, as am a big surfer and use a physical sun block stick when I am out in the water.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    9
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    IMG_20190405_113117324.jpg
    Used the Nivea 30. Made me break out in itchy spots on my forehead.
    Used Nivea 50 . Feels ok but very greasy. And makes you look very white.

    Yet to test the rest.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    29
    Country: UK

    Default

    https://www.nivea.co.uk/shop/uv-face...752200045.html

    I have recently discovered this stuff. It is ace because it's the only sun tan lotion I can tolerate that completely disappears with no residue.

    It's for oily skin, so maybe not be appropriate for everyone, but I can put it on and leave it and it doesn't even feel like I've got any on.

Similar Threads

  1. Zinc cream / suncream at night
    By ginaisred in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th November 2015, 11:23 AM
  2. Organic Suncream - Advice
    By roasceaclearwannabe in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd November 2014, 02:40 PM
  3. Excellent Sun lotion for face and body.
    By Judworth in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th June 2014, 10:39 AM
  4. Suncream Advice UK - Avene Hydrance Optimal SPF 25
    By bails007 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th April 2014, 05:42 PM
  5. Oil free sun lotion anyone???
    By ally24 in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3rd February 2009, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •